Do I got Skills or what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004 | 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Well first things first.... I have an automotive detail business so I have cleaners that will strip anything off of Stainless Steel...

If I had to use Store bought stuff:

Bug and Tar remover
Mother's chrome polish or Eagle one aluminum polish
A dremel (works wonders on the welds and tight areas) with polishing bits... the light colored red ones work well..
400, 600, 800 & 1500 grit wet-sand paper
an Orbit buffer
Bom's away polish
Lots of old socks & plenty of time.... Mind you... I am a professional... .......... took me about 5 hours total from start to finish.... and I mounted them on the B-pipe with all new stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers..
Old 05-11-2004 | 02:30 PM
Pro

good job carl you can dteail my car for me this summer i need it especially the comptech mufflers
Old 05-11-2004 | 02:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Jonesi
A) look at the hangers and very back of the pipes
B) Inside of the pipes
C) Haze

I remind you that these were partially cleaned once.. This is the final go over.. Perfection comes into play here..
Thanks Jonesi,

wow.. the left one is shiny.. nice job Smitty!!!!
Old 05-21-2004 | 08:51 AM
I now drive an accord....

Just ordered a package of "the bom" and "boms away" and messed around with it on my bike last night. All I can say is WOW. This stuff took off most of the discoloration and pitting off the pipes with minimal effort. After I read this reveiw and then my freind with a harley showed me where he used it on his bike I had to order some. I thought it was alittle expensive but after doing almost a full side of my bike I noticed that the bottle still looked full, so this stuff will last forever.
Old 05-21-2004 | 08:55 AM
Suzuka Master

yeah, shake it up well since the gritty part of the formula is what works well on the tough areas.

Speaking of which I need to order some more.

i will make a thread for the detailing section as soon as I tackle the large project of polishing my Supercharger.