Cops

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 02:28 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cops

Haha I love the cops here they are such idiots. There are several places around town you can figure out what the unmarked cop cars are one is a parking place that day in and day out has a cop car in it and on a day or 2 every couple of months there is another car there and if you look you can tell it is a cop. Also there are a few itersections that for one reason or another around here that drring rush hour the cops have to (or choose to) control the signal manually. Now they either park on the curb next to the control box or across the street now how hard it it to figure out that the car next to the control box with the wire running from the control box in the drivers window is a cop? there are a few places like this. Completely ruins the purpose of having unmarked cars.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~
Old 02-03-2001, 02:33 AM
Drifting

The piglettos here always use the same kinds of cars for their unmarked. If you spot one of these cars just slow down and be careful. It is basically common sense.

------------------
True Hip-hop junkie
Old 02-03-2001, 04:09 AM
Number 37

I was watching cops on TV and a dashcam showed a cop pull a guy over for speeding in Texas. The cop went to his car and went back to the suspects vehicle. The cop says "Well I was going to write you a ticket for speeding but I have locked my keys in my car. If you give me a ride to my station I will let you off with a warning." I thought that was the funniest thing.

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks
Old 02-03-2001, 04:46 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Well, up here in Vancouver Canada the cops are starting to wise up. The undercovers consist of your regular Ford crown victorias. But, I have seen undercover pick-up trucks, vans, honda accord, and I have heard that there is also a Volvo sedan, A Jaguar Sedan, and a Mercedes Benz S class sedan(these higher end cars were donated to the police by various local dealerships...so I heard). And, just recently the Vancouver Police Dept. purchased 3 brand new Subaru Imprezas(2 blue, 1 black top of the line fully loaded) to crack down on all the illegal racing. I also heard that they will be selling them off in a few months and buying different cars to keep drivers guessing. I wonder what they'll buy next?
Old 02-03-2001, 11:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really love to read all the bashing police get on these boards. There are a few bad eggs out there that give all officers a bad name, but come on. Everyone has a preconceived notion of what a police officer is. No one thinks any less of me here, because I'm a TL owner that loves his car and has fun modding it. But low & behold, I'm a law enforcement officer. Most of my officer friends are dedicated to profession of helping others & getting paid to do it. Best of both worlds. My biggest ambition, is to make a difference & even possibly save someones life. So before your so quick to type with how an officer did you wrong by writing a ticket, think of it from the other side. By the way, I drive an white unmarked crown vic, some are keen to it, but you would be amazed at what people do, when I'm right behind or beside them. And as for intelligence level, you don't think we know that people will recognize an unmarked unit? You would not believe what we have in our covert motor pool. There is a big difference between unmarked & covert.

------------------
00' Laguna Green TL w/ Navi, Rear Spoiler & Tint. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways, Exhaust and 17" or 18" Wheels & Tires.

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-03-2001, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

I just noticed DWI is right here in my own city. Do you know NSX4DR @ Atlantic Performance. I'm over ther every now and again, he is helping me with my mods. If you haven't been by there, check them out, quality people and operation!

Oh, by the way, the officers you see sitting in there cars (like @ gate parkway) are working an off duty job, paid by the professional park to assist in getting there employees out into heavy traffic. Remember this city has a take home car policy. That is why you see so many law enforcement vehicles. There is a large amount of off-duty work for officers here, although the department regulates the amount you can work, so as not to cause officer saftey concerns.

------------------
00' Laguna Green TL w/ Navi, Rear Spoiler & Tint. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways, Exhaust and 17" or 18" Wheels & Tires.
Old 02-03-2001, 11:25 AM
Racer

MikeS.............hats off to you guys (and gals) who put your ass on the line every day. My uncle was a 30 year LAPD veteran--talk about stories. If you guys here think some police are "less than Einstein" you'd better look at criminals a little closer-really dumb! Yeah, we like to joke around here, but I think most of us have a lot of respect for the job you do. Besides, we use V-1's to keep everyone honest! Sure, there's always an a**hole in any bunch....cops too, but overall my experience with "the law" has been fair. Just wish courts and ultra liberal judges didn't tie your hands so much with some of these morons running the streets. Saw a recent "Cops" episode where this gang member fled police, left his crashed car after a lengthy pursuit, and climbed up on a roof flashing gang signs and taunting police with a concealed knife. They should have just capped him there and saved us all a lot of money. Aren't you glad I'm not a cop??!! "Tough room.........."

------------------
CL-S PDG, TR Typhoon Wheels, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570

[This message has been edited by bc01cls (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-03-2001, 11:51 AM
Race Director

Mike S is right about the unmarked unit. They're not trying to pass scrutiny from 5 feet away. A traffic violation is minor, why spend a lot of time and money and go to a whole lot of effort just to nab a speeder? Besides, when the time is right (which is when you're fuc*ing up), the unmarked unit will be invisible and right there to hand you your sh*t. Things just happens that way.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 02-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

The worst thing I found when I came to this country is that the problem is not "the cops" rather the problem is "the law".

The stupdiest thing I found that you will have "a criminal record" for minor traffic violations like 5-10 miles abive the speed limit or worse... "failing to inspect a brand new CL-S within 10 days of delivery!!!!", WTF, that is BS, big time!!

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 02-03-2001, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:
The worst thing I found when I came to this country is that the problem is not "the cops" rather the problem is "the law".

The stupdiest thing I found that you will have "a criminal record" for minor traffic violations like 5-10 miles abive the speed limit or worse... "failing to inspect a brand new CL-S within 10 days of delivery!!!!", WTF, that is BS, big time!!

</font>
I agree with you there Nashua....That is not a law enforcement thing, that's a state get thier government fee thing (taxes). They just use the law to make sure you pay up.

------------------
Old 02-03-2001, 02:53 PM
Number 37

I agree with you MikeS. I have ultimate respect for cops and the crap they do for a job. My story was just a funny annecdote to add to the conversation. Hell I locked my keys in my car 3 days after I bought it. My grandfather was a retired LAPD srg. I am not mad at a cop if I get caught doing something bad, I get mad all the times I wish there was a cop there to see what some dipshit just did.

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks

[This message has been edited by nootch (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-03-2001, 09:47 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Well, at the risk of being flame-bait, I just don't trust cops...period. Yes, they are in the danger's path; yes, most "protect & serve". I'm sure most are honorable, intelligent professionals who have to make tough choices in tight spots. But, dealing with cops from both sides of the fence schooled me years ago on how they (many) view people. I don't know about you, but if I were in trouble, I don't think first about calling the police. Rather, I think how much worse will calling the police make the situation. Generally, the times I've HAD to call the police, I've had to get them out of "he must be a perp" mentality, THEN get them focused on what I've called them for..case in point: Reported a stolen car...when they get there, they're sizing me up like I stole the car...after about 20 mins. of "answering stupid questions" we get down to the point of taking a statement about what happened. Oh, "stupid questions" are what was I wearing at the time of the crime, can anyone vouch for my whereabouts at the time of the crime,..etc. For me, cops are to be avoided at all costs. No offense meant, Mike.

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude