CLS-6 vs 07' 335i

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman
If you're referring to civic and friesm, they both have Acuras that they've put a lot of money and time into. I don't think BMW fanboys would spend so much time/money wrenching on Acuras as much as they do.

don't get me wrong i would love a M series (or a 335xi), but yeah i would like Honda's (or japanese in essence) better (i would even drive/buy certain domestics, especially if it was a Cummins or Duramax )
Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SimonCL-S6
Where are your facts? yours are all based on talking about CL (auto)tranny problems which everyone already knows about. I've had bmw's in the family, so the question should be what major problems "don't" they have.
So what are you wanting facts from me for? About the cls tranny? What speculations have I made that need to be backed up by facts?

And I think its a streatch to call thoes BMW problems a Major issue, besides the fuel pump.

But good job either way Jacob for not just going off hearsay!

Both the CLS and the 335i are nice automobiles. Each have thier problems. I feel the 335i has less seroius problems then the CLS. Having a CLS I know first hand the problems I don't have to look them up or show sources. As far as the beemer I prefer not to listen to hearsay and just go with the facts, like recalls and TSB's. You guys are making the 335i out to be the worst most dangerous car on the road, which until Jacob posted thoes Minor recalls is all based on your hearsay. It's all about "this guy and that guy I know with a 335i" and it's all hearsay! We all in here have first hand experience with the CLS but no one in hear has any real first hand experience with the 335i. NO riding with a buddy does not count! And reading in forums about the 335i where people like Jacob and Simon just post bs hearsay with no real facts does not count either.

Should just call you guys the "Hearsay Speculation and Assumption Law Firm Brothers".

"Got a problem with your BMW fuel pump in that pos 335i, then call us now, we don't get paid until you do. We are "Hearsay Speculation and Assumption Law Firm Brothers", and we will fight for you and you right to speculate! Call now! 1-800-BMW-SUCK.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

I know thats my point they are completely contradicting themselves! lol. If Acuras are so bad why dont they have BMW's.
They have never said acura's are so bad. They are pointing out facts about the CLS. On the other hand you are saying the 335i is a pos and you dont have one you are just going off hearsay. . They have a cls and are talking about the problems with it. You really dont see a diff in the arguments do you? WOW!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
I beg you to quote me on that.
Ok did I misinterpret this?

""""Additionally, the auto CL may be plauged with problems, but all trim levels of the 335's are plagued with them , not to mention more expensive to fix when comparing part prices and labor."""""

You say the AUTO CL, so you are talking about the Tranny. And you say ALL 335is are plauged with them, I would Aassume (your fave!) you are refering to the fuel pump.

Am I wrong?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Calm down princess your 33 years old calling 19 year olds names. You have no facts. My only arguement is that BMW is overall a worse car brand than honda/acura. Idk where you are getting your other speculations from, so just stop
Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Calm down princess your 33 years old calling 19 year olds names. You have no facts. My only arguement is that BMW is overall a worse car brand than honda/acura. Idk where you are getting your other speculations from, so just stop
What statments of mine would you like facts on?

Ahh oh man, i'm sorry you got butt hurt cause i called him your girlfriend, and changed his scrren name a little to make a joke.

you really should have thicker skin then that.

Besides if all you can call me out on is my age and calling him your girlfriend then I'm happy with that!

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 12-27-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Im not saying your old lol im just pointing out that its immature because you didnt like what i had to say so u need to use namecalling to get your point across. Im done this is pointless. Go Honda!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Im not saying your old lol im just pointing out that its immature because you didnt like what i had to say so u need to use namecalling to get your point across. Im done this is pointless. Go Honda!
I knew you were not calling me old. I meant the mature thing. I knew what you were saying.

But yea i don't think you two are going to see the point that everyone else is trying to make. But oh well. It just a discussion that people feel strongly about, it's bound to get a little heated.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Burning Brakes

No one here can win obviously, so lets just call it a draw!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:31 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
especially once the cars start getting up there in mileage

and EVERY car brand has there f@ckups, bad designs, quality control issues at times, etc, etc; some just happen to be worse at times, or worse then others

also that 3rd gear issue is not so bad, drove a 2002 Jaguar x-type today at work with only 120k, and not only did the tranny (manual btw, kinda surprised me actually) have issues/grinding with going into 3rd (about every other shift); it also had a blown head gasket to go along with that too (i did not look at it much more lol)

Last edited by friesm2000; 12-27-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
Ok did I misinterpret this?

