Did anyone get the 30K mile Checkup, and if so how much $ was it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 06:23 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did anyone get the 30K mile Checkup, and if so how much $ was it?

My Maint rec light came on so I called up park ave acura and asked how much for 30 k service and they told me $540.00? I got 15 K mile service there and it was only $99.00?
what the hell do they do at the 30k service?
Did any of you guys get the service, and if so how much did it cost?
Old 08-27-2001, 06:40 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
NO one got 30 k on there car or what?
Old 08-27-2001, 06:43 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 30K for $141.00. It started at $169.00, then minus $7 (I supplied Mobile 1), a ten percent discount coupon, and then some other dealer discount, then tax. That covered Oil and filter change, air filter change, Tranny fluid change, rotate tires, check every thing and wash car.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:46 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
My was $399.99 ++++++
Old 08-27-2001, 06:50 PM
B A N N E D

Originally posted by Fabvsix:
<STRONG>My was $399.99 ++++++ </STRONG>
Hey that is still $140 less then what they qouted me?
Old 08-27-2001, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Dealer prices will be very high ($300+)

Might want to think about finding a reputable indpendant Honda/Acura shop. That should cut the price in half at least. I don't plan on paying more than $180 for my 30K service.
Old 08-27-2001, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Got mine last month at local Honda dealership for $167. They needed to order in-cabin air filter. I did not need regular air filter change because of my CAI.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:12 PM
B A N N E D

Originally posted by Ahoooo:
<STRONG>Got mine last month at local Honda dealership for $167. They needed to order in-cabin air filter. I did not need regular air filter change because of my CAI.</STRONG>
why did they qoute me soo much loot?
Old 08-27-2001, 10:42 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

Originally posted by StonedCL:
<STRONG>

why did they qoute me soo much loot?</STRONG>
Why not call up wayne directly and get to the bottom of this.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:48 PM
Advanced

mine was $497 however I bargained with the guy and he gave me discount to $367 and I had already changed my tranny fluid, and changed to K&N air filter in the past

I can't remember all they did, but they did a lot of stuff including cleaning out the engine... my car was stalling until I got this done and now I feel like I've gone from a civic to a viper ... but I also got new tires so that may have to do with it too... got the S-03's
Old 08-27-2001, 11:38 PM
Racer

$399.00 + tax, New York. Drives like new, or better.

I wish I knew more about cars. =/
Old 08-27-2001, 11:47 PM
B A N N E D

Originally posted by proactive:
<STRONG>$399.00 + tax, New York. Drives like new, or better.

I wish I knew more about cars. =/</STRONG>
I think 399 is too much..
I dont need the tiles rotated cuz there only got like 2k miles on them,or do i need a new filter cuz i got a CAI, just need all the fluids changed and everything checked.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: StonedCL ]
Old 08-28-2001, 01:25 AM
Racer

hey stoned

i know that $500 seems like alot for a service, but dont forget we are driving $30k cars. ck with wayne on the prices, im sure he could take something off if you dont need your tires rotated or your air filter changed. by the way ck the price you paid for your 15k at park ave acura, i paid $199.95 plus tax not $99
Old 08-28-2001, 01:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Get a list of specific things they do for the 15k service and 30k service and compare. Most of the list should contain 'check' and 'inspection'.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:52 AM
Oh...Behave!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, it's just an oil & filter change, 3 Qts of tranny fluid change, air filter change, and inside air-conditioning filter change.
And, inspect this, inspect that, (i.e. take a quick glance at it! --- For $500

That's a MAJOR RIP-OFF!!!

It's BARELY worth $100, ESPECIALLY if you have a K&N filter!

Oil & Filter Change $14.95 w/ tire rotation w/coupon
Trans Fluid Change $49.95
Air Cond Filter $19.95
Old 08-28-2001, 02:17 AM
Intermediate

If you want a quality schedule maintance work done without paying tooooo much, ask your local Honda dealer for price quote. They are much cheaper and the work is as good as Acura dealer.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Stoned

I feel for you. I also use Park Ave and to say the least I was a bit surprised to hear that the 15k check was slightly OVER $200. (Hell a vac and wash doesn't make it THAT much easier to take). I had no air filter to install (K&N), although I asked for a tranny fluid change. The price nut is in the labor. I think labor was about $140 or so.

So if you find some reputable reasonable Honda dealer within our Northern Jersey area please let us know.

Thanks
Rob
Old 08-28-2001, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Amazing,

The "expensive" guys at Rick Case Acura are $99.00 for the 15K and $249 for the 30K and this is only the REQUIRED maintenance schedule plus a set of wiper refills and includes a Synthetic Blend Oil.

