Extended warrenty voided because of intake, exhaust, rims.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Starving CLS Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warrenty voided because of intake, exhaust, rims.

I dont believe this. Just something i found out there. just wanted to let you all know.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=653735
Old 10-23-2003, 08:05 PM
A-CL Member

I think your photo link is dead
Old 10-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Racer

[threadjack]

Originally posted by Daniel M CL/TL
I think your photo link is dead

http://www.acurainspired.com/old_gal...umName=albun07

[/threadjack]
Old 10-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Starving CLS Driver

Yeah i know. that site is going through some changes and as of right now, i really do not know how to fix the problem.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:00 PM
-S namyaC-

They can't void it without proving that the mods caused the problem. I seriously doubt the intake/exhaust makes enough power to damage the transmission. MM Act right here....
Old 10-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Racer

do you remember the part number on your tips?
Old 10-26-2003, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

For u lazy ppl who don't like clicking:

Well this little event has taught me a very important lesson, DO NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!.
About three months ago my car was having trouble shifting into second gear and the gears just felt sloppy when I did get them to shift correctly. When I would put it into second gear it would sometimes pop back out or hesitate to go in. My car had about a little over 50K miles on the odometer so Acura's basic warrenty covered all the labor and parts needed to replace the problem.

Before I had dropped the car off I had found a few Acura service bulletins regarding the syncors in the 2002 Acura RSX's from vin # 000001-0033615 that were affected and shoud be replaced right away and if not replaced could cause other damage. When I mentioned this problems to the acura tech he told me that it could not be the syncros and not to worry about it, he told me that the syncros would take a long time to replace and that he just needed to tighten up some stuff in the gear box. Well 3 days later I got my car back and the 1-->2 gear shift were now gone and easy to shift, but now 5-->6 were hesitant and even reverse was having problems going in. I thought that it was just me and I needed to get used to the tighter gears all over again. Well over time the shift from fifth to sixth was getting worse and now reverse was as stubburn as a mule. I finally decided to take my car back into the dealership to have the problem checked out.

Well they have had it since wednesday (10-15-03) and on thursday they called me and informed me that the problem was the syncros ( big suprise) and that they would need my ok to have them tear down the tranny to see if the syncros affected any other part of the tranny. Well I gave them the ok, and they told me that just incase Acura care does not cover the claim, that I would have to pay for the tear down. Well since my car has always been covered and I have had no problems from acura I gave them the ok, figure as I found the acura service bulletin regarding the syncros and new that they should be covered.

Well I get a call on friday around 4:30pm that an Acura care tech came and reviewed my car and denied my claim. He said my extended warranty through Acura Care would be canceled and I would be refunded my money in which I paid for it. He then went on to explain that the tech canceled my warrenty due to my SRI intake, exhaust, rims ( which are OEM Honda), suspension, and even my tires.
He said that my intake and exhaust were creating to much hp and that was how my tranny messed up, completely ignoring the fact that the syncros were on the Acura service bulletin as a recall item and should be replaced if the vin number fell between the stateed ones.

Well the Acura techs at my local acura dealership love my car and are at the moment trying to lobby in favor of me. Since I am above 50k miles, my basic acura warrenty which is covered by the dealership can not cover the parts. Once I hit above 50k miles Acura care takes over my warranty. Well so far I am being screwed. My first claim was denied, and at the moment my local acura dealership is trying to get in contact with the district manager of acura care and have him cover me.
Well this is what I'm looking at so far if this does not go in my favor:

Tear down and removal of tranny = $440.00

If I want the tranny put back together again and
reinstalled again ( not fixed)= $1300.00 + tax

Complete new tranny installed =$4800.00 + tax

So at the moment I am looking for a DC5R complete tranny. I have found these going for around 1300.oo. So my only advice guys is that you do not ever get Acura Care extended warrenty. They voided my warranty because of my "aftermarket" tires which created a softer compound as well. Oh well guys today I find out the results of weather or not they cover me or screw me.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:48 PM
-S namyaC-

Dood...it doesn't sound like they proved anything. Bitch at them about it. MM Act...

Besides...the damn cai/exhaust doesn't make that much hp idiot acura peeps...no wonder nissan is kicking their tail now...