""""Additionally, the auto CL may be plauged with problems, but all trim levels of the 335's are plagued with them , not to mention more expensive to fix when comparing part prices and labor."""""

You say the AUTO CL, so you are talking about the Tranny. And you say ALL 335is are plauged with them, I would Aassume (your fave!) you are refering to the fuel pump.

Am I wrong?
Actually yes, you are wrong. You misinterpreted what I said.

First off: I mentioned just the Auto CL, because it is the only trim level that gives people major problems. I was comparing it to the 335 because all of their trim levels contain the same problems, not just one. Get it now?

Last edited by Jacobpockros; 12-27-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned

But good job either way Jacob for not just going off hearsay!

Both the CLS and the 335i are nice automobiles. Each have thier problems. I feel the 335i has less seroius problems then the CLS. Having a CLS I know first hand the problems I don't have to look them up or show sources. As far as the beemer I prefer not to listen to hearsay and just go with the facts, like recalls and TSB's. You guys are making the 335i out to be the worst most dangerous car on the road, which until Jacob posted thoes Minor recalls is all based on your hearsay. It's all about "this guy and that guy I know with a 335i" and it's all hearsay! We all in here have first hand experience with the CLS but no one in hear has any real first hand experience with the 335i. NO riding with a buddy does not count! And reading in forums about the 335i where people like Jacob and Simon just post bs hearsay with no real facts does not count either.

Should just call you guys the "Hearsay Speculation and Assumption Law Firm Brothers".

I'm glad you wrote this because it comes to my next point. Since I posted those links as proof, that means that what I previously said prior to that, was actually not hearsay
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I dont ever come to the CL section any longer, seeing as how I don't own one anymore. Now as a member that has had/ has an 01 cl-s and an 08 335 6mt. There is no question on the BMW build quality is faaaarr better than that of the CL. As for the speed, handling, etc. the 335 is MILES BETTER than the CL-S. I had AEM CAI, OBX headers, Hi flow cat, HKS exhaust, and Dyno tuned EMS. and when my 335 was bone stock it would run circles around my cl-s. Also if you think an entry level luxury car is the best thing since sliced bread you have a lot of maturing to do. THe cl-s IS NOT A SPORTS CAR. My Cl-S had less than 100k when I sold it and was on my 5 tranny. Not good build quality in any form of the imagination. My First one went out in < 30k miles. I also had the comptech tranny cooler and had it constantly looked at by my boy who was a tech at my local Acura dealer. I have never had a single issue with my 335 in 3 years. The only official sports car in the acura line up was the Teg Type-R and the NSX, other than those they were nice cars with a some what sporty feel, but not a sports car. Im sure you will prob try to me for this post.. That seems to be your attitude with anyone who doesn't agree with you, then you go and report them to a mod because you don't have thick enough skin to take criticism. At least that what I see from reading your posts.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by evilone
I dont ever come to the CL section any longer, seeing as how I don't own one anymore. Now as a member that has had/ has an 01 cl-s and an 08 335 6mt. There is no question on the BMW build quality is faaaarr better than that of the CL. As for the speed, handling, etc. the 335 is MILES BETTER than the CL-S. I had AEM CAI, OBX headers, Hi flow cat, HKS exhaust, and Dyno tuned EMS. and when my 335 was bone stock it would run circles around my cl-s. Also if you think an entry level luxury car is the best thing since sliced bread you have a lot of maturing to do. THe cl-s IS NOT A SPORTS CAR. My Cl-S had less than 100k when I sold it and was on my 5 tranny. Not good build quality in any form of the imagination. My First one went out in < 30k miles. I also had the comptech tranny cooler and had it constantly looked at by my boy who was a tech at my local Acura dealer. I have never had a single issue with my 335 in 3 years. The only official sports car in the acura line up was the Teg Type-R and the NSX, other than those they were nice cars with a some what sporty feel, but not a sports car. Im sure you will prob try to me for this post.. That seems to be your attitude with anyone who doesn't agree with you, then you go and report them to a mod because you don't have thick enough skin to take criticism. At least that what I see from reading your posts.
No flaming here. You have some good points, especially about the tranny. The only flaw in your argument was the fact that you're comparing build quality to a car that's 7 years newer. I'm sure the build quality when comparing an '01 CL to an '01 BMW is very comparable. Not to mention you're comparing an NA car to a FI car. Your stock 2008 335 would run circles around most cars that were released in 2001 lol. Now add a blower to the CL and you have a different story.
All things considered I like the build quality of the '03 6spd I have inside and out. Even in 2011 it doesn't look like it's an 8 year old car when clean and kept up. The 335 is nice though and one of the cars I'm considering since I plan on upgrading soon but I'll always keep the CL.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by evilone
Wow, great post from someone with FIRSTHAND experiance with both cars! None of that "well my bro, buddy , or I know a guy or 5 guys with said car!"
If you have to start your reply with "I know a guy" or "My friend / hommie/ bro/ boyfriend or I heard from a guy in the dollar general parking lot" then you should not try to argue a point based your replie. If you want to make a valid factuall point then maybe JUST MAYBE you might want to do a little more research!

