Easy to install Comptech Sways and Neuspeed Strut bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Easy to install Comptech Sways and Neuspeed Strut bars?

Ok, the big 26 is coming up for me in a few days, and I'm thinking about getting some sways and a strut bar with the generous money donations that should be made to me...

I'm 99.99% sure the strut bar should be a ten minute job. It CAN't be hard.

But then there's the sway install. I did the CAI install myself, along with my Dad, so I'm guessing we could handle this??? He's got all the tools I'd imagine we'd need, with the exception of a torque wrench. I could pick one of those up, but do I need a special kind of torque wrench, or would one that you use to tighten wheel lugs work?

What about all these noises I people hear from the sways? Is that a "lube" issue? Do the sways come with some goo, or is it tape that is used? Or am I better off finding something at a local auto store to grease these badboys up with?

Comments, please!!!

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There should be no problem except the end link, which are a pain in the ass. Also, sways come with teflon tape.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Drifting

I've created a DIY guide...see if this helps...there are some mistakes at the moment and I'm correcting it...http://www.bui4ever.com/projects_swayinstall.htm
Old 03-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Administrator Alumnus

That is a really nice DIY... If it's not already, it needs to go into the FAQ section here.

Do you recommend the Neuspeeds over the Comptechs?
Old 03-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Scrib
That is a really nice DIY... If it's not already, it needs to go into the FAQ section here.

Depends on what you want. I personally have the CTs and they are fine for me, AztecRol has the Neuspeed an we hit it good...GAWD DAMN THOSE NEUSPEEDS ARE TIGHT! Thanks for the compliments
Old 03-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro

I had Comptech front/back, and I swapped the front out for a Neuspeed. Damn! What a difference! Neuspeed weighs 2x the Comptech, and makes her handle like on rails. Really tightens up the front end.

I found the Comptech marginally OK with our '01 auto, but blew in the HLSD 6speed. That was the reason I swapped it for the Neuspeed. I can take corners 15 MPH faster with the Neuspeed versus the Comptech front. With the HLSD, turning the wheel and flooring it caused major power on oversteer, which caused some nasty body roll.

Of course, the Comptech rear is 22mm, and Neuspeed only offers a 19mm..... (and you can't buy Comptech's separately) Eibach is supposed to be coming out with a 22mm rear as well.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Has been sold for a while

I'm ordering sways soon. Does Dean have the best price?????????
Old 03-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Wires
Of course, the Comptech rear is 22mm, and Neuspeed only offers a 19mm..... (and you can't buy Comptech's separately) Eibach is supposed to be coming out with a 22mm rear as well.
Neuspeed has a 25mm rear...it's the race one.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:33 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
I'm ordering sways soon. Does Dean have the best price?????????
On Comptech's, he will be VERY hard to beat!!!

On Neuspeeds, I have a few websites bookmarked.

PM me if you need the Neuspeed websites.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:42 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by Wires
I had Comptech front/back, and I swapped the front out for a Neuspeed. Damn! What a difference! Neuspeed weighs 2x the Comptech, and makes her handle like on rails. Really tightens up the front end.

I found the Comptech marginally OK with our '01 auto, but blew in the HLSD 6speed. That was the reason I swapped it for the Neuspeed. I can take corners 15 MPH faster with the Neuspeed versus the Comptech front. With the HLSD, turning the wheel and flooring it caused major power on oversteer, which caused some nasty body roll.

Sounds like you have the Neuspeed Front Sway and the Comptech Rear Sway. Very interesting combanation!!! I have the Neuspeed Race Only Rear Sway. It is 25mm!!!! It is solid as well. I like the combo you did, not quite as aggressive as mine, too bad Comptech doesnt sell their sways seperate!!! I think the way you did it would make a lot of the peeps on the site really happy!!!

As far as Eibach, I am not sure what their problem is!! They have been designing and engineering the sways for our car for almost two years now, and still nothing!!! Their rear sway is supposed to be 23mm. It took them forever to come out with their upper strut bar, so who knows???

I am REALLY happy with the Neuspeed set up I went with, I wanted the best handling I could get out of my car. I think I have it. Freeway onramps and offramps have NEVER been this fun!!!

Old 03-11-2003, 03:46 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Re: Easy to install Comptech Sways and Neuspeed Strut bars?

Ok, the big 26 is coming up for me in a few days, and I'm thinking about getting some sways and a strut bar with the generous money donations that should be made to me...

I'm 99.99% sure the strut bar should be a ten minute job. It CAN't be hard.

But then there's the sway install. I did the CAI install myself, along with my Dad, so I'm guessing we could handle this??? He's got all the tools I'd imagine we'd need, with the exception of a torque wrench. I could pick one of those up, but do I need a special kind of torque wrench, or would one that you use to tighten wheel lugs work?

What about all these noises I people hear from the sways? Is that a "lube" issue? Do the sways come with some goo, or is it tape that is used? Or am I better off finding something at a local auto store to grease these badboys up with?

Comments, please!!!

Thanks!
You can do it!! Just follow the DIY that peiqinglong wrote up!! The sways will be easy for you.

The front upper strut is even easier!!! Won't take you long at all!!! Go over to www.accordv6.com There are guys over there selling their Neuspeed Upper Strut Bars all the time. I have seen both polished and black in the last week!!! One of the Sacto guys has one for sale too!! He just traded in his CL-S!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the best place to purchase the parts www.autocarparts.com ? ? ?
Old 03-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, according to autocarparts.com the comptech is 27mm for the front and 22 mm for the rear. Is that correct ?
Old 03-11-2003, 12:56 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by NJ_CLS_driver
Also, according to autocarparts.com the comptech is 27mm for the front and 22 mm for the rear. Is that correct ?
Yes, that is correct.

Try this link over in black market http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=73636

PM Dean or leave a post in there, he checks it regularly and I am
pretty sure he is cheaper than ACP!!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:16 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

^ BUMP ^

Old 03-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Yeah, I gotta figure out if I'm gonna buy a grill or some sways/strut bar. Wife wants the grill so I can cook for her.