CompTech Exhaust Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:31 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CompTech Exhaust Dyno

I have an appointment at Carboys for 10am this coming Sat to have my CompTech exhaust installed and dyno'd. If anyone would like to meet up at Carboys let me know.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:00 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Good luck. I swear that the Comptech exahaust gives noticeable gains even on the type S where it is supposed to add only a few ponies.

I thought I saw that Cat-back exhausts were availible at the Honda dealer that gave the AV6 like 20HP or something crazy like that.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Who's Your Daddy

I hope you're installing the exhaust yourself and not paying Carboy to do it....It only takes 15-20 minutes to install....of course they're probably gonna charge you an hour of labor....heck, bring it by my house and I'll only charge you half what they will
Old 01-15-2002, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by CL-Super
I hope you're installing the exhaust yourself and not paying Carboy to do it....It only takes 15-20 minutes to install....of course they're probably gonna charge you an hour of labor....heck, bring it by my house and I'll only charge you half what they will
LOL... so I get 3 dyno's and say, "Hold on, I'll be back in an hour"

They are charging $30-$40 to install the axel backs. I don't have a breaker bar, so it'd probably take me 45 minutes to an hour if I did it myself plus about 7 or 8 busted knuckles.

If I wasn't going to dyno the car, I'd just install it myself.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Drifting

I dont understand. Ive proven to people that we get AT LEAST 3hp/3tq throughout the whole band and people still doubt we get any hp.
Originally posted by JZ
Good luck. I swear that the Comptech exahaust gives noticeable gains even on the type S where it is supposed to add only a few ponies.

I thought I saw that Cat-back exhausts were availible at the Honda dealer that gave the AV6 like 20HP or something crazy like that.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by spiroh
I dont understand. Ive proven to people that we get AT LEAST 3hp/3tq throughout the whole band and people still doubt we get any hp.
I definitely think we get about 1-3hp... but 20??? no way in hell. Our exhaust is very freeflowing as it is, so just changing the mufflers won't add 20hp. I'm curious as to what the dyno shows. Make sure you post the findings here!!
Old 01-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Z
Racer

Bnut don't u think you might be better of just going to batonrouge to get it dynoed. you can rent/barrow the tools you need from autozone.

I dont know you guys with the comptech exhaust just dont add a few dollars and get a greddy cat-back---or even one from hks.
I say this because if you look at the factory Y-bend you'll see that it is very obstructive. Maybe you guys should consider having a muffler shop custom building one for you out of some manderel bent U-bends that you can buy out of the back magazines.

(my two cents)
Old 01-16-2002, 04:50 PM
Pro

Originally posted by spiroh
It's not that we doubt you, but rather, is it worth $600+ for a pair of mufflers (Not Cat-Back) to produce 2-3 HP, that not many of us will feel. Well, at least that's how I feel .
Old 01-16-2002, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Z
Bnut don't u think you might be better of just going to batonrouge to get it dynoed. you can rent/barrow the tools you need from autozone.

I dont know you guys with the comptech exhaust just dont add a few dollars and get a greddy cat-back---or even one from hks.
I say this because if you look at the factory Y-bend you'll see that it is very obstructive. Maybe you guys should consider having a muffler shop custom building one for you out of some manderel bent U-bends that you can buy out of the back magazines.

(my two cents)
Thunder/Lightning MotorSports in Baton Rouge charges a bit more for their dyno time unless you get together a group dyno session or something. Have you gone there much?

All I need to install the exhaust is two jack stands, some WD40, a socket wrench, breaker bar (I'm skinny guy) , and a screwdriver to push the metal hangar through the rubber hanger.

1st of all, the cat backs are almost all louder than the CompTech's because they use a much louder resonator.

CompTech doesn't have a big history of lieing that I know of, and if they say the stock cat back piping only made a 1 hp difference, then I believe them.

If at some point my stock cat back piping does turn out to be a restriction I will have a shop make a custom cat back piping to my comptech exhausts.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:49 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Whoah! Was I typing in Chinese or something?

All right, to clear it up, my post said:

1. We only get a few ponies from the Comptech exhaust but I think it definately feels more responsive with it than with the stock set up.

2. The 20HP gain was a gain I saw CLAIMED for a catback exhasut on an Accord V6 at a Honda ealer, not a CLS! He does have an Accord V6, no? Or, at least that's what his sig says.

I think with almost a 1000 posts I would understand that there is no exhaust combination that would give us 20HP!!

Well, not without a supercharger on the other end.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by JZ
Whoah! Was I typing in Chinese or something?

All right, to clear it up, my post said:

1. We only get a few ponies from the Comptech exhaust but I think it definately feels more responsive with it than with the stock set up.

2. The 20HP gain was a gain I saw CLAIMED for a catback exhasut on an Accord V6 at a Honda ealer, not a CLS! He does have an Accord V6, no? Or, at least that's what his sig says.

I think with almost a 1000 posts I would understand that there is no exhaust combination that would give us 20HP!!

Well, not without a supercharger on the other end.
Yes, I understood your post from the first time around
because coming from a CL-P owner, I know our exhaust systems are a tad restrictive to meet ULEV standards