I ripped this forum rule off of another forum.

NEVER, ever say "prove," never say "this is how it is," and never say anything that indicates that you absolutely KNOW that your apparently irrefutable opinion is truth. Facts do not PROVE, they SUPPORT. Better word choices include: support, point toward, indicate, provide evidence, signify, connote, and illustrate.

I know Im guilty of the "Prove It". SEE THE BOLD PARTS SIMON AND JACOB SEE THE BOLD PART. SEE THE BOLD PART? SEE THE BOLD PART!!!!??!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Wow, great post from someone with FIRSTHAND experiance with both cars! None of that "well my bro, buddy , or I know a guy or 5 guys with said car!"
If you have to start your reply with "I know a guy" or "My friend / hommie/ bro/ boyfriend or I heard from a guy in the dollar general parking lot" then you should not try to argue a point based your replie. If you want to make a valid factuall point then maybe JUST MAYBE you might want to do a little more research!

I ripped this forum rule off of another forum.

NEVER, ever say "prove," never say "this is how it is," and never say anything that indicates that you absolutely KNOW that your apparently irrefutable opinion is truth. Facts do not PROVE, they SUPPORT. Better word choices include: support, point toward, indicate, provide evidence, signify, connote, and illustrate.

I know Im guilty of the "Prove It". SEE THE BOLD PARTS SIMON AND JACOB SEE THE BOLD PART. SEE THE BOLD PART? SEE THE BOLD PART!!!!??!
Uhm, I had first hand experience with both cars with a fully modded (HBP Supercharged CLS-6), and before she comes back in here claiming "I'm not comparing the auto!!!" I'll leave my first post here. Then again, she moved the goal post about 20 times in this thread and goes off tangents all the time.

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
I've owned two CL-S6's... one fully modded (Forced Induction, coils, sways, BBK 13 flat @ 110 mph) and I will say the 335 handles better stock than the upgraded suspension CL-S and just maybe a hair slower in stock form then my CLS with a High Boost Pulley. This was well over 10k close to 15k in upgrades, so no, your logic is false. A CL with just mufflers will still be nearly a second behind in the 1/4 and 335i's are much easier to get off the line.

Last edited by JBlueCLS6; 05-31-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CL-Future
No flaming here. You have some good points, especially about the tranny. The only flaw in your argument was the fact that you're comparing build quality to a car that's 7 years newer. I'm sure the build quality when comparing an '01 CL to an '01 BMW is very comparable. Not to mention you're comparing an NA car to a FI car. Your stock 2008 335 would run circles around most cars that were released in 2001 lol. Now add a blower to the CL and you have a different story.
All things considered I like the build quality of the '03 6spd I have inside and out. Even in 2011 it doesn't look like it's an 8 year old car when clean and kept up. The 335 is nice though and one of the cars I'm considering since I plan on upgrading soon but I'll always keep the CL.

