Dealers answer to my actuator , the saga goes on

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers answer to my actuator , the saga goes on

well I took my car in and asked him to check it out since I might have a problem . I showed him the part and what I thought it wasnt doing . An hour later , one of the service technicians comes out and says he checked the computer code and there is nothing so he cant fix anything, sorry , all is well. I explained that there was no error but that it doesnt work . I told him to check another one and he refused. WTF is up with these shitty dealers. I mean not even test drive it , just check the computers. So I was still being nice and asked him why we can drive a new one and then mine and tell me what he thinks. He said he couldnt do that. Then I asked him to try the reving it up to 4000 rpms and see and he said it depends what gear you are in for it to happen . AHHHHH, I almost lost it , he said I will have the regional service manager call you and we will see, goodbye
This shit makes me mad. Why do most dealers know so little about the cars they work on . I asked him to call Wayne and he said there was no need. I guess it was a pride thing.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call customer service Don't even mess with the locals.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Rod
Drifting

Call the regional service manager yourself and politely tell him/her how disappointed you are in these assholes and Acura and if that doesn't work bitch until you get what you want.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro

Why is there no service bulletin on this matter ???
Old 07-23-2001, 10:56 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

I can't believe the jackass would not even pop the hood of a new car to compare. It is just simple deductive reasoning. Try another dealer, maybe they will value your business. Hope everything works out.
Old 07-23-2001, 11:07 PM
Advanced

thholr,
WHat dealer is this at??I know that when i took my car in to have the tranny looked at they said the same thing!!I was told the computer is not sending a code so all must be well!!So i told the Service manger to get in the car and we are taking it for a drive..We didn't get more then 100 feet from the dealership when it started acting up, and the service manager was like yes there is something wrong with the tranny...Gee so now some of the tech get paid 50 grand a year to read a code and that is it now?? please don't think that i'm putting down all the techs out there, because i do know there are a lot of good and well informed techs out there, but may Atlanta needs some help!!!Good luck with getting this solved..

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: ATLCL-S ]
Old 07-24-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro

I took my car to Baranco Acura. But I think this might be the last time I take it there. I am going to try Nally and Sutherlin Acura. Which one did you take yours too. I have even thought about a trip to New Jersey . But driving 2 days to get something that I know the resolution to fixed , ofcourse, then 35 hp, hmmm, maybe I should just order a CAI and headers then my trip might be worth while to Park Avenue. Atlanta has the absolute worst Acura dealers I have seen .
Old 07-24-2001, 01:30 AM
Advanced

I took mine to Nally, they are finally came through for me, but it took like 5 trips back to get it right..So good luck where ever you take it!!
Old 07-24-2001, 10:04 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Originally posted by Zapata:
<STRONG>Call customer service Don't even mess with the locals.</STRONG>
Zapata is right man!, go right up to the top with these f'ers!!
We checked our acuators at the meet on Sat and everyone was so clear on
it's functionality. NO questions asked!!
It really pisses me rotten to hear about thses ASE mechanics dependind on the OBD11 and codes alone and not physically checking shit out for us.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:35 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Isn't it the case that the codes may not register anything going wrong as long as it tries to open the actuator? But, it seems as though if the actuator itself is bad then maybe you won't get a code.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:45 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by JZ:
<STRONG>Isn't it the case that the codes may not register anything going wrong as long as it tries to open the actuator? But, it seems as though if the actuator itself is bad then maybe you won't get a code.</STRONG>
Not everything that goes wrong will set a code. It just depends how the system was designed. Whether or not it sets a code has nothing to do with whether or not there is a problem with the system. That is, a code is not the determining factor, the problem is.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:48 AM

THe majority of dealerships are fucking morons...

FOR EXAMPLE:

Pohanka Acura here is Chantilly, VA tried to charge me to resurface the rotors, at 24K miles!

Its covered under warranty until 50K.

Just say FUCK"EM and don't go back, and warn others from going there.
Old 07-24-2001, 12:39 PM
aka davo-tsx

Here's what I did when I took it into my dealer here in Nashville at Gary Force Acura -

I told the S.A. that a friend of mine had a problem with the 2nd stage induction not opening and it turned out the actuator was not working. We checked out mine and found the actuator wasn't turning at 3800rpm. I pointed out exactly where it was and told him that when it works, it turns counter-clockwise @ 3800rpm. I also printed out some pictures of the actuator working from Chod's FAQ.

I had the first one they saw with this problem so it took a while to diagnose it, but finally they found a bad solenoid that controls the actuator and replaced it. It registers no codes at all. I didn't have any hassle getting it fixed either. Now I need to bring it in for warped rotors. I hope the're just as cool with that also.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:38 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
That is exactly what I did as well. My dealership had NEVER heard of this either. I printed out material supporting this issue. I even had permission for them to call Wayne Gruen if they had additional questions. They fixed the By pass acturator valve for free and kept the printed out material for the other mechanics to study and look for this problem in others, because it will not show up on the computer !
Life sucks when computers are running our cars !
Old 07-24-2001, 05:52 PM
I love my CL-S

Most Acura dealer sucks.. I took my car back to the dealer for a new set of road lamp, and the guy at the parts was asking me what kind of car i have, and i told him its a Type S. This moron then ask me "what year is it" "does it have a sunroof on it" ..i was shocked ..why the fuck would the dealer hire this kind of ppl who doesnt even know a type s ???

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS ]
Old 07-24-2001, 11:30 PM
Race Director

atleast you were not made fun of, like i was.

and told to get a dyno, like i was.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Just a thought....

CC: to Acura Headquarters.

Memo:

Please remove manual actuation of all restroom devices at all Acura dealers -- please replace with Acura 2001-2002 CLS/TLS actuators.

We have contacted a plumbing firm that will do the 12 volt wiring and conversion of toilets, sinks, urinals, etc to actuator operation.

We feel that this will give the "Acura dealer personnel" a better feeling for the suffering of their customers with these actuators.

When Acura dealers and their personal get tired of running to neighboring establishments for "relief", please call 1-800-BAD-ACTUATOR

If this “fix” is not enough, we will happily install the actuators in the elevators at Acura headquarters for further “empathy” training…
Old 07-25-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro

well supposedly the service manager is calling me tomorrow and I will talk with him . I mean he didnt even know what it was , just to rely on computer codes seems so stupid, but even after I told him it made no difference. I asked him to call Wayne and he would give him more info on it , but he didnt care, nor did he want to call. but I mean not to even take it out on a testdrive ( i guess you need to know what it feels like first. )
where do they find these people. I will report on what the service dude tells me