First ticket in 4 yrs! Please Comment! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 08:41 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe no contest is the same as guilty. The only possible difference is when you say you had to speed to avoid an accident or something like that. This usually results in lesser penalties. Anyhow, you have a solid case, so put not guilty!

Steve
Old 09-09-2003, 07:05 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A plea of NOT Guilty will mailed today.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by stranglin
I believe no contest is the same as guilty. The only possible difference is when you say you had to speed to avoid an accident or something like that. This usually results in lesser penalties. Anyhow, you have a solid case, so put not guilty!

Steve
No contest means you don't admit that you did any wrong, but you can't disprove what the defense has. Usually results in lesser penalties.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:19 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

In NH, There is BIG Print on the back envelope ... Have you enclosed your fine Payment? Have you plead?

All what they want you to do is plea GUILTY or NO Contest and mail the payment.. even they accept VISA!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like you got a case.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

I m sure there will be some kind of legal loophole for popo to do that! he has gun n badge. (well in this case 2 guns)
btw this was best post i've seen in while !! LOL
Old 09-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

All cops have guns, no? what kind of loophole. The cop falsified the speed limit of the zone. It is either deliberate or he is incompetent in what he is doing. Also, He was "Pumped-up", agressive, and rude!

he is a local town police officer!

Originally posted by GoldieAlek
I m sure there will be some kind of legal loophole for popo to do that! he has gun n badge. (well in this case 2 guns)
btw this was best post i've seen in while !! LOL
Old 09-09-2003, 10:37 AM
chronic lurker...

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like he could use a few doughnuts.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Stay or leave

So your saying that he pulled you over in the area between the REDUCE SPEED TO 35 and the actualy SPEED LIMIT 35 sign right. And your claiming that the speed limit in that zone is not actually 35 yet? I'm just clearifying the situation. I would imagine that there is some significance to the reduce speed sign and before you go in there and dispute your case it would be wise to find out exactly what the reduce speed sign entails. I would imagine that the reduce speed sign is going to answer your question about what the cop could ticket you for. So anyways you claim to be doing 61 in a 45 then? That is still a ticket and something tells me they will not care that there was some one behind your car barrelling down your neck. Regardless I wish you luck, last time i got a speeding ticket my senario was like this. First of all i was in a 96 honda accord 4 cyclinder. There was a cop hiding under a bridge with no lights on which i thought was illegal (i thought they had to have parking lights on at least they can not be hiding guess i was wrong). So I got a 65 in a 50. If i really cared i would have gone back to the scene and measured the distance from where i pulled out of my friends development and where he clocked me cause it could not have been more then 1 or 2 tenths of a mile. Now my freakin 4 cyclinder could not get up to those speeds even if i floored it, but somehow i must have had nitrous that night. But whatever sometimes its just worth it to take the stupid course, so you get no points, and then just pay the ticket. Wish you luck however you go about it
Old 09-09-2003, 10:48 AM

Nashua_Night_Hawk

For president. That is awesome, that pig needs to get a REAL LIFE and job. What a lying bastard.

Me and some of the Bimmer guys are gonna be with our cameras at all times cause of all the damn lying they do.

I hope you get off all charges and he is written up.

These bastards are PUBLIC SERVANTS!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Lets go Hoo's!

Originally posted by Reddly9007
So your saying that he pulled you over in the area between the REDUCE SPEED TO 35 and the actualy SPEED LIMIT 35 sign right. And your claiming that the speed limit in that zone is not actually 35 yet? I'm just clearifying the situation. I would imagine that there is some significance to the reduce speed sign and before you go in there and dispute your case it would be wise to find out exactly what the reduce speed sign entails. I would imagine that the reduce speed sign is going to answer your question about what the cop could ticket you for. So anyways you claim to be doing 61 in a 45 then? That is still a ticket and something tells me they will not care that there was some one behind your car barrelling down your neck. Wish you luck however you go about it

I agree, I think that it might not hurt to figure out what the REDUCE SPEED to 35 means before you go to court. I seem to believe that the REDUCE SPEED sign might just mean that you are in the 35 zone, but I don't know. You just don't want the judge to think you are arrogant or anything, and I think that the judge will probably make you pay the 61 in a 45 zone regardless, which would still be a break. Those road signs are always a little shady.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with everything, and I hope that it works out...you definitely deserve a break just for putting in all of that extra effort with the pictures
Old 09-09-2003, 10:55 AM

I know in GA, I think you have 400ft to slow down after you see the sign. By listening to the cop, if your foing 45 and see 35, you damn near need to slam on the brakes. THat is why there should be a law saying how long you have to brake.

Also in GA, a cop cannot be I think 500ft by a speed limit sign. It's entrapment otherwise.