A blower on a CLS-6 with headers and exhaust would most likely get a 335 on a roll. On a dig though, a 35' would get a good jump on it do to rwd with fat tires which is why it gets it in the quarter. Most practical races on the street are usually from a roll though, where a blown CL-S would come out on top with the right driver

Also, keep in mind that the 335 needs fi to beat a stock n/a cls-6. There are no non-M series entry level bimmers that are n/a that can beat a stock cls6, even in the quarter. The 5-series is the only one that could be debatable, but it's motor is a v8, which is an unfair comparison, it also might not be entry level as well.

Last edited by Jacobpockros; 05-31-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned

Uhm, I had first hand experience with both cars with a fully modded (HBP Supercharged CLS-6), and before she comes back in here claiming "I'm not comparing the auto!!!" I'll leave my first post here. Then again, she moved the goal post about 20 times in this thread and goes off tangents all the time.
It's hard to know whether your not just saying that the 3 was still faster from a roll.

When you had your last bf, and found your new bf, do you really think you looked back and said your old one was better? Of course you didn't, that's how human minds work. Once someone gets rid of a car, (in your case unexpectedly since your car got totaled), they will naturally say their new car is better in every way because that's what they currently have.

Last edited by Jacobpockros; 05-31-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

A blower on a CLS-6 with headers and exhaust would most likely get a 335 on a roll. On a dig though, a 35' would get a good jump on it do to rwd with fat tires which is why it gets it in the quarter. Most practical races on the street are usually from a roll though, where a blown CL-S would come out on top with the right driver

Also, keep in mind that the 335 needs fi to beat a stock n/a cls-6. There are no non-M series entry level bimmers that are n/a that can beat a stock cls6, even in the quarter. The 5-series is the only one that could be debatable, but it's motor is a v8, which is an unfair comparison, it also might not be entry level as well.
Sigh.... do you ever think/research before you write?

For reference purposes before reading on

A 2003 Acura CL-S
0-60 - 5.9
1/4 - 14.5 @ 95 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 167 feet

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...w_330ci_page_3

Same year cars tested at the same time. From the article

"For openers, the BMW has a minuscule edge in performance (0.1 second to 60, 0.2 in the quarter, and the already noted advantage in braking and lane changing). "

Keep in Mind the BMW had 225hp/215tq

Another good point from the article

"after three years, are expected to retain a residual value of 59 percent of the original price for the BMW and 51 percent for the Acura."

So the BMW would retain its value better as well

Another from 2003 so you can't claim the Newer car excuse.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...kage-road_test

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 15.3 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.3 sec @ 97 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 158 ft

this was rated at 235/222

So 2 3-series from 2003 (these are entry level BMW's) that had smaller engines and lower output in power that still were faster.

Now go ahead and move the goal post again. And these are only straight line performance numbers. the CL-S performs plenty worse when we also consider braking and slalom.

Now where will you place this next?

Last edited by JBlueCLS6; 06-01-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
The future of America Please don't lump me in with the likes of Gingervitis and SimonCLS6. Thanks.

The CL-S is a great car but the 335i is just in another league. Why was this thread even made? For self-reinforcement? And another thing, racing from a roll is stupid.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

And since this WAS about the 335i

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t/specs_page_2

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.8 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 26.1 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 145 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 157 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.89 g

Yeah... you sure kept up with mufflers as your only mod (that gains at best 1-2 hp) to a car thats over a second faster then you in the 60 (1.1 seconds which is a HUGE margin) and 1 second and 10 mph faster then you at the 1/4.

Game-Set-Darwin
Old 06-01-2011, 01:35 AM

And since this WAS about the 335i

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t/specs_page_2

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 11.8 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 26.1 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 145 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 157 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.89 g

Yeah... you sure kept up with mufflers as your only mod (that gains at best 1-2 hp) to a car thats over a second faster then you in the 60 (1.1 seconds which is a HUGE margin) and 1 second and 10 mph faster then you at the 1/4.

