deans service..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ModAddict
The S/C is driven from the alt pulley, so the alt pulley will be replaced with the one from the S/C kit.
Oh so then if you change the crank pulley with that new 12volt one the only one left from the original UR SS set would be the P/S one?
Old 04-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chaptorial
Oh so then if you change the crank pulley with that new 12volt one the only one left from the original UR SS set would be the P/S one?
Yes, and the new 12v one should be the same size as stock also.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

IMO you should just put the stock crank pulley back on.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So do you think the new 12v UR Sc Crank pulley is even worth it?

EDIT- Gotcha. I kinda agree as well.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
I hate the Mets

Originally posted by jimcol711
wow, thats ALOT of work, holy shit.

i was recently thinking about chipping my A6 2.7T, and i was thinking to myself, good lord, the chip, with the setting i want is nearly 1000 dollars!! for a computer chip!! and then i saw this post and see how much you had to invest into a CL to get it to go 13.68 and all i can say is wow, that chip doesnt seem so expensive anymore considering with just that chip, my 3,700 lbs A6 will beat your car that youve spent thousands and thousands to get to that level.
He can't disagree but you are definitely poking :spankme:
Old 04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jim , what will your car run with the chip
Old 04-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SCTL-SS
As for the intercooler: It'll be a different setup then Scalberts. We are going with a Vortech unit and doing some custom fabricating/piping. We're also installing the reservoir ice water can where the battery is. The battery itself is going to be relocated to the trunk. Once VR is finished with the install I'll have dyno and track #s for you guys. It should perform great at the track.
Just FYI, the A/F ratio went lean with just the IC installed. The fuel pressure increases were not enough to get the needed fuel when the air was cooled. You will probably want to plan on having a way to add more fuel.

I'm curious how this will mount as the room is tight. I assume this is the same IC project that was left off on from when Austin still had his car?? And last but not least, mine is better. :P JK, I'm eager to see how is goes and the response from the increased filling volume.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Suzuka Master

wow, thats ALOT of work, holy shit.

i was recently thinking about chipping my A6 2.7T, and i was thinking to myself, good lord, the chip, with the setting i want is nearly 1000 dollars!! for a computer chip!! and then i saw this post and see how much you had to invest into a CL to get it to go 13.68 and all i can say is wow, that chip doesnt seem so expensive anymore considering with just that chip, my 3,700 lbs A6 will beat your car that youve spent thousands and thousands to get to that level.
You can certainly look at it that way. But remember, you bought a three year old car. You could also go out an buy a three year old F-Body, not do anything and beat both examples. Or you could take that F-Body, add mods for 50% of the difference between the cars and absolutely destroy most cars.

In other word, who gives a crap as there are always faster cars. People do stuff all fo the time which doesn't make sense but they enjoy it. Heck, my own situation is an example of worthlessness as traction is non-existant. But I still enjoy finding the limits even though it is not useful.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
///M POWER

Originally posted by scalbert
You can certainly look at it that way. But remember, you bought a three year old car. You could also go out an buy a three year old F-Body, not do anything and beat both examples. Or you could take that F-Body, add mods for 50% of the difference between the cars and absolutely destroy most cars.

In other word, who gives a crap as there are always faster cars. People do stuff all fo the time which doesn't make sense but they enjoy it. Heck, my own situation is an example of worthlessness as traction is non-existant. But I still enjoy finding the limits even though it is not useful.
amen...
jim if we were lookin for cars to get into the 11's we picked the wrong one, not everybody bought there cl-s just for speed
Old 04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

lol, what does it being 3 years old have to do with anything?? most CL-S drivers are also driving 3 year old cars now too....that are worth about 40% of their original purchase price no less. a 3 year old F Body is in quite a different league of a 3 year old Audi A6. anyhow i was just simply expressing the fact that it takes an awful lot of work to get a CL-S to put down some times in the 13's and i given the price of the chip for the audi's it seems like a pretty good bargin, even if it is just a little chip soldered onto the ECU, it does the work of a 4,500 dollar S/C kit, 1,000 dollar headers, 300 dollar CAI, etc, etc, on a CL-S.

oh, and darrin, a Chipped A6 2.7T under good track conditions can easily put down mid 13's. and yes, thats with no other mods.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:13 AM
///M POWER

oh, and darrin, a Chipped A6 2.7T under good track conditions can easily put down mid 13's. and yes, thats with no other mods.
wow, thats quick, dont those cars benefit from intake exhaust well too...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally posted by darrinb
wow, thats quick, dont those cars benefit from intake exhaust well too...
yeah, the chip, depending on brand, bumps up the drivetrain up to 70 HP and 130 Ft Lbs. those are crankshaft figures but the torque increase is just incredible. and according to the chip manufacturers, at those levels, the turbos are still performing well within their perameters.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Suzuka Master

lol, what does it being 3 years old have to do with anything?? most CL-S drivers are also driving 3 year old cars now too....that are worth about 40% of their original purchase price no less. a 3 year old F Body is in quite a different league of a 3 year old Audi A6. anyhow i was just simply expressing the fact that it takes an awful lot of work to get a CL-S to put down some times in the 13's and i given the price of the chip for the audi's it seems like a pretty good bargin, even if it is just a little chip soldered onto the ECU, it does the work of a 4,500 dollar S/C kit, 1,000 dollar headers, 300 dollar CAI, etc, etc, on a CL-S.

