This is the first time I can say I regret owning an Acura...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahahah.. why is dajuice threatening scott on here ??
Old 09-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Hey guys. I have a Honda Accord, but I can give you some tips on how to get issues resolved at the dealer.

If the problems persist with the tech. driving the car with you, have the service manager ride in the car with you. If he can hear it, then that's the end of story. They HAVE to fix it or get to the bottom of it. If they don't, you can ask to see the regional service manager. The regional service manager comes to each dealer at least once a month. When the service manager comes, by appointment, have him ride the car with you and make sure you can duplicate the problems. They're more inclined to help customers. They're sort of the bridge/gateway between the customers and dealers. They handle the questionable warranty claims.

If the regional service manager agrees that there's a problem, then the dealer basically gets a "blank check" to fix the problem. They can give you a rental, take many hours to diagnose and fix the problem. The reason the dealer doesn't like to do extensive repairs without justification is that they get paid like 0.15 hour for each car to diagnose. For noise problems, it takes quite a bit of time to diagnose the source. I guess it's their most troublesome fix to do. But after I've had about 3 noise problems and visits to a total of 4 dealers, I finally found the regional service manager approving the repairs. Before the approval, they'd just apply foam tape around the affected ara. But after the approval, the dealer did a laundry list of repairs afterwards. Some of the repairs were : lubricating and adjusting the window regulator. I was stunned. When they get the money to repair, believe me, they'll repair it.

It can be a pain to deal with the only dealer around the area. That doesn't make them compete with other dealers to give you the best service in the area. Try to ask for a different service tech. or the main foreman in the shop. And if they keep saying the mods cause the noise problems, have them prove it to you. Come to them with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if you think the legal course would be helpful. For more info, go here: http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124. Best wishes.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Well, one of the best things you could do... you did. Come on here and talk about your experience. What you should then do is tell everyone you know with an Acura and/or who's looking to buy an Acura, to stay away from them. That will hurt them the most.. in the pocket.

Then you should go through Acura Customer Service AND the BBB. Even if Acura takes care of you you should still report it to the BBB so they have a mark on their record. It's complete bullshit that they turn you away from fixing a problem... and even more BS that it appears to be because of laziness.

Good luck with this.....
Old 09-05-2002, 11:23 AM
You are not here.

It looks as though there are enough people in the vacinity to compose quite the lobbying force.

Try this, all of you guys meet up one day for lunch, and stop by David McDavid to have a word with those insulent fucks. Maybe mention this forum and all the others around the country aware of the issue. Bring lots of printed material, warranty print outs, relating legal jargon, TSBs, names and numbers from Regional Honda reps,Get last names, maybe bring someone with a camera to start walking around taking pictures, have someone stand in the background on a phone, a couple walking around making general chaos, and several very vocal members up front asking for the service Rep., General manager, etc. Do this for ten minutes or so and then leave just as quickly as you came. It will take them a while to figure out what happened but they will for sure think twice the next time they want to vent on a customer, thinking that it won't get around very far.

Or maybe Dajuice was on to something....
Old 09-05-2002, 01:19 PM
Advanced

THAT IS TOTAL BULLSHIT

DEFINITLEY TAKE THIS UP WITH THE REGIONAL MANAGER, I WOULD NOT STOP UNTILL THIS ASSHOLE WAS FIRED OR DEAD, PREFERABLY BOTH

-sorry if this offended anyone I needed to vent, reading that PISSED me off alot-
Old 09-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, look what some golphers dug up:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=6997

Category:
Auto Dealer Repairs Submitted: 10/6/2001
Modified: 10/6/2001

Double Charging & Deceptive Body Repair, ripoff fraud by David McDavid Honda, Gulf Freeway, Houston, Texas
Company
David McDavid Honda Body Collision Center
Address:
11911 Gulf Freeway
Houston TX 77034
U.S.A.
Phone:
713-948-1900

"My wife's Honda Civic Car was not completely repaired for damge under the car (wnen she over=ran an object on the road at night) by David McDavid Honda (DMH)on 8/16/00. My wife was hit by a 16-wheeler Trailor-Truck on 11/20/00, and car was towed to DMH Body shop to repair the damage on the sides and frame.

DMH Body Shop repaired the car and my wife picked it up while I was overseas. Upon my return, I saw that the repaired bumper was coming apart where the end rivets were holding it. I took the car back to DMH body shop 3/16/01, and three days later told that the bumper was falling because my wife had hit some object that had broken the rivets.

When I went to look at the car the Body Shop manager pointed out to me newly discovered damge under the car that looked familiar and for that I was chrged in August last tyear, but my car was not fixed for the thing this man was showing me by hoisting the car. I could not believe my eyes, as it was the same damge for which I paid them in August, 2000. therin addition to the repair damage estimate added the charges for the same kind of damage I was charged earlier in August, 2000.When I took this matter with the Management, thery would not admit their double charging for the same repairs.