Game-Set-Darwin
I don't think it's that.... I could put my mom in a Gallardo and I would still beat her from a dig in a V6 Camry.

People say you can put a blower on the CL-S.... well you can spend $500 on a JB3 for the 335i and get 75 whp/100 wtq. lol. There really isn't anything impressive about beating a bone-stock car unless it's an absolute beast.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,392 Likes on 4,937 Posts
Originally Posted by Costco
There really isn't anything impressive about beating a bone-stock car unless it's an absolute beast.
Shhhh! Dont let the fanboys hear you say that!

All hail the CL!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Shhhh! Dont let the fanboys hear you say that!

All hail the CL!
But, but but... I gutted and stripped my 3-cylinder Geo Metro, put intake/exhaust/header including my power tornado intake and I beat a stock, "low mileage" (60k) CL-S 6-speed from a roll! Helen Keller was driving the CL, but still.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned

Sigh.... do you ever think/research before you write?

For reference purposes before reading on

A 2003 Acura CL-S
0-60 - 5.9
1/4 - 14.5 @ 95 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 167 feet

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...w_330ci_page_3

Same year cars tested at the same time. From the article

"For openers, the BMW has a minuscule edge in performance (0.1 second to 60, 0.2 in the quarter, and the already noted advantage in braking and lane changing). "

Keep in Mind the BMW had 225hp/215tq

Another good point from the article

"after three years, are expected to retain a residual value of 59 percent of the original price for the BMW and 51 percent for the Acura."

So the BMW would retain its value better as well

Another from 2003 so you can't claim the Newer car excuse.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...kage-road_test

Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 15.3 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.3 sec @ 97 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 158 ft

this was rated at 235/222

So 2 3-series from 2003 (these are entry level BMW's) that had smaller engines and lower output in power that still were faster.

Now go ahead and move the goal post again. And these are only straight line performance numbers. the CL-S performs plenty worse when we also consider braking and slalom.

Now where will you place this next?

Your wrong to hell. You don't think stock CLS-6's run faster than 14.5? I know of at least 2 different stock CLS-6's that have broken 14.3's stock, so yes, they are the faster car. Not just that, but there are extreme variations in driving/launching methods for the CL since it's fwd. You think a fatass motor trend journalist who has not seen the car for more than a day ultimately holds the fasted 1/4 mile time for the car? Guess again. I have even personally raced 3 330ci's and took them both down by more than a car length when I was stock. Keep in mind that one of journalists couldn't even hit more than a 14.5 with a blower'd CLS-6 because he sucked so bad. I'm sure you can even attest that it's a garbage boloney time compared to what you (someone who owned it) ran. As for the 330ci goes, it's a MUCH easier car to launch and there are far less ways to fuck up or hinder a 1/4 mile time.

If you want proof to these things, I have automotive articles saved that express them.

Last edited by Jacobpockros; 06-01-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM

And there it is!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 AM

This is just plain sad. Is anyone that delusional?

Someone please tell me he's just trolling us all. If so, he's really good. If not, I weep for the future of America.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Banned

I have also seen posts on here of owners allegedly saying they have ran stock cls-6's into the 14.2's. There was even one person that hit a 14 flat with just different tires
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
And there it is!
Boom!

I think the guy in the bottom left corner is related to him! Looks like him!

Last edited by CH46ESeaKnight; 06-01-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 AM

Boom!

I think the third pic under his is related to him!
it really works! I just tried it and OH MY GAWD
Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Old 06-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Banned

it really works! I just tried it and OH MY GAWD
No, not true. Just tried it and this is what really shows up:

I like your effort though. It will give you something to dream about when your sleeping.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 AM

I like your effort though. It will give you something to dream about when your sleeping.
played like a fiddle.

you actually searched for it to make sure you didn't show up in the results? AND made an effort to show everyone else?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

That is effin STELLAR!

Hey is that your first CLS that you totalled, up under that truck? Let me guess, you were pulling on a new Bugatti Veyron when all the sudden some bread truck pulled out in front of you?