Shop around....The HONDA dealer down the street is $329 for an Accord V6...so they are not all cheaper. The prices tend to follow the managers philosophy, not the "dealers are supposed to be expensive" mentality this forum has adopted.

Happy hunting.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:39 AM
Drifting

Decided to call my dealer and find out how much the 15K and the 30k checkups are and the 15K is 368+tax and the 30K is 538+tax can you f$&@!ng believe that! Whay is there such a difference in price between the different dealers??

Also just called the next closest dealer and the want 232.45 for the 15K and 319.95 for the 30K...WTF is that! When I told her how much the local dealer wanted she was like WOW! I asked her why that was but she did not know. I guess I will be making a short 1hr drive to get this kind of work done!

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: NOLACLS ]
Old 08-28-2001, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Its called fluff, and its a virus that infects the money hungry (short sighted).
Ask for ala cart for what the service manual requires and you may find the savings you are looking for. Best to have a dealer do the work based on parts used and accoutability. I know first hand that Quick Lube places do not carry the proper ATF and their $0.90 oil filters are a joke.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:41 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I paid $159 for the 15k service. no ATF change though. Moderately high for just an inspection.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:03 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stoned- if all you want is specific things done or checked, give me a call and we'll talk. If you just cold call and ask the price on the phone without giving specifics, you will get the standard price. Not all cars are the same and the prices quoted are to cover the most expensive. You have to ask if there are things to be omitted or changed. Our price for the 15k is listed at $295.00- but we charge $199.95 for the newer CLs and TLs because you dont have to adjust the valves at that interval any more. Its all relative, if you think a Honda dealer will do it cheaper- by all means try. Are we always the cheapest? NO. But we do go out of our way to accomodate our customers wants and needs and still function as a business. Will the Honda dealer give you a free loaner? Will he have your car washed and vaccumed? Will he take care of your warranty needs - even if its a questionable call- I doubt it! You really need to look at the whole picture before you make your decision. This is, after all, a business and we are responsible to the owners to make a profit. That is what I get paid to do- I try to do it a fair and friendly way- sometimes you have to look at the value- not the price!

...END RANT...
Old 08-28-2001, 03:18 PM
Racer

The 30K service is "supposed" to also include a tire roation and balancing, which I need.

Mine goes in next week for the 30K service. $325 at Karen Radley Acura/VW in Woodbridge, VA. Having called around to other dealers, Radley Acura in Alexandria, VA wants $425 (but they were running an add on the radio where they will give you a coupon for a free blockbuster movie rental (oooooooooooo!)) and Pohanka, in Chantilly, VA, wants "$485 + (if it needs other stuff)." That last one scared me.

I bought my car at Pohanka and was taking it there for everything but after my rotors episode they've basically lost my trust.

Karen Radley serviced my other car (VW) and they were excellent. I'm hoping that they'll live up to their reputation with this car, too.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:33 PM
Racer

I just got off the phone with Acura of Omaha and scheduled my 15k service. I informed the service tech that I just changed the oil and filter (Mobil 1) and replaced the air filter (K&N). He then told me the adjusted cost would be $52 for the 15k service.

I feel pretty lucky about the low cost! :p

However, after reading some of the posts, it seems like new life has been breathed into some cars after this service. Is there a particular item or fluid that should be replaced?
Old 08-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Al Uminum:
<STRONG>Stoned

I feel for you. I also use Park Ave and to say the least I was a bit surprised to hear that the 15k check was slightly OVER $200. (Hell a vac and wash doesn't make it THAT much easier to take). I had no air filter to install (K&N), although I asked for a tranny fluid change. The price nut is in the labor. I think labor was about $140 or so.

So if you find some reputable reasonable Honda dealer within our Northern Jersey area please let us know.

Thanks
Rob</STRONG>

are you and stonedcl serious, after all that wayne and park ave acura has done for us you guys are going to turn your back on them like that. i thought most of us went to them for quality work, not worrying about every nickel and dime. i guess i am a loyal customer to the end unlike you guys. lets put it this way i guess i am the usual internet customer going in their with like 10 warranty problems(some that are borderline and should not be covered under warranty but are covered by wayne anyway). so i have no problem dishing out a few bucks for quality service. i have worked at a few dealerships before and know that they make no money performing warranty work. most dealerships survive on service work. sorry if this offends you guys but just my opinion. wayne, jens and the park ave team keep up the good work
Old 08-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Maybe I am missing something, but to pay more than $100-125 for: 1) oil and filter change; 2)trans. fluid change; 3) new air filter; 4)rotate tires; and 5) "inspect" the engine SEEMS ABSOLUTELY BEYOND RIDICULOUS...IT IS LUDICROUS.
Ernie
PS AM I alone (beside Ogolden 1)in this opinion?
PSS Keep all receipts for work performed for potential warranty hassles
Old 08-28-2001, 09:20 PM
Intermediate

