Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Collective27
The thing is ugly as sin.

Look whos talkin!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by mrdeeno
the accord and the CL are NOT the same thing, basically.

that is like saying the MDX is the same as an Odysey, basically...so can MDX owners knock the Odysey if they want?

or an RX300 and camry is the same thing, basically...so can RX300 buyers knock the camry if they want?

or clk and c-class is the same thing, basically...so can clk buyers knock the c-class (especially the c-coupe) if they want?

or a TT and beetle is the same thing, basically..so can TT buyers knock the beetle if they want?

on the other hand, an i35 and a maxima IS the same thing, basically because it's just a different badge and SOME sheetmetal.
everything that is internal and counts is the same. The only thing I35 buyers can knock is the styling of the maxima.

and i'm sure the current CL is more different from the NEW accord than the previous generation accord, so the CL owners can knock accords as much as they want, and the other way around too.
You are comparing SUS's with sedans man. First of all they are different in engine and size and looks. How could you compare RX300 to a Camry? That just doesn't make sense because they have nothing in common, except that they are both made from Toyota. You must face the fact that you paid more for your CL than people with accord. Therefore some things in your CL is better. I am not saying that it is exactly the same car. I am just saying that it is based of the same platform (same design). That is why we get basically the same design mods.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by 6BaNgeR
You are comparing SUS's with sedans man. First of all they are different in engine and size and looks. How could you compare RX300 to a Camry? That just doesn't make sense because they have nothing in common, except that they are both made from Toyota. You must face the fact that you paid more for your CL than people with accord. Therefore some things in your CL is better. I am not saying that it is exactly the same car. I am just saying that it is based of the same platform (same design). That is why we get basically the same design mods.
you must not know too much about automobiles.

You are comparing SUS's with sedans man. First of all they are different in engine and size and looks. How could you compare RX300 to a Camry? That just doesn't make sense because they have nothing in common, except that they are both made from Toyota.

the rx300 and camry share a 3L v6 engine (and tranny?). Both even have the sludge problem! the rx300 is built from the camry platform. They have more in common than you obviously know about. The engine is tuned differently but they are the SAME engine.

the mdx is built off the odysey platform and also share an engine and transmission, and are also tuned differently.

the audi TT and vw golf/beetle are built off the same platform and some of the engines are shared.

what engine does the cl share with the accord (current or previous)? Yes, they are the same family, but they are not the same engine...one is 3.2L and the other is 3.0. The HEART of the cl-s and accord are even more different than the camry and RX300!

so my point is that cars built off the same platform are not necessarily the same.

the moral of this post:

Know what you are talking about before you tell someone to face the facts.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Intermediate

Sorry man, i have no interests in any of those cars. Therefore, i thought the engine of it was different because i did not look up the spec and memorized it like you did. However, i can learn the knowledge you just told me by simply looking through the web. So i guess you must know way more about tuning than i do (even though i have my ASE certified). Sorry, if i don't go around the web like you looking at all the spec. on cars and then go correcting people about how much hp and liter each cars has (must be something very hard to learn?). We were talking about CL and accord, so why are you bringing Audi and Toyota into the picture? Your probably jealous that they will no longer be making the CL and the new accord just came out, which might be able to smoke your cl-s. I never said the CL-S or any other CLs out there is bad, and as in matter of fact, i like the CL-S a lot. All i am trying to say is that you paid more for your CL-S, so your car should have some better things than the accord from the factory. That does not mean that the CL-S is way different than the accord. So give the accord some respect and don't hate. If you don't have any respect for accords out there, then maybe you should come down to searspoint, CA and race with my accord for fun. I'll show you what my cheap accord can do.

