Exhausts for the CL type S

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhausts for the CL type S

Hey everyone! I'm new to this board, ie this is my first post, and I have been looking at all the exhausts offered for the Cl type S and I haven't really been impressed.

The first thing I noticed was that, reportedly, the exhausts for the Cl type S don't really make any power. 3 hp? I understand that just an exhaust won't give you 50 more hp on a non turbo car, but is that it?

More importantly, I wasn't really satisfied with the look of any of the exhausts available that I saw. The Hks and Comtech are both kinda plain looking and the mugen just doesn't look good.

Is there anyone else out there that makes a high quality exhaust that looks different, a bit classier?
Old 10-28-2001, 12:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i think folgers and maxwell-house make some fine exhausts. j/k

i think the reason an aftermarket adds so little is because the exhaust is already pretty free-flowing.

most people are upgrading if they really feel the need to squeeze out that extra 1-3hp, or because they want a change in sound.

isn't it possible to get an aftermarket exhaust and get a different aftermarket tip?
Old 10-28-2001, 12:56 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The exhaust would be the LAST thing I'd change on the CLS. But I'm changing themc ause after my accident I made up the diff for the OEM ones and bought the Dragers.

I'm not exactly sure if we can fit tips on our OEM exhausts simply because out tips are oval in nature. I've seen EDUB-TL's tips and they look pretty cool. Liek I siad, I'm nto entirely sure if there are tips for our odd oval tips.