Close encounters of the Police Kind

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 04:44 PM
Nosferatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close encounters of the Police Kind

Well, looks like I had my police encounter (lot's of those on here now huh?) It was with my GTX. I was on the way to work and there was a 3 car pile-up (bad!) blocking all 3 lanes of traffic. Cops were letting cars go by on the shoulder. After 45 minutes of traffic (normal commute to work is about 20 minutes TOTAL time, today was about 60 minutes) I reach the wreck and beyond it the expressway is clear. I accelerate up to 75 (55zone) and see a black suburban in the left lane. I reach him and the guy is going 55 in the left lane. I switch to the middle and the guy floors it and prevents me from passing him(car about 3 lengths up in middle.) Right was clear so I went in the right lane and floored it passing him and the middle car and switching over (using signal back to the left) I slow back down to 75 and the truck flies back and my butt and is riding VERY close! I looked in the truck and it's some middle aged guy, nothing interesting. I then nail it to get him off my rear and he fades about 1/4 mile back as I hit about 95. I look back in my mirror as I slow down and he's barrelling toward me WITH LIGHTS FLASHING!!!! I just freaked! I started to pull over with him behind me and as soon as I was about to pull in the left shoulder he stayed in the middle lane, shut off his lights and gunned it and gave me a wave! I sat there stunned for a sec and got off at my exit, which was approaching. I couldn't believe he didn't stop me! He could have easily got me for 40+ over the limit, passing on the right, etc. etc.... I guess I got lucky. He probably understood I was a little agitated since he was stuck in that same traffic as me and did that just to get me to slow up a bit. thank god for nice cops....

------------------
Andrew S.
2000 Dark Forest Green GTP/GTX
14.413@95.03

My Mod Page

2001 San Marino Red Acura 3.2 CL Type S
* No Mods Yet, though planned *
Old 01-29-2001, 04:49 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vampyre:
Well, looks like I had my police encounter (lot's of those on here now huh?) It was with my GTX. I was on the way to work and there was a 3 car pile-up (bad!) blocking all 3 lanes of traffic. Cops were letting cars go by on the shoulder. After 45 minutes of traffic (normal commute to work is about 20 minutes TOTAL time, today was about 60 minutes) I reach the wreck and beyond it the expressway is clear. I accelerate up to 75 (55zone) and see a black suburban in the left lane. I reach him and the guy is going 55 in the left lane. I switch to the middle and the guy floors it and prevents me from passing him(car about 3 lengths up in middle.) Right was clear so I went in the right lane and floored it passing him and the middle car and switching over (using signal back to the left) I slow back down to 75 and the truck flies back and my butt and is riding VERY close! I looked in the truck and it's some middle aged guy, nothing interesting. I then nail it to get him off my rear and he fades about 1/4 mile back as I hit about 95. I look back in my mirror as I slow down and he's barrelling toward me WITH LIGHTS FLASHING!!!! I just freaked! I started to pull over with him behind me and as soon as I was about to pull in the left shoulder he stayed in the middle lane, shut off his lights and gunned it and gave me a wave! I sat there stunned for a sec and got off at my exit, which was approaching. I couldn't believe he didn't stop me! He could have easily got me for 40+ over the limit, passing on the right, etc. etc.... I guess I got lucky. He probably understood I was a little agitated since he was stuck in that same traffic as me and did that just to get me to slow up a bit. thank god for nice cops....
</font>
what do u think is faster the gtp or the type s??

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/more to come..
Old 01-29-2001, 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vampyre:
He probably understood I was a little agitated since he was stuck in that same traffic as me and did that just to get me to slow up a bit. thank god for nice cops....

</font>
You mean there's signs of intelligent life?

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Blue Sub 6
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832
Old 01-29-2001, 10:52 PM
Race Director

This has happened to me several times by what appeared to be police detectives/sergeants. Some might not even have ticket books or just don't have the time to pull you over. But the lights do come on out of nowhere. One did pull me over and threaten to call a marked unit to the scene if I didn't stop tailgating him.

You never know where the police are.

BTW, it's pretty scarey after the incident is over, isn't it?

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-29-2001, 11:34 PM
Number 37

I had a cop pull up next to me in phoenix in his own car but in uniform. I was doing 85 in a 55 and he waved his hand for me to slow down. He just kept going... phew!!!

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks
Old 01-29-2001, 11:54 PM
Team Owner

black suburban huh ???

I would guess it was the FEDS and they had better things to do than issue you a ticket.
They were just screwing with you.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-30-2001, 12:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
black suburban huh ???

I would guess it was the FEDS and they had better things to do than issue you a ticket.
They were just screwing with you.

Shawn S

</font>
Yep...I Would have to agree with Shawn! Either that or some guy that hooked his car up with flashing lights. One of my friends did that to his old camry It was pretty funny actually

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-30-2001, 12:44 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Yeah, probably some bored fu^king jerk with lights in his car, w i e r d o ' s on the road !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-30-2001, 03:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
Yeah, probably some bored fu^king jerk with lights in his car, w i e r d o ' s on the road !

</font>
agreed... i think it's more likely you had some jerk with his lights rigged try to scare you.
my friends and i have done that dozens of times... only exception is that he borrowed his dads' unmarked cruiser!

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics! pw: pic
Old 01-30-2001, 12:02 PM
Nosferatu

Well, I know it wasn't the feds as it wasn't federal government plates, seen plenty of those around Chicago and saw the secret service suburbans in Minneapolis Airport when Gore was there. I don't think it was an undercover cop anymore, nor do I think it was just some jerk with lights rigged up. The guy was in his 40's I'd say and when he went by he wasn't laughing, heck wasn't even smiling. I'd say from the glimpse of his plate, he was probably a volunteer fire-fighter or paramedic since they have a lot of those in the surrounding area. I know they install flashing lights in you car if you are a volunteer.

------------------
Andrew S.
2000 Dark Forest Green GTP/GTX
14.413@95.03

My Mod Page

2001 San Marino Red Acura 3.2 CL Type S
* No Mods Yet, though planned *