Discontinung cl for a joke like the tsx

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discontinung cl for a joke like the tsx

I just looked at the latest motor trend magazine and just laughed at the article on the tsx. Damm for a acura that car is slow, ugly, and is not a luxury car. I mean for 29000 dollars the car is not even better than a accord, camry, mazda6, altima, or passat. How could these car be even compared to a bmw or mercedes is laughable.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Racer

well some ppl keep saying how tsx good this and that...and should go testdrive. my neighbor(old fat lady) just bought a silver tsx...check the car out. uhh i dunno... i really don't like tsx!! After having CL(my 1st car), I guess I will only get honda and never ever buy ACURA again if i need a car !!!

btw, u r a chinese right?? hehe andylau hahaha
Old 06-03-2003, 03:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=104891

who said they discontinued the cl for the tsx? tsx is a sedan, cl is a coupe. your arguement is ignorant.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Instructor

1st. When I went to the Acura dealer to buy my CL-S, I took a test drive in the TSX after test-driving the CL. The CL was more solid then the TSX. The TSX's steering wheel felt light and I did not think the suspension was very tight. It also has no ball, when u open it up there is no feeling of your head being pulled back or anything like that. This car would have been ok if it had a six cylinder in it but after driving it back to back with the CL-S, the CL is clearly the better car.

2nd. Although Acura did not officially say that the CL was canceled for the TSX is make since to think this. With the introduction of the TSX Acura had to many models. The RL, TL, which sells, the CL, the MDX, the RSX that also sells allot the MDX and the NSX. Now they put the TSX into the line up witch, in my mind is similar to the RSX. The moment I saw the TSX I became confused because I felt it did not really have a place in Acura lineup. So it was obvious Acura was going to drop a car, and what one do you think they would have dropped. The RL is their flagship, the NSX is their exotic, the MDX is their truck, and The TL's and RSX's are selling like hot cakes. All that is left is the over looked CL.

So I think it is a valid opinion to think that the TSX is party responsible for the cancellation of the CL.

Id also like to point out that Acura now only has one affordable car with the V6, the TL. The RL has a six but it is a big expensive luxury car, and the NSX has a six but way to much money for me. I hope that Acura makes a coupe out of the new TL.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

the TSX will outhandle the CL though. regardless of its lack of power currently, it handles great and the build quality is awesome. along with that the brakes are pretty good but not great. in the twisties the TSX will beat the CL-S but obviously the 60HP deficit wont help it in the speed

but thats until the Type S or the Type R comes over, whichever one they are, not sure. but the Type R brings with it 240HP and i belive 260lb-ft torque... dont quote me but i remember the torque being higher than the HP

im sure by then some wont mind it as much
Old 06-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Yeah the wieght can be a problem for the CL-S but i just like 2 door V6s. I was really turned off by the 4 cylinder TSX. Im a V6 guy.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

You know what? The TSX might actually be a joke...a joke that will have Acura laughing all the way to the bank and TSX owners laughing at the enjoyment they get out of their car. This is a good car. I would say it's slightly better than the dated CL. Sure it's giving up 25hp to the CL (remember, we're talking about a premium TSX at 200hp vs the premium CL at 225hp).

But obviously, THIS CAR ISN'T FOR EVERYONE. A 5series owner isn't going to want a 3series...an A6 owner isn't going to want an A4...so why would a TL/CL owner want a TSX? If you're in that boat then quit moaning and get over it. This car will sell regardless of your disappointment.