Maybe I am missing something, but to pay more than $100-125 for: 1) oil and filter change; 2)trans. fluid change; 3) new air filter; 4)rotate tires; and 5) "inspect" the engine SEEMS ABSOLUTELY BEYOND RIDICULOUS...IT IS LUDICROUS.
Ernie
PS AM I alone (beside Ogolden 1)in this opinion?
PSS Keep all receipts for work performed for potential warranty hassles
Old 08-28-2001, 09:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by pv22clif:
<STRONG>

are you and stonedcl serious, after all that wayne and park ave acura has done for us you guys are going to turn your back on them like that. i thought most of us went to them for quality work, not worrying about every nickel and dime. i guess i am a loyal customer to the end unlike you guys. lets put it this way i guess i am the usual internet customer going in their with like 10 warranty problems(some that are borderline and should not be covered under warranty but are covered by wayne anyway). so i have no problem dishing out a few bucks for quality service. i have worked at a few dealerships before and know that they make no money performing warranty work. most dealerships survive on service work. sorry if this offends you guys but just my opinion. wayne, jens and the park ave team keep up the good work</STRONG>
Hey pv, you can't see the forest for the trees. Never did I say that Park Avenue did not do quality work. In fact if you have been here or over at HAnet long enough you might remember it was I who first discovered that the Jens working over at Park Avenue was the same Jens who was extremely helpful in informing me about and the installation of my springs.

But thats nothing. What is atrocious about your comment is the following:

are you and stonedcl serious, after all that wayne and park ave acura has done for us you guys are going to turn your back on them like that.
Excuse me but I still remember cutting a check for almost $27000 (plus my integra tradin) made out to Park Avenue Acura which I think allows me and others some latitude in which direction or dealer my posterior faces. The gripe is not with the people there, its with the pricing structure you dolt.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Al Uminum ]
Old 08-28-2001, 11:44 PM
B A N N E D

<STRONG>

are you and stonedcl serious, after all that wayne and park ave acura has done for us you guys are going to turn your back on them like that. i thought most of us went to them for quality work, not worrying about every nickel and dime. i guess i am a loyal customer to the end unlike you guys. lets put it this way i guess i am the usual internet customer going in their with like 10 warranty problems(some that are borderline and should not be covered under warranty but are covered by wayne anyway). so i have no problem dishing out a few bucks for quality service. i have worked at a few dealerships before and know that they make no money performing warranty work. most dealerships survive on service work. sorry if this offends you guys but just my opinion. wayne, jens and the park ave team keep up the good work</STRONG>
Dude Park AVe does great work, very nice and willing to help anytime, I just find 540.oo to change some fluids and Check everything a little steep. I am 21 and pay for the car and insurance on my own without any help , and i only make like 12 an hour, so i spend $800 a month alone on car and insurace, so i GOTTA WATCH MY MONEY CUZ I GOT NONE.
I said nuttin about there service being bad or me turning my back just seems like that was a steep price and wanted to know what everyone else paid.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:23 AM
Racer

stoned and al uminum

stoned, i can totally understand about not having a ton of money to throw away cause im pretty much in the same boat. al uminum, i want to thank you for telling us about jens. if you find a honda dealer that does a 30 k for $200, im sure they are not performing the same things that other dealers do. I know we are driving around in $30k cars so i guess i kind of expected to pay somewhere around $500 for a service here and there. I know a friend that has a es300 and paid around $800 for a 30k service. I have no clue what was done on that service but i know these 2 cars are in the same class so i expect it to be in the same ballpark. I understand that wayneg must show a profit just like every other business in the world. I feel in the long run you get what you pay for
Old 08-29-2001, 01:11 AM
B A N N E D

<STRONG>stoned and al uminum

stoned, i can totally understand about not having a ton of money to throw away cause im pretty much in the same boat. al uminum, i want to thank you for telling us about jens. if you find a honda dealer that does a 30 k for $200, im sure they are not performing the same things that other dealers do. I know we are driving around in $30k cars so i guess i kind of expected to pay somewhere around $500 for a service here and there. I know a friend that has a es300 and paid around $800 for a 30k service. I have no clue what was done on that service but i know these 2 cars are in the same class so i expect it to be in the same ballpark. I understand that wayneg must show a profit just like every other business in the world. I feel in the long run you get what you pay for</STRONG>

mY MOMS GOT a Rx300 and she just got 30k service done for 249 at bob casulli lexus on rt 46 totawa
Old 08-29-2001, 01:16 AM
Racer

i'm not sure where my friends was done, somewhere down the shore i think. my friend feels stupid anyway because i am paying less per month for the lease and my services are cheaper and we have the same features in our cars.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: pv22clif ]