The three year old comment was made because most here purchased their vehicle new. The relevance of a TL-S to a three year old Audi has as much bearing as as being compared to an F-Body.

You are right though, it does take more $$ and effort to get a TL-S to run the same times as an A6 2.7TT. But the TL-S did cost $10k - $15k less in the beginning. This greater mod potential is always present when the vehicle comes boosted from the factory. Try and run mid 13's in an A6 3.0; what would that cost...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:23 AM
///M POWER

good point steve, i totally forgot jim's car came w/ boost from the factory
Old 04-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Banned

The three year old comment was made because most here purchased their vehicle new. The relevance of a TL-S to a three year old Audi has as much bearing as as being compared to an F-Body.

You are right though, it does take more $$ and effort to get a TL-S to run the same times as an A6 2.7TT. But the TL-S did cost $10k - $15k less in the beginning. This greater mod potential is always present when the vehicle comes boosted from the factory. Try and run mid 13's in an A6 3.0; what would that cost...
very true. my car new was pushing 50k....the TL-S was barely 30 (without navi.) i could definately not afford a new A6, lol. the A6 3.0 is a dog (even worse still was the 2.8) the A6 makes the CL-S seem light by comparison, that quattro system is NOT light, however i really found that after driving the whole mix (2.8, 2.7T, 4.2) the 2.7T is the perfect match for the A6, the twin turbo, twin intercooled set up on that motor is a thing of beauty and although the 4.2 has those nifty extra-wide fender flares, im glad i went with the 2.7T, its hard to really get the courage to pull the trigger on the chip though, from my research, there ARE ways dealers can detect that stuff, even if you swap it out completely with a stock ECU prior to taking it in for service.

omg, we completely hijacked this thread, lol
Old 04-26-2004, 04:42 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mid-13s I believe would be on a six-speed if I'm not mistaken. For your auto you'd probably be hard-pressed to beat SCTL-SS' 13.6. Not to mention that there aren't a whole lot of heavily modded auto 2.7ts and that reliability starts coming into play putting that much power to the auto tranny (and the stock turbos) just as it does in the auto TLS/CLSs.

I guess we won't know till you chip your car and take it to the track jim.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:42 PM
13.68 @ 102.56

You guys have left me lets say.... "chipless". But I must say those Audis are something. I've seen an Audi at the track do 12.9 Really awsome #s the personalised tag read "Blazing". I don't believe that it was the 2.7 but maybe the smaller version 1.8???

Thanks Scalbert for the heads up on being lean with the IC. It's not always easy being the guinea pig. It will be interesting to, say the least, as to what the results will be when mine is completed.

I got some new info on the trannys today. The tranny comes with kevlar clutches, hardened shafts, high stall anti-balling conv(400-500RPMs higher than stock), "torring" bearings-a German high strength steal unit and optional LSD. It costs about 3600(+-) and for the car raphite clutches another $400. This tranny without install is about 2600 and about 3000 for the C/G clutches.
Hope this helps.
Have fun in your CL/TL or Audi!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 PM
///M POWER

this thread was hi-jacked x10
Old 04-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SCTL-SS
I got some new info on the trannys today. The tranny comes with kevlar clutches, hardened shafts, high stall anti-balling conv(400-500RPMs higher than stock), "torring" bearings-a German high strength steal unit and optional LSD. It costs about 3600(+-) and for the car raphite clutches another $400. This tranny without install is about 2600 and about 3000 for the C/G clutches.
Hope this helps.
Have fun in your CL/TL or Audi!!!
Hey man! My name is Logan and the guy out in AZ that is running a rebuilt tranny from VR. Say hello to AJ and Jason and wish them luck on the new business! Nice mod list btw! I am waiting for that IC developement.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
So Carbon/Graphite> Kevlar clutches??

This is the stage 2 transmission correct?

Do you have them rebuild your stock tranny? Or do they provide a new tranny? If so, do they require a core charge or something?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

Just as a personal note: I have been a customer for Velocity Resources for about year and half. And as you guys have seen on my mods list they have done quite bit of work for me on my TL. I have been very pleased not only with their service but their expertise and customer commitment to me and my car has been great. It is not uncommon for them to be there late on a clients car (as I have seen them do) or my very own car for that matter till midnight or some times through the night.
When I first looked into modding my car I called Comptech just out of curiosity to see what they offered. When I told them my location VR was the only shop in the central FL area they would recommend and there are a lot of performance shops out here. Incidentally Comptech, do to their recent restructure, has reduced their # of distributors/ suppliers and VR is not one of them, they will continue to be a source for Comptech parts.
They have an excellent reputation as installation/sales facility and that reputation is nation wide. I have personally seen cars from Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, etc… at the shop just so they can get their cars worked on.
The new owners have been fighting to undo what the previous owners did and it has been an uphill fight as some of you might know. After talking to the new owners Jason and Bryant (which have always been with VR) I feel even more confident with them now than before. For me there hasn’t been any negative issues as far as I’m concerned and I’m sorry for those of you who have had problems. I do believe improvements are in place and you guys should have much better experiences and service. My 2 cents and then some.

GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN REBUILT TRANNYS: VR has cores on hand so there is no down time on rebuilds.