Your camera just got u off dude. Congrats.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Stay or leave

Hopefully they won't make an example out of you and your arguement. Thats why it is very important you know all the legalities of this situation. It could be pretty humilating when they know something you didn't and thats the reason why you got the ticket.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Stay or leave

yea but this is NH, or i'm assuming my your location: Sometimes cops can do whatever they want in certain places, especially state troopers.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Reddly9007
So your saying that he pulled you over in the area between the REDUCE SPEED TO 35 and the actualy SPEED LIMIT 35 sign right. And your claiming that the speed limit in that zone is not actually 35 yet? I'm just clearifying the situation. I would imagine that there is some significance to the reduce speed sign and before you go in there and dispute your case it would be wise to find out exactly what the reduce speed sign entails. I would imagine that the reduce speed sign is going to answer your question about what the cop could ticket you for. So anyways you claim to be doing 61 in a 45 then? That is still a ticket and something tells me they will not care that there was some one behind your car barrelling down your neck
thats kinda of loophole i was talking about

But if you not a lawyer I wouldn’t go to court and show all them photos!
more you talk in front of judge ...deeper you dig your grave!!
any lawyer can tell you that.
In any case good luck!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:13 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Good point. Should I start looking for a good lawyer?:thinking:
i hired Troy McClure...u remember him from such cases as "this officer looks like one of the Vilage People" and "i got run down by the Popo"

seriously, tho, good f'in job...love to see his face in court when the judge throws this out like a piece of scrap paper!!

were u being a bit of a cock too and dancing in front of his gun like u should've???
Old 09-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I guess, I will print the Photo where the cop is standing in front of the 35 MPH speed limit zone on 8.5"x11" and show it to the Prosecuter/judge.

I will keep all other photos as a backup.

I will present my defense. Then, show the evidence Photo.

I have a gut feeling:
1) Fiirst the cop will not show up. (Cause I got photos of something he was doing WRONG.
2) Prosecuter would be Present of course, Either he will drop the charges after he sees the photo or like last time 90 days deferal and if no any new citations the charge would be dropped automaticallly.
3) If I go in front of the Judge I will present my case with the evidence photo. Either the Judge will toss it out or reduce it.

Nashua.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Drifting

An earlier suggestion was to go to the police station first with one of the pictures and ask to see the commander or whoever is the head. He may kill the ticket right there. Only show him one picture..
Old 09-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
An earlier suggestion was to go to the police station first with one of the pictures and ask to see the commander or whoever is the head. He may kill the ticket right there. Only show him one picture..
I mailed my Not Guilty Plea... Can I still do that? What are my chances? Does it hurt?

Nashua.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by Scooter
i hired Troy McClure...u remember him from such cases as "this officer looks like one of the Vilage People" and "i got run down by the Popo"
Haw haw!!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Drifting

I mailed my Not Guilty Plea... Can I still do that? What are my chances? Does it hurt?

Nashua.
I don't see how it could hurt. You're giving them a chance to not be laughed at in court.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Good documentation. Hopefully you can plea out of this with your good documentation.

The only issue I see is (as others have pointed out) you still have the 6x MPH in the 45 zone. If you admit to that (in defense of the 35 MPH zone violation) then you are guilty of that with associated fines, points, etc.

I had a similar situation (about 15 years ago) where I was speeding up to exit a po-dunk town where the speed limits changed from 25 -> 35 -> 45 -> 55 every 100 feet or so. A carefully situated cop waiting in a used car lot in the 45 zone said he clocked me at 45 in the 25 zone (or something like that). During the process I admitted that I may have been speeding to exit the town to the degree of 50 in the 45 zone, but not in the slower zone. The judge outright told me that if admit to 1 MPH over the limit in any zone I would be fined. I talked myself to a 6 MPH over the limit fine which cost about $6 (I'm joking -- it was $15) and vowed never to travel through that town again. I never did.

The lesson of that tale is that admission of any illegal act is still accountable even if the original citation was for something else. I think this is where being a slick-tongued attorney can help. That being said, it doesn't sound like this case warrents an attorney. Show them your evidence and knock them dead!
Old 09-09-2003, 05:16 PM
8th Gear

The way I understand it, Nashua is going to dispute one charge. He will easily win, since the ticket states he did 61 in 35. While he is disputing that, he can't be charged with another crime.

Steve
Old 09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I did not admit speeding in front of officer. He was agitated (angry) Accused me of speeding,I tried to explain that I wanted to pass a car in the left lane because I wanted to turn left on the next light... So how come my intent was to speed if I will be stooping at the next light!!

In addition, when he claimed I was doing 6x in 35 while I was in 45 Zone, there was no more arguing! How can I trust him I was doing 6x?!! As a matter of fact I was looking to my rear view mirror to keep a safe distance to the black Chevey behind me. So, how come I will be speeding if I was looking in the rear mirror?

Nashua
Old 09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I did not admit speeding in front of officer. He was agitated (angry) Accused me of speeding,I tried to explain that I wanted to pass a car in the left lane because I wanted to turn left on the next light... So how come my intent was to speed if I will be stooping at the next light!!

