Comptech rear sway bar squeeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 02:08 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comptech rear sway bar squeeks

My Comptech rear sway w/urethane bushings keeps squeeking.Tried wrapping with teflon tape but its only a temporary fix.Anyone have a permanent one?
Old 09-26-2002, 02:24 AM
6SPDCLS

Re: Comptech rear sway bar squeeks

Originally posted by oghondaman
My Comptech rear sway w/urethane bushings keeps squeeking.Tried wrapping with teflon tape but its only a temporary fix.Anyone have a permanent one?
Easy:

GO TO SCHUCKS or your favorite popular auto supply store and pick up a can of LITHIUM GREASE. Unbolt the two metal brackets and take out the urethane brackets themselves exposing the bar. Take some of the lithium grease and lube the bitch all around. Don't put too much on cause when you put your urethane brackets back on, the grease will mush all out. Just use common sense.

Your bars won't squeek after that! Just get some lithium grease that is of better grade and water proof. It's much much better than teflon tape..

Hope that will help you case it did for me since I put the bars on my own 2k3.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:47 AM
'Cooter

Re: Re: Comptech rear sway bar squeeks

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Easy:

GO TO SCHUCKS or your favorite popular auto supply store and pick up a can of LITHIUM GREASE. Unbolt the two metal brackets and take out the urethane brackets themselves exposing the bar. Take some of the lithium grease and lube the bitch all around. Don't put too much on cause when you put your urethane brackets back on, the grease will mush all out. Just use common sense.

Your bars won't squeek after that! Just get some lithium grease that is of better grade and water proof. It's much much better than teflon tape..

Hope that will help you case it did for me since I put the bars on my own 2k3.

when i had my sways put in, Dow Chemical grease was used...since i frequently rinse off the underbody, the grease came off...ordinary regular car grease or the lithium grease will work just fine since it's thicker and much more resisting to washing off...and lemme tell ya, driving around Long Island with our potholes and crap, i've given my suspension a THOROUGH test
Old 09-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions,I'll give it a try.