emanage and hondata

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Never had a clean run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emanage and hondata

I have a couple guys here in Hawaii telling me that there are shops here that can tune my car to the T with their experience? Everything I've read on the forums have indicated that tuning our cars with piggybacks are nothing but a huge pain in the ass. I want to do it since my car has been running lean and powerful for a while now but then now is all of a sudden running really rich and has a huge loss of power. My fuel pressure has also been dropping drastically since the 3.5L conversion. Even after my higher flow fuel pump.

Think it's worth a dally, or do you think it will just end up like the other countless failed piggyback attempts?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e-manage ultimate should work and you might be able to squeeze more than a few ponies out since you're 3.5. the most I've heard of with an NA tune is 3-6 hp. 3.5 maybe 5-10 I'm thinking. The curve is near perfect but there are some spots where you can tweak it. Hondata I don't think will work. I read somewhere that our ecu changes any strange signal going into it back to the original factory default map, but the signals heading out of the ecu can be changed. Piggybacks in general I don't think will work you probably need stand alone engine management. Don't quote me on this though... I'll probably have some old CL vets pick apart my statements.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
With all the info running through here...I've never heard/seen hondata for our ECUs

CLsuperhero said it best
I read somewhere that our ecu changes any strange signal going into it back to the original factory default map, but the signals heading out of the ecu can be changed.
You have UniChip...but try emanage. Vets say it's easier to tune.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Emanage is what CLinton (ForeverFloridaBoy) is using with his supercharger hopesystems intercooler on his cls....he just has a basic fuel map up on it because we cant find anyone within driving distance that can tune Emanage around here....nobody messes with it and the one shop we found never returned our phone call...thats the only one ive heard of working....Clinton put down 345 at 9lbs untuned so if he could find a tuner im sure it will be better than that....
Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 AM
2nd Gear

I just got my 2k1 CL-S this last week and was wondering if I had the only one on the island.

Did you guys get any of your parts locally and if so where should I go. Looking for a CAI at a decent price without having to order one and ship it.

Mine is black with 18s. Got it at 54k for 9 grand. Waiting for something bad to happen cause Im still not believing the deal I got.

The upside is I just went through my first tank and I got 360 miles off it before the gas light came on. I even drove it over the H3 a couple times and from Mililiani to Yokes to Kahuku and back to Mililani the other day. Pretty stoked the 45 bucks I put in the tank went that far!!

Lemme know where the reputable mechanics are that you guys use are so I know where to take "Vicki" when she needs something done.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PDGCLS01
Emanage is what CLinton (ForeverFloridaBoy) is using with his supercharger hopesystems intercooler on his cls....he just has a basic fuel map up on it because we cant find anyone within driving distance that can tune Emanage around here....nobody messes with it and the one shop we found never returned our phone call...thats the only one ive heard of working....Clinton put down 345 at 9lbs untuned so if he could find a tuner im sure it will be better than that....

The best person I know to tune emanage is http://www.Lujanmotorsports.com his name is Pablo. They are in Miami, might be worth the trip within state to get a good map.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
e-manage can't advance timing so it's pretty worthless on the N/A motor. It won't do anything that a simple air/fuel programmer like the VAFC can do.

The advantage of the e-manage is the ability to pull timing and control pulse width on a FI set-up. That an data logging. Which again, on a N/A car is virtually worthless.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Never had a clean run

No, I ordered all my parts and had different shops do the installs. I tried Eurosports, Vakamon, Wicked Machine Racing and now Sonic Motorsports. So far I'd have to say WMR has been the most knowledgable and better customer service. The sonic people were cool but I have yet to see what they can do.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of CL-Ss on the island. Most aren't that modified though. Just slammed with rims if anything. There are a lot of 1st gens that are heavily modded.

Enjoy your car man, it's fun to drive on the island.

Originally Posted by munoz
I just got my 2k1 CL-S this last week and was wondering if I had the only one on the island.

Did you guys get any of your parts locally and if so where should I go. Looking for a CAI at a decent price without having to order one and ship it.

Mine is black with 18s. Got it at 54k for 9 grand. Waiting for something bad to happen cause Im still not believing the deal I got.

The upside is I just went through my first tank and I got 360 miles off it before the gas light came on. I even drove it over the H3 a couple times and from Mililiani to Yokes to Kahuku and back to Mililani the other day. Pretty stoked the 45 bucks I put in the tank went that far!!

Lemme know where the reputable mechanics are that you guys use are so I know where to take "Vicki" when she needs something done.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Never had a clean run

Alright, guess I'll just have to find out what the hell is wrong with my car. I'll find out monday when it hits the dyno in the shop. I'll keep you guys posted.

Originally Posted by mrsteve
e-manage can't advance timing so it's pretty worthless on the N/A motor. It won't do anything that a simple air/fuel programmer like the VAFC can do.

The advantage of the e-manage is the ability to pull timing and control pulse width on a FI set-up. That an data logging. Which again, on a N/A car is virtually worthless.