Delivery now Thursday- wait is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery now Thursday- wait is killing me!

My anthracite 6sp navi spoiler is due in tomorrow too late for the dealer to prep for delivery, so I have to wait until Thursday morning.

Can't believe how impatient I am. Have been "just driving" for the last 3 years, in a Saab 9-3, instead of driving a fun ride. Before the Saab was an M3, which was awesome. Couldn't test drive the CL-S for a long time, as it was another customer's car, but I believe it is going to put the same smile on my face the M3 did. My recollection is the '98 M3 did 0-60 in 5.8, so the CL-S ain't gonna be far behind.

Anybody out there want an accord 6 sp? had one on order, just bailed on it, so it may still be available. Black on black no nav . . .
Old 02-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Manny Tranny

couped up << Your user name is how I feel

Congrats on your new purchase. You want to talk about impatient... I purchased back in late Dec 02 and only drove it a day Reading all the racing stories makes me feel good. Every time a see a new car commercial I laugh and say, "I can beat that"!

Old 02-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Cruisin'

Your ride looks great. hope spring comes quickly for you.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Instructor

couped - hang in there, it will be well worth the wait!

stejus - that car looks very familiar.... you have excellent taste although you should be a little happy that your CL-S has been in the garage lately... mine has had to drive through slush every day since i picked it up a couple weeks ago - can't wait till a warm day because she needs a bath! seing your shiny, clean car makes me a tad jealous...

although driving it every day is pretty fun too despite the dirt, so i do feel for ya i blew past a pimped-out beemer in the highway this morning and found i rather enjoyed seeing the the look on his face. lol
Old 02-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Disproportionate Member

Re: Delivery now Thursday- wait is killing me!

Originally posted by couped up
My anthracite 6sp navi spoiler is due in tomorrow too late for the dealer to prep for delivery, so I have to wait until Thursday morning.

Can't believe how impatient I am. Have been "just driving" for the last 3 years, in a Saab 9-3, instead of driving a fun ride. Before the Saab was an M3, which was awesome. Couldn't test drive the CL-S for a long time, as it was another customer's car, but I believe it is going to put the same smile on my face the M3 did. My recollection is the '98 M3 did 0-60 in 5.8, so the CL-S ain't gonna be far behind.

Anybody out there want an accord 6 sp? had one on order, just bailed on it, so it may still be available. Black on black no nav . . .
It's entirely likely that I'm mistaken, but for some reason 5.5 stands out in my mind as the 0-60 time for the late 90s M3. I too know the pain of waiting, except in my case I've got another 6-8 weeks to wait.

Enjoy your new ride when you get it. What color did you get?
Old 02-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Cruisin'

I waffled back and forth on color choices, preferring at first the parchment interior. Ultimately ordered the anthracite, which I am told was a mid-year color addition. Haven't seen a CL in person in that color, but it looks good on the TL.

Good luck with your new ride when it comes!
Old 02-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by pluto_1969
couped - hang in there, it will be well worth the wait!

stejus - that car looks very familiar.... you have excellent taste although you should be a little happy that your CL-S has been in the garage lately... mine has had to drive through slush every day since i picked it up a couple weeks ago - can't wait till a warm day because she needs a bath! seing your shiny, clean car makes me a tad jealous...

although driving it every day is pretty fun too despite the dirt, so i do feel for ya i blew past a pimped-out beemer in the highway this morning and found i rather enjoyed seeing the the look on his face. lol
pluto_1969 - Although I was very interested in a different color (anthracite) I had to settle for Silver (great deal on an in stock CL). Now that I look at it and see how nice other silver CL's are looking, I'm kinda glad I ended up with Silver. Can't wait to drop and tint her in the spring! Just be sure to wash all that nasty salt off as soon as you can. It's going to be below ZERO this week!!