I reported the case to BBB of Houston, and when they wanted the response, DMH skirted around the issue and finally would not respond to BBB request. After a few days I called BBB and was told that since DMH did not want to respond to my complaint they had dropped the case. What a screw-up for Senior Citizen customers taking advantage of our Insurance and making fool of us (both highly educated person). I will send you the copy of my complaint via e-mail, as well.

Bashir A. Syed"
Old 09-05-2002, 02:24 PM

DOWN WITH DAVID MCDADE ACURA!!!

If that had happened to me, I would have stopped the car IMMEDIATELY. Told that little prick scott to get out, or I will proceed to kick his ass out.

Drive back to the dealership, also get a lawyer, and come back the next day threatening suit.

FUCK YOU DAVID MCDADE ACURA!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by TypeSKid
DAVID MCDADE ACURA!!!

McDade <-> McDavid ????? (An evil relative?)
Old 09-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by EricL
Double Charging & Deceptive Body Repair, ripoff fraud by David McDavid Honda, Gulf Freeway, Houston, Texas
Company

Different DMD. He's got Honda/Acura dealerships all over Texas.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:01 PM
I hate the Mets

What is this dealerships phone number???? We have enough of a force to at least completely fuck w/ their service department!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post that number please!
Old 09-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by mc222@aol.com
What is this dealerships phone number???? We have enough of a force to at least completely fuck w/ their service department!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post that number please!
Service/Body Department Information

Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sun: Closed
Contact
Phone: (512) 335-5555
Fax: (512) 335-7512
mbenitez@mcdavid.com
Old 09-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by EricS
Different DMD. He's got Honda/Acura dealerships all over Texas.

Same owner of both shops (shit falls downward most of the time)

All of the links come from the same root web page!

http://www.mcdavid.com/index.asp

"This Brand Stands for Saving local gun dealers (our customer's are always heading for more ammo)"

See this page:

http://www.mcdavid.com/loc-hondahous...hop_department

Center of page:
MCDAVID COLLISION CENTER109 WINKLERHOUSTON,TEXAS 77034 713 641-6160 713 641-3940 FAX EMAIL: HBODYSHOP@MCDAVID.COM

Lower part of page:

11911 Gulf Freeway
Houston, TX 77034
E-mail us at: hondaweb@McDavid.com

AND another part of the un-holly brotherhood of EEEVIL

From complaint:
Company
Address:
11911 Gulf Freeway
Houston TX 77034
U.S.A.
Phone:
713-948-1900

THEY MATCH WITHOUT A DOUBT

AND

David McDavid Acura of Austin Contact us at (512)335-5555
(800)575-3553
13553 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78750

Where you referring to the DAVID MCDADE ACURA evil twin reference?
Old 09-05-2002, 11:08 PM
Banned

peiqinglong:
Thanks man...me too.

bl^5:
Really? You have a story too? By the way...what is the good dealership in San Antonio I hear good things about? And who does everyone work with that sounds like a good guy? I will probably be taking my car down there from now on.

shaHn78:
I hope so...but doubt it . As for those shops...I've always wondered about them. I'd love to go there if the work is warranty covered (aka I don't have to pay). Is it?

Silverbullet:
Really? Who do you guys work with that I could meet up with? Because I probably am going to start going there. Ah...read your next post...Izi? That's his name? Pronounced "eh-zee"?

sidemarker:
Oh...is Gunn bad too? What was your bad experience with Gunn? Nevermind...read your next post. Well...nothing could be as bad as David McDavid.

EricS:
Yeah...I just don't think I can fix a squeak. I don't know when they'll be open actually. I just heard about them once from David McDavid...in really hushed tones. Good Q.

360:
Thanks man...yeah the gen serv. manager didn't do much for me last time. He was actually mad at me when I pointed out where they scratched my hood . But if we have to picket David McDavid I'll call you up We've gotta have a Texas meet sometime soon too...so I'll see ya then

mc222@aol.com:
Heh...almost all good ideas I wish I wasn't as cool headed sometimes...it'd be a lot more fun that way. But good ideas, I hope I don't have to go that far.

JRock:
Heh my heart wanted to but my mind said "Hmmm...probably not good when it comes time to talk to an Acura rep." But just know that in my heart, I was with you bro.