Also, i wasn't telling you to face the facts. I was just telling you to chill out and stop trying to be a smart ass.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:45 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,917 Likes on 2,617 Posts
Originally posted by mrdeeno
you must not know too much about automobiles.

the rx300 and camry share a 3L v6 engine (and tranny?). Both even have the sludge problem! the rx300 is built from the camry platform. They have more in common than you obviously know about. The engine is tuned differently but they are the SAME engine.

the mdx is built off the odysey platform and also share an engine and transmission, and are also tuned differently.

what engine does the cl share with the accord (current or previous)? Yes, they are the same family, but they are not the same engine...one is 3.2L and the other is 3.0. The HEART of the cl-s and accord are even more different than the camry and RX300!

so my point is that cars built off the same platform are not necessarily the same.

the moral of this post:

Know what you are talking about before you tell someone to face the facts.
1) if you know so much then yes you know that the mdx AND the pilot are built on the odyessy platform. But mr. smart guy the odyessy was BASED on the accord platform.

2) the es300 is the kissing cousin to the camry sharing the same engine tranny and underpinnings while the rx300 is BASED on the camry. sharing components yes, but still based on, not built on.

Also, Toyota/Lexus takes the measures to make sure their two lines are totally seperate from one another (affordable and total luxury.) Where as Honda/Acura really only has a fine line between the two. (affordable and entry level affordable luxury.)

3) get over it! the accord and the cl are practically the same. the engines are in the same family (the 3.2 is just better version of the 6th generation 3.0),) it shares the same suspension and same tranny minus SS and some light mods.

There are tons and tons more that can be listed as built on and based on but who cares.

The fact remains that the accord and cl ARE BOTH GOOD cars and what it comes down to is which one youd prefer to own. Id take either one, the new 6spd accord wins out right now.

Can we get over the stupid hate factor, thats not why this thread was started.

and in the future mr.deeno take your own advice know what you are talking about. You were close, but close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
you guys totally lost my point.

My point is refuting a post that stated that the CL and accord are the same car.

That is why I presented the TT/golf, MDX/Odysey, Camry/rx300, to defend that the CL/Accord is also NOT the same car.

6Banger, you posted that the RX300 and Camry have nothing in common except being made by Toyota. I proved that they have more in common than you know. You may be ASE certified, but I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, does that mean that I know more about cars than you? F*ck no, the reason I may know more is because I research and read about cars as a hobby. And as for being jealous about the new accord? Maybe for the voice Navi, but that's it. Otherwise I'm not jealous, because it did not meet my needs which were that it was available 3 years ago. And don't put words in my mouth. Show me where I disrespected the accord? I just said the Accord and CL are different cars.

sarlacc23:
You missed my point also. I guess I can throw in the MDX/Odeysey/Pilot/accord/CL/TL into the mix and it still supports my point. So your 1) statement just supports my argument that just because the CL is built on an accord platform does not mean it is the same car.

So please tell me where I don't know what I am talking about? The facts that you supply me also support my reasoning that the accord and CL are NOT the same car. They may be alike in a lot of respects, but so are the MDX/Odeysey, Camry/ES/RX, CLK/C-class, etc. etc. etc, and none of them are considered the same car, and some of them even share more major components with each other (exact same engine/tranny/etc.).

You are still maintaining that they are the same car, yet you have not given any reasons to support your conclusion. I have.

And why is everyone saying I am hating? Where in any of my posts did I put down the accord? Read my long post again that first brought up the RX300/Camry, etc. etc. And then read the last part:

...so the CL owners can knock accords as much as they want, and the other way around too.

Some of you guys need to learn to lighten up a little.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 AM
whoXwanXsum

Originally posted by SwankCLS
I went to look at Accord Coupes as I'm still looking for a car to replace my CL-S. The pictures on the net looked OK, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The dealership had about 30 of them parked close together in the lot so I had a good look at them to say the least.

My gut feeling was

Then it turned to as I wanted to the designers that created this butt-ugly car. The 6th gen looks so much better it is a shame. I did not even ask for a test drive since I knew I would never buy this car. I don't give a rat's ass how fast the thing is. Speed is not everything. If the car makes me park two blocks away from a bar because I don't want people seeing what I drive, I ain't getting it. I know some folks like the new look, so maybe it appeals to the younger generation. (I'm 30)

Maybe Honda was trying to compete with the new Maxima on all levels (power and Ugly looks)?

i agree 110%