Do any of the banks or FCU offer balloon lease?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do any of the banks or FCU offer balloon lease?

I was at the dealers yesterday, checking out a G35c, the car is awesome, except no room in the back...Anyway I asked them about the balloon lease program they've got going, the dealer gave me a residual value at 57% and an interest rate at 7.8...
The interest rate seems to be kinda high, even on balloon, so I want to see if I can get this lease outside of Infiniti.....
Old 02-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Homeless

Chase Manhattan has a ballon buy & a similar lease program. I've done 2 Maxima's under their ballon buy program,,,good payment & good residual value (55>60%). The higher the residual, the better you are payment-wise because your buying less of the car. As far as percentage ,,,unfortunately, that's about as good as it gets. These types of programs are considered a "luxury", etc & don't normally offer a low rate. The manufacturer usually* has the best rates on their own lease programs. ***As I do this for a living...try your best not to do either program for more than 48 months...you'll get hosed on trade in!!! (Or put a shiit load down if you think you're going to keep it for many years)
Old 02-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Racer

Thanx Chris...
The only reason I want to do balloon is dont want to pay property tax every year with a close end lease, but somebody told me yesterday that this tax has been discountinued...
Do you know if thats true?

I dont plan on leasing the car for more than 4 years, b/c the warranty expires then, and I dont plan on keeping the car after four years...So what do you think will be the optimal type of lease for me?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Homeless

Usually a lease is a bit more restrictive with mileage, etc & has a higher interest rate. The balloon-buy(also called a 'Smart-Buy', etc) is a good deal rate-wise, but they sometimes lower the residual value to compensate (you end up buying more of the car). But...you may get less restrictions with the balloon-buy. Bottom line,,, have the dealer run figures for both,,, get the rates & 'Total Finance Charge" for both. The more info you have, the better deal you'll get yourself. Don't be pressured into signing something before you get all the facts & can think it over. These deals are a bit more complicated than a straight buy & it's good to take some time & look at the numbers. I would check out the manufacturers website for finance estimates before you even step one foot in a dealership. *** Remember, a low payment isn't always the best deal. Good Luck!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Homeless

I'm not sure about the property tax, but you always pay a use tax for a lease. I do not think a balloon-buy has this tax.

Usually it's only a few bucks a month, my CLS is leased...$7 a month use tax.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Racer

Last question Chris:
How hard is it to get out of the close end early? I know on the baloon it's just making the payoff and thats it, no early termination fees or other restrictions....
And is the tax paid on the complete price of the car or the portion
of which one is leasing?
What do you think of this site?
http://www.leasecompare.com/

Thanx again for all your help.....