EricL:
Heh heh not a bad idea. Something tells me though after this they won't want to go anywhere near me.

mcdanjw:
Oh you bought it there? Dude, I'm sorry. I took delivery of mine from AL (my parents live there now. The sales people there tried to charge me 4k more than they should have...I entertained the sales guy...for about 10 minutes. Then I was gone . I would never buy from them. He was actually taking delivery of the exact car I wanted (what I have now), but that weekend let the service manager take it out for a drive. It came back 200 miles later on Monday, with an oil bottle opened and dripping in the back, french fries and pennies in the seats, one scratched rim, and gum rubbed into the front driver's side carpet (not mat). He said he'd knock off $500. That was actually when I decided never to go back there.

acur8ly:
Ah but will they do it under warranty? Aka I don't have to pay? I didn't think anyone but Acura dealers would...but if any Honda place will too...dude then I'm there. Howdy Honda seems really nice over here. Let me know.

dajuice27:
I love you :thumpsup: did I ever tell you that? Next time ride with me over there...I'll just let you talk about it...

Scrib:
Thanks man

AZMerf:
Try here man...or the Honda forums. The honda forums may actually be better...those with Hondas wanting to get Acuras...

Got Rice?:
I envy you. If I have my way they won't hear the end of it.

Pappy:
I actually posted all that so I could make sure to remember it in its entirety. I didn't want to over or under exaggerate. So I'll probably just print that out and show it to whomever. You and I think alike though

gto2050:
Don't tempt me. At this point that actually sounds good.

showgunz:
VERY good advice. Actually Scott I believe IS the shop foreman...so I dunno what's going to happen.

juniorbean:
You're right...we'll see how it goes but I most likely will.

Proteus:
Heh...not a bad idea...I may ask my brothas to help me out on that Guys?

type-s on19's:
You and me both man...I'm glad to see the empathy...it's a lot more than David McDavid showed me.

EricL:
EricS is right...different shop same owner...I will talk to the owner though if they don't fix this.

Yeah that's the right number, 512 335 5555.

And that post was funny as hell

Austin519
Old 09-06-2002, 06:19 AM
Pro

Austin,
from reading about ur service history u have a lemon on your hands. i really hope u have receipts and paperwork for all work attempted and performed. lemon law is a beautiful thing people. best part is that lemon law dictates that the automanufactuer pay for your lawyer's expenses. so its free too.

i've been on a lemon law kick lately. i just got my mom's SL500 bought back at the amount she paid for it - 3 fuel gauges later
Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Banned

acuraboy:
Unfortunately a lemon is only a lemon if it's undriveable. My car, although VERY squeaky...is driveable. So I don't think it's going to happen

Austin519
Old 09-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Banned

THEY CANCELLED ON ME! I was called by the service manager about...oh...90 minutes before the appointment and told "He doesn't have enough time to see you today, sorry." He then said he'd reschedule me but the guy wouldn't be there till next month. Also...it's 4:20 on the last day that Acura TLC said they would call me back, and I still haven't gotten a call. I even reminded them at 2:30 and he said they'd call me.

Austin519
Old 09-09-2002, 08:18 PM
Cruisin'

Well...

if this truly is in vialation of the service contract, my postion when I'm being mistreated is to do the following:

get evidence of the abuse (i.e. tape record it)

get work done on your car, nothing TOO major, but about $200

Get your keys, leave no address tell "Scott" that until he resolves the service issue, the bill will go unpaid.
Undoubtably you will be threatened with a lawsuit: he doesn't want to do this, so he will most definetely say he will do the service to your car.

Refuse to let him touch it.

Have him sign an apology, a VERY embarrasing apology.

Pay your bill, present this apology to CS aswell as every bureau you can think of that deals with this sort of thing. Wait for him to be fired....

Just a thought, worked like a charm for me...
Old 09-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Bad experience at McDavid Austin TOO

Inept, unprofessional, idiots, cheats, that's my opinion of this dealer. I bought my car there and the sales rep was fired within a month, the used car manager cheated me out of $300 and would not talk to me on the phone. In for 'service' and a new ding appeared on the side and the radio was cranked up so loud on a station I don;'t listen too that the speakers were rattling. I complained and they said the mechanic had been fired. It took me 4 months of begging to get my 'warranty' in writing and then it was just scribbled on a window sticker.
I will never buy a car from this dealer again and now I hear San Antonio is bad too? I feel for you Austin. They have lots of new people out there now but they seem even less professional and ignorant.
I regret now liking Acuras cause this dealer ruins the experience.
How dare Honda let the dealers get away with this unprofessionalism. It's disgusting. How dare they treat you like that.
I wrote letters to them about earlier service night,mares and they never responded.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Banned

Wiggy:
Not too bad on an idea...but I'm trying to keep my hands as clean as possible at this point...and stay on top.

95LegendCoupe:
Damn...I wish I was the only one this happened to. I am so sorry man . I'm probably going to have to go to San Antonio after all this is over, so I'll let you know.

Austin519
Old 09-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Banned

Okay...so I just filed two complaints, one against the manufacturer for build issues and not getting back to me and one against David McDavid specifically. If you guys want to read them go here:

Complaint 800729
Complaint 800771

Now...an update on what Acura TLC is doing. So yesterday when I called at 2:30 to remind them to call me, the guy who spoke with me rudely goes "well it's only 2:30, it's not 5 yet". So I wait patiently until 5, call back, and talk to a girl who tells me first, my case has been transferred from Jason Stratford to a guy named David, and second, David is gone for the day. I was never called by either when I was told I was going to be called. So I tell her fine, get him to call me tomorrow at 12:30 when I'm out of class, she says she promises he will. Now today, 12:30 comes and goes, and at 4 PM I finally get a call...but I'm in class, so I ask David calmly to please call me back in 15 mins when I can get out. I skip out of class 15 mins later, and await his call. 5 o'clock rolls around today, and I call back. I find out that guess what, he left for the day, WITHOUT CALLING ME BACK! I get her to leave a note on his desk, and I file the two reports above. That's it...I'm tired of this shit, I want blood.

Austin519
Old 09-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Banned

So an update...I spoke with David again today. He called me at 4 again...not 12:30 again like I asked. He was nice but he didn't really listen to me...he was too busy talking. To summarize what he said, he said that the dealership would fix my problems (duh), that they would file a complaint against the dealership (thank god), that there was nothing they could or would do about Scott (damn), and that's about it. He tried to explain it was good my car was having this much trouble because I was getting new parts (what the hell?) and I should be happy. I told him that was the stupidist thing I've ever heard and wanted an extended warranty because it's all good until my warranty runs out and I have to pay for those new parts. He said he'd call me back this week. We'll see...but they won't do crap about the dealership.

Austin519
Old 09-11-2002, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

SHIT!!! AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS FORUM TONIGHT!!!!!

I have been looking at cars for 3 weeks trying to figure out what my latest dream car would be and BAM! The CL-S from David McDavid was it! But with this kinda rap about the dealer, No Thanks... Life is too short to deal with idiots like this. No kidding, I was gonna call my sales rep in the morning and get a car off the lot. Maybe in years to come a good dealer will move to Austin and I can take another look...

Sorry Honda, here is a lost sale due to a shitty dealer...
Old 09-11-2002, 11:54 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guys,

FUCK Acura customer relations.. everybody urges you to call these guys but in reality, they are a bunch of min. wage monkeys sitting at a call centre and recording your complaint on their computer terminal. The abusive stories about dealerships I have heard on this board are imaginable... nobody should be treated that way even in a corner convinience store!!

In order to set up a process around complaints of the customer-facing folks (some of which should really be locked up somewhere or work on an assembly line), Acura puts up these monkeys that say "yes, sir...I understand sir...."... I reality, Acura has NO CONTROL on its dealers whatsoever and there are a bunch of notorious crooks out there that just wanna see your money and kick you in the ass while you are walking out of their petty dealerships...

Then Honda really wonders why they are losing marketshare to folks like Toyota, Nissan and Mazda.....

My advice is don't waste your time with customer service... craft a nice letter to the President of American Honda and CC. the VP (You can find the names/addresses with a couple calls)... Make sure to courier to their office with a "signature required"... Trust me, they will read and repond to your letter.... these folks sit up top and look at numbers and sales figures all day... they never really know the reason why they are losing or gaining market share.... they need to know!!

Write up a nice letter and send it.... explain that your brand loyalty is in jeopardy and demand that they rectify the situation...
Old 09-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Pro

Yeah. Honda is letting it's pioneering Acura brand slip further & further behind Lexus, Infiniti & all the German brands.

It's kind of a shame but I won't be spending my money on a Acura/Honda again.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Banned

CliffsAustin:
To be honest...even with all the crap I've been through with the car...you should still get one man. Acuras friggin rock as cars...just David McDavid of Acura sucks. Buy one from San Antonio or something...and drive down there for service...but the sales dept. at David McDavid is greasy and the service sucks. It is still worth it though man...I just got screwed.

ruvz:
That's probably a great idea...we'll see what Customer Service does about an extended warranty for me...and if they don't give me one I'm gonna start cutting off thumbs.

cnatra:
If I have to deal with this service neither do I. I love the car...it's more comfortable than a 330i and faster than an IS300...and cheaper than both...but the service is POS at DMD Acura...

Austin519
Old 09-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Austin, I called 2 honda dealers locally and one said they would do warranty work and one said no, you just need to call one local to u and see if they would cover the stuff.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Banned

acur8ly...he got banned here...you should tell him on IM or email (or I will...I talk to him online a good bit)
Old 09-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Banned??? What did I miss??? :confused"