In addition, when he claimed I was doing 6x in 35 while I was in 45 Zone, there was no more arguing! How can I trust him I was doing 6x?!! As a matter of fact I was looking to my rear view mirror to keep a safe distance to the black Chevey behind me. So, how come I will be speeding if I was looking in the rear mirror?

Nashua
Just being devil's (or state's) advocate to your statements: How do you defend yourself for being concerned about traffic behind you? Seems like an ass-backwards argument to me (even if it is accurate). Now you're admitting that you were not watching the road in front of you while travelling forward at a decent speed?

Also the concept of 'trusting' the officer's judgement will only get you so far (in this setting - this ain't no jury trial). The court already accepts that trust that s/he is doing his/her job correctly, it's part of the job. The court will not care if you describe the officer as agitated or angry. Immaterial.

(Once again just pointing things out for arguments' sake) It seems like your are now arguing that it's OK to speed above the limit to overtake or pass traffic.

It seems the only real argument you have is that the officer cited you for speeding in the wrong zone. Hopefully this will create enough of an issue that will compel the judge to end it there. If s/he askes more questions s/he will egg out the fact that you went above the 45 MPH limit in the 45 MPH zone -- then you are at the mercy of the court.

Don't volunteer extra information when you are in court. It can only backfire.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I just re-read your first post (and looked at your pictures ). For some reason I thought that he wrote you for two citations: 1) speeding in a 35 zone and 2) speeding in a 45 zone. Now (since I read more carefully ) I see that you only have the 35 citation.

State the facts, show your pictures, DON'T VOLUNTEER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, and you should be cool .
Old 09-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Slimey,

It was very informative! I really appreciated. This kind of discussion is very helpful.

Thanks!

Nashua.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Slimey,

It was very informative! I really appreciated. This kind of discussion is very helpful.

Thanks!

Nashua.
You're welcome...

As I was reading the 'checking the rear-view mirror' argument I was thinking that I do that a lot too (don't we all?). You are supposed to have total 360º situational awareness when you drive (if you are a good driver!)...but as I was reading it I was thinking how that can backfire when stateing it to a judge. 'Oh, so Mr. Nighthawk, you were NOT keeping your eye on the road?'...

Anyway, you have a lot of time to think this out and come up with a logical and failsafe argument. Hopefully the pics clinch it.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
What kind of a Chevy was it?

While you're at it, take pictures of your car and the same model Chevy from 1/2-mile away, then ask the cop which one is which in court. If he hesitates for one second, then the case would be tossed.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
What kind of a Chevy was it?

While you're at it, take pictures of your car and the same model Chevy from 1/2-mile away, then ask the cop which one is which in court. If he hesitates for one second, then the case would be tossed.
Cool idea, I need to find a one look like that beater... park my CLS next to it...walk 1/2 mile away and snap some pictures!

Also, look at the first picture, you can barely see the cop and his bike at the left, from that distance you can barely distinguish what kind of black car you are shooting in the laser gun.

BTW, did I say the cop spelled: "Acura"... As "Acoura"!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Old timer

What a pig. Go get him nashua.

just make sure you have someone spell checkyour defense for you.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:47 AM
///M POWER

nice work nashua
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Banned

man, should always keep the V1 on
Old 09-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

ST2000,

...exactly true.

V1 is already Hardwires anyways, I need only to slide it in/out... that is it!

It is the first citation in 4 yrs, not bad!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Is fast or not

In order to safely pass or maintain course, speeding is legal in California. I forgot what law is that I found in my local liberary. The key is safe. And the goal is accident avoidence. I used it as my defense and won. But it may not be true in your state, check your liberary. By the way, in order to approve, it's safe. I used wheather condition, traffic, and road condition which was stated on my ticket.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by Silver TypeS
In order to safely pass or maintain course, speeding is legal in California. I forgot what law is that I found in my local liberary. The key is safe. And the goal is accident avoidence. I used it as my defense and won. But it may not be true in your state, check your liberary. By the way, in order to approve, it's safe. I used wheather condition, traffic, and road condition which was stated on my ticket.
California's basic speed law is useful for the appropriate situation, and although technically does not allow for 'speeding' it does give some autonomy to the driver to make a decision to adjust speed for a specific issue.

It won't allow you to do 85 on I-5 just because everyone else is and that seems to be safe.

I still think it's a bit ass-backwards to say you were speeding because the car behind you was driving on your bumper. I think it's more important to focus on the officer's mistakes then (potentially) the driver's.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:46 PM

Troy McClure is an animal!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Nashua, what ever happened with this case? I know it happened almost a year ago.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Back from teh :smitty:
Old 08-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Banned

Yea most states is if you dont have a ticket in 2yrs and a good driving record u just pay the court costs and no points, nothing. My advice is get a lawyer and to get you started here is one for you to call in your town.

http://www.bowserlaw.com/home.html

WTF lol its a old Post, hey aleast i was willing to help

Quick Reply: First ticket in 4 yrs! Please Comment! (Pics)