And no, the TSX is not a replacement for the CL. I think the fact that Acura is coming out with a new model just as they are canceling a poor selling model in a different class has nothing to do with each other.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by philgates
I was really turned off by the 4 cylinder TSX. Im a V6 guy.
Overcompensating for something?

j/k
Old 06-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obviously you have not looked at the C&D article. They had almost nothing but huge praises for the TSX. Have gone and looked at them and they are nice, especially with the spoiler kit. Interior is much nicer than the CL and no need to even discuss the navigation system. Acura Fan is right, this thing will easily sell the 15k they are trying to. Can't wait for the s version then it is bye bye CL hello tsx
Old 06-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Grammar Police

Originally posted by philgates

2nd. Although Acura did not officially say that the CL was canceled for the TSX is make since to think this.
What the FUCK did you just say
Old 06-03-2003, 02:42 PM
I love my G sedan

TSX seems ugly to you, but it seems very very good to me. Joke or not, I am sure Acura could sell way more TSX than the current CL, Americans just love four door sedan. Also, it is not supposed to be a pure luxury car, since a real luxury car should cost $40k up. For $28.5k, I think it has a lot of options, at least more than I need. I still think sunroof is a waste to me, also cruise control.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Yea, because it's a family sedan...
Old 06-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Connected

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I test drove both last month prior to buying my CL, and in the end, I obviously chose the CL-S. Why?

The dealer let me take both cars on a test drive, alone. I took them to an huge empty parking lot, and drove the piss out of them.

While the interior of the TSX was amazing, everything else on that car was lacking. It was "zippy", but I wanted a fast car. It was roomier, but I wanted a coupe. The exterior was better IMO, only because I like the current, angular looking trend that new cars seem to be following.

It was a cool car, but did not fit my personal taste of fulfill my big-engine desires.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally posted by VTECPOWER
well some ppl keep saying how tsx good this and that...and should go testdrive. my neighbor(old fat lady) just bought a silver tsx...check the car out. uhh i dunno... i really don't like tsx!! After having CL(my 1st car), I guess I will only get honda and never ever buy ACURA again if i need a car !!!

btw, u r a chinese right?? hehe andylau hahaha

anyone have FOB V 2.0 translations?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:25 PM
CL 6 speeder

Sorry $29,000 for a four cylinder (with no turbo) does not do it.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Racer

I drove the TSX it is an over priced car for losers who want a nice interior and good gas mileage and probably take it in the ass. I wouldn't buy that piece of shit unless I was a 16year old CHICK.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by skinsfan202
I drove the TSX it is an over priced car for losers who want a nice interior and good gas mileage and probably take it in the ass. I wouldn't buy that piece of shit unless I was a 16year old CHICK.
Wow ... you have substantial issues. :flamer:
Old 06-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Racer

Get back to your own forum proWRENCH. This isn't a site for tools like you. Now go back where you belong. Your car is slow and there is nothng cool about it. I am so sorry that you drive a car made for chicks who are in high school. Next time step your game up and get a car with some balls.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Senior Moderator

can you feel the love in the room tonight...
Old 06-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Racer

I have a lot of love for everyone who owns or ever owned a CL on this forum.
But I've got beef with proWrench and the ClubTSX boys.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Get back to your own forum proWRENCH. This isn't a site for tools like you. Now go back where you belong. Your car is slow and there is nothng cool about it. I am so sorry that you drive a car made for chicks who are in high school. Next time step your game up and get a car with some balls.
Wow, settle down. We can all be friends here. No need to flame other people or other cars. The TSX is a good car winning critical acclaim from enthusiasts and professionals. What? Do you want Acura to send you a personal letter of apology because they didn't make a car exactly how you wanted it? This car might not be up your alley...too bad, so sad, move on.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Racer

Minnesota:
I don't think I was talking to you, I said I had a problem with the wrench and his boys on the forum where he is the moderator (ClubTSX). So you can stay out of it and worry about yourself. I think I can give my opinion of the TSX, without hurting your feelings.
Thank You.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3

but thats until the Type S or the Type R comes over, whichever one they are, not sure. but the Type R brings with it 240HP and i belive 260lb-ft torque... dont quote me but i remember the torque being higher than the HP

im sure by then some wont mind it as much
no way in hell that motor will go from 166lb-ft to 260lb-ft without forced induction or more displacement
(or both!, why not add a cylinder or two!)
Old 06-04-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro

