CL-S Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL-S Mods

Hey everyone, first post for me although I have been reading for awhile.
I have a question about mods for the CL-S. I currently have no mods but would like to start getting some. Aside from handling improvement, which I am fairly familiar with, what are all of the options for horsepower gains? I have seen the headers, a new air filter and a cold air intake. I have seen several people mention pulleys... What are they referring to? What kind of performance gain do you get? Where do you purchase?
In addition, is there any kind of chip available for the CL-S?
Thanks in advance for any help!

------------------
Pete Pills
Old 02-15-2001, 06:46 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,

There's currently no advertised chip for the CL-S; however, I believe one of the members on this board had a customed one from JET...was it Goldn1 or Shawn?

As for the pullies, all cars have them. It's the pulley (wheel) that you see next to the engine, on the passenger side as you lift up the hood on the CL-S. This pulley along with others beneath it provides power to run the accessories, as well as charging the battery. These pullies are heavy and contribute to the parasitic drag that robs the engine of its potential power. AEM is currently designing one for the CL-P & S. The aftermarket pullies have larger diameter and lighter, thus turning at a slower rate and allowing some of the engine's power to be free. On a V6, the gain may not be as substantial as a 4 cyl, but someone on this board mentioned that his friend's Accord V6 gained 6-10 HP across the board while using the GTECH to measure gains.

I had a set for my Lude Si. The engine revs quicker and is more responsive. My gain was 5 HP across the board.

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs