Detailing Shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:40 AM
Hairy Balls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Detailing Shop

From my other accidental post.
I have swirl marks. But they're chaotic. Probably been there for a year and I wasn't paying attention.
Please tell me I don't need a clay bar... I live in an apartment and I can't do this very easily in the parking lot. What type of service should I get done professinally? Will it improve the car's value when I go to sell it (in a few years)?

I have decided I don't have the time to do what it takes to fix the swirl marks. So I'll take it to a local interior and exterior detailing shop.

What questions should I ask? For example should I ask what stuff they use on the inside and outside? What wax, and what rug cleaner?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:59 AM
I need a Hybrid CL-S

First off, clay bars dont get rid of swirl marks, if anything they will make them more pronounced. Clay bars remove all the impurities in the top layer of clear coat on your car. If you have swirl marks, it will just remove anything in the actual scratches that make up the swirl marks and thus will make them more visible or it will just not make a diffrence.

The way you remove swirl marks is by polishing your car with a light abrasive polish and a random orbital polisher. This removes a very thin layer of clear coat that contains the swirl marks and/or scratches. You need to make sure you find a good detail shop that knows what they are doing because this isnt just a car wash. Expect to pay around $150 to have someone polish the exterior of your car.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Team Owner

This needs to be posted in the Wash & Wax section of the Forum (under Off Topic).
If you’d like further responses, repost it over there please.

Sorry, we can’t MOVE it there, but there's lots of good info there for you.