http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...88173&record=3

" The TSX will slot between the RSX and the CL/TL in the Acura lineup. Acura says competition for the TSX will come from “premium sports sedans from Europe and Japan,” namely the Lexus IS 300, BMW 325, Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4, Volvo S40, WV Jetta and Passat, and the Nissan Altima. Altima and Jetta, sure, the TSX will give those a run for their lease agreements. But Acura’s been smoking crankcase oil if it thinks a front-driver, even one as well-engineered as this one, will compete against 325s and IS 300s; it won’t. Not in performance. In price, sure. Prices will be announced closer to the TSX’s April launch, but will be somewhere between $25,000 and $30,000. If you forgo the voice-activated navigation system and the automatic transmission, you can probably come in on the lower end of that range and have a mighty fun car. "

I bet that thing is a dog with the slushbox :P
Old 06-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I have a lot of love for everyone who owns or ever owned a CL on this forum.
But I've got beef with proWrench and the ClubTSX boys.
Check the forum list "slim" ... some of us have "been around" here a lot longer than you.

Do I need to post for your CL peers here the quality type of posts that you brought over to ClubTSX? Come on man ... you brought your street racing posts over to ClubTSX and no one wanted to hear it ... I had nothing to do with it. Sheesh

So raise your hand if you think the TSX was build for straight line speed? I know I was under no impression that it was all about speed ... some of us prefer a tightly built car with some serious handling capabilities for its class. But I guess that is all the details that some folks don't care about with an emotional discussion. Not to mention ... very few people cross ship coupes/sedans ... unless they have a family growth like I did (twins anyone? ).

Edit: And if you can't read between the lines, I owned an '01 CL-S (one of the first) for about 1.5 years.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Racer

Sorry Pro. I didn't realize it. I didn't know you were one of us. So what do you think of the switch from the CL to the TSX how do they compare, when they were both new? Let me know what you think.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:09 AM
I hate the Mets

Before the Neorontin (BiPolar Medication)

After the Neurontin

Sorry Pro. I didn't realize it. I didn't know you were one of us. So what do you think of the switch from the CL to the TSX how do they compare, when they were both new? Let me know what you think.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Connected

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mc222
Before the Neorontin (BiPolar Medication)/After the Neurontin
Old 06-04-2003, 11:23 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock for stock yeah the tsx is not as fast as the CL in a straight line. But if you are into modding which most of you are, then the tsx is a modders dream. It already has tons of aftermarket supprt and a lot of rsx stuff can be fitted to the motor with little or no mods. Hondata is already hard at work on a chip that will up horspower a lot also. This car has way more tuner potential than a tl or cl. Yes we have bigger motors and more horsepower, but when we start tring to hook our cars up with hit a wall after the i/h/e upgrades. Whats left, pullies and suspension or the 5 grand supercharger that will destroy or trannies. I'd rather rock a slammed 6 speed tsx with a body kit, i/h/e cams, chip and a 75 shot over my TL anyday. Its new, built in japan, solid as hell and can be fast.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Safety Car

i'd like to see a comparo between the mazda 6 and tsx, i'd also save the 'serious handling' for its class rating till a track comparo is done.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3
but the Type R brings with it 240HP and i belive 260lb-ft torque... dont quote me but i remember the torque being higher than the HP
The new Euro Accord R has a 2.0 I4 with 217 hp (220 PS) and 152 lb-ft torque (206 N*m)
Old 06-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Mazda 6 and TSX shouldn't be even considered to be compared.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey - no worries ... just wanted to get past any perceived bad blood or whatever ...

As far as the CLS vs. TSX ... it is tough to compare since they are not in the same class, but here is my shot:

Exterior - I think the TSX is actually pretty aggresive styling for a 4-door - I like the door handles, the front end is just awesome looking with the projector HID's ... nod to the TSX for me

Interior - The TSX has as good or better leather quality, the interior design ergonomically in the CLS is very good and the TSX is equally good. Of course the TSX has better back seat setup and for as small as the car is the headroom and leg room is ample for 6 foot folks to sit in the back with easier access than the CLS. I thought the gauges in the CL-S were cool with the white background ... but the illuminescent LCD gauges in the TSX are pretty much sweet and very functional (readable) in all conditions day and night.