By the way, just so you know, a BMW 335I will lay waste to your car. Both of them! Just in case you did not know that. Did not know if you did or not!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 AM

I spy a naked woman in the image results.

Thats a bannable offense!

Post reported!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Banned

That is effin STELLAR!

Hey is that your first CLS that you totalled, up under that truck? Let me guess, you were pulling on a new Bugatti Veyron when all the sudden some bread truck pulled out in front of you?

By the way, just so you know, a BMW 335I will lay waste to your car. Both of them! Just in case you did not know that. Did not know if you did or not!
Actually no, it was an SSC Ultimate Aero TT. My vtec button was jammed though so he got me by half a car. Not just that but I had my Azine stickers off and getting refurbished, otherwise I would have got him by half a car.

I have raced 335's before and they have not taken me by more than a car and a half. I have even beat one before (the one I'm about to post), but I admit he probably wasn't the best driver:

Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Lives in Boost

I don't think it's that.... I could put my mom in a Gallardo and I would still beat her from a dig in a V6 Camry.

People say you can put a blower on the CL-S.... well you can spend $500 on a JB3 for the 335i and get 75 whp/100 wtq. lol. There really isn't anything impressive about beating a bone-stock car unless it's an absolute beast.
The point wasn't which mod was more effective. It was the fact that Evil was comparing a FI car to an NA car, not to mention the fact that the FI car is 7 years newer AND has more HP, so yeah, I threw the blower out there to try to even things up power wise....

I think everyone who's owned a CL knows how frustrating it is to mod the car and squeeze any power out of it compared to other more mod-friendly cars out there...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

Your wrong to hell. You don't think stock CLS-6's run faster than 14.5? I know of at least 2 different stock CLS-6's that have broken 14.3's stock, so yes, they are the faster car. Not just that, but there are extreme variations in driving/launching methods for the CL since it's fwd. You think a fatass motor trend journalist who has not seen the car for more than a day ultimately holds the fasted 1/4 mile time for the car? Guess again. I have even personally raced 3 330ci's and took them both down by more than a car length when I was stock. Keep in mind that one of journalists couldn't even hit more than a 14.5 with a blower'd CLS-6 because he sucked so bad. I'm sure you can even attest that it's a garbage boloney time compared to what you (someone who owned it) ran. As for the 330ci goes, it's a MUCH easier car to launch and there are far less ways to fuck up or hinder a 1/4 mile time.

If you want proof to these things, I have automotive articles saved that express them.
Sigh.... And you don't think other owners of the 330's posted faster times themselves?

This was the most fair comparison as the times that the STOCK Acura CL is right in line with the majority of other industry standards (From other magazines and several magazines actually ran high 14's low 15's)/ as well as the performance numbers Acura published.

I can post several other forums where they say the 330 runs 14.2-14.5 with a decent driver, to a 14 flat.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=969571

Last post in that thread.

But reality is this (which a fanboi like you could never accept because your CL is so superduper fast - I forsee YOU totalling another one wrapped around a tree), the test was the best measuring stick possible considering both cars were tested on same day and ran the numbers that most standards indicate. But keep pulling shit out of your ass and moving that goal post.

Last edited by JBlueCLS6; 06-01-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by CL-Future
The point wasn't which mod was more effective. It was the fact that Evil was comparing a FI car to an NA car, not to mention the fact that the FI car is 7 years newer AND has more HP, so yeah, I threw the blower out there to try to even things up power wise....

I think everyone who's owned a CL knows how frustrating it is to mod the car and squeeze any power out of it compared to other more mod-friendly cars out there...
And the other point made was that this was a comparison that shouldn't have been made in the first place. But since it's too late for that....

It is impressive for a 9-year old car to keep up with a modern one, especially with FI and there's definitely a ceiling when it comes to performance with FWD and the limited aftermarket for the J-series but ultimately brownie points don't mean anything in the win/loss column.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Lives in Boost

It is impressive for a 9-year old car to keep up with a modern one, especially with FI and there's definitely a ceiling when it comes to performance with FWD and the limited aftermarket for the J-series but ultimately brownie points don't mean anything in the win/loss column.
Agreed