Toy factor - I didn't get the Navi in either, but the new TSX Navi is awesome. Other than that - CLS has tilt down mirros, heated mirrors and about every other option that the TSX has (both have quite a bit more than the RSX)

Stereo - You guys have to hear it ... it is no aftermarket, but in my mind the TSX stereo is the best from Acura/Honda so far and I expect it to be topped in the next TL is what is scary.

Ride quality - The CLS was way smoother as it should be, but the TSX handles tight and rebounds sharply, but comfortably from bumps in the road. Everyone who has owned a BMW and has taken a ride in my TSX says "Wow - this car behaves just like a BMW handling wise" ... not bad for a FWD.

Performance - I guess it is just this simple ... CLS has more speed, TSX has better handling. I can tell you that as mentioned that the aftermarket for the TSX should allow for a sub 6 second car to 60 out of the TSX with Hondata, I/H/E/FI ... so for those that want will be able to get quite a bit more speed out of this engine (by the way the torque is under-rated based on dynojet runs by ClubTSX member). Me ... I will just ride out my lease with it stock for 3 years then jump on that TSX-R - right Acura?

6MT - my CLS was 5AT, but I think the TSX is the best shifting Honda/Acura I have owned ... and there is a lot of competition there

The best thing about the TSX is it is a sign of the sporty cars that Acura plans to make coming forward, and for those looking to spend $35K on a sedan in the next year ... the TL is gonna be amazing is my guess. Now where is that $30-35K coupe from Acura - gumble .... I hope the CL comes back in '05 in whatever form of TSX/TL coupe. Acura needs this .... AWD/IMA again would be nice

Oh well ... hope this brain dump was worth something ... back to work
Old 06-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Outnumbered at home

Originally posted by KCPreki11
Mazda 6 and TSX shouldn't be even considered to be compared.
Why not, they seem a really close match. Fully loaded the mazda is about 26k right in TSX territory and it fully loaded has comparable options/equipment. Both are 4 door sporty sedans available with a stick. You know if Mazda had ever gone through with a luxury division they would have a 6 based model so if I was shopping they would both be on the list.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro

Originally posted by provench

6MT - my CLS was 5AT, but I think the TSX is the best shifting Honda/Acura I have owned ... and there is a lot of competition there
you ever driven an S2000 ??

that is a awesome transmission!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by cnatra
you ever driven an S2000 ??

that is a awesome transmission!
I have ... it was a bit stiffer, but I here that is because it is RWD and the tranny linkage is more direct. I have never driven an NSX, but I imagine that 6MT is quite nice as well. Just glad to see Acura starting to put 6MT in more cars and I expect the new TL will have 6MT right out of the gate which is
Old 06-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

'
Hey noob shut your trap. Provench has been around a bit longer than you.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by 95gt
Why not, they seem a really close match. Fully loaded the mazda is about 26k right in TSX territory and it fully loaded has comparable options/equipment. Both are 4 door sporty sedans available with a stick. You know if Mazda had ever gone through with a luxury division they would have a 6 based model so if I was shopping they would both be on the list.
Actually no. TSX has build materials and electronic goodies which the mazda doesn't have. Moreover, the 6 isn't a luxury car by any stretch of the imagination. Mazda's only "true" lux car is the millenia, which they will discontinue. Moreover, the millenia and the 6 aren't even built of the same platform.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Zapata
'
Hey noob shut your trap. Provench has been around a bit longer than you.

you're a little late with that, Zap.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ghander
anyone have FOB V 2.0 translations?
ROFLMAO

Quick Reply: Discontinung cl for a joke like the tsx