The CL S Jones

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CL S Jones

For all of you anal retentive CL S owners that complain about what you WISH your type S could do or a tiny squeak coming from the dashboard or a crack in the leather on your seats - here's my story:

A while back I had to have the air mixture control motor replaced on my CL S, so I had to go back to the American dealership where I got it from since it was under extended warranty. They ended up having to take the car to an ACURA dealership - MY dealership where I've always taken my CL2.2 - to get the job done but they (American dealership) didn't bother to tell me this little tidbit until I got a call from ACURA. BTW, my dealership stuck me with a:

2006 Cheverolet Impala

When I got inside the car I immediately began to feel like :killer:

The seats were flat and boring with no type of support whatsoEVER. I would've been more comfortable on a park bench. The instrumentation cluster was BORING. the temperature and radio controls were BORING. The interior? BORING. About 5 minutes into driving this grannymobile this damn thing DING, DING, DINGS me to death, demanding that I put my seatbelt on.

That AC/DELCO sounding stereo system sounded really nice at low decibels - there was decent bass but when I turned it up it just sounded like a LOUDER version of the same damn thing at low volume. Okay, so I'm thinking to myself this thing has GOT to at least have a little pick up - WRONG. I hit the accelerator and got a squirt of power and then it just flattened out like a mug of beer left out on the counter for 3 days.

It took me about 3 hours to figure out all the controls - everything looked the SAME. I started missing my CL S so much I just drove up to the dealership to see how they were doing with my car. I'm at the counter and I ask for my car. The manager tells me it's going to take another 2 days for the part to come, then he asks "What did they give you?" He has this look on his face like he's waiting for the punchline to a joke. I almost cried when I pulled the clunky keys out of my pocket and said "A damn Impala." He laughed his ass off and shook his head. I asked him with such a pitiful, wounded voice if he had any cars to loan and he responds "Naah, man, sorry, I'm real sorry about that."

When they finally finished with my CL S the Acura dealership calls to let me know it's ready. About 5 minutes later the American dealership calls me up. The dude says "Hey BUUUUDDY your car's ready. Wanna swing on by and pick me up so we can get your car?" Ooops By that time I was already in to the Acura dealership. I scooped up my CL S and left the loaner car at Acura.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Acura isn't an American dealership?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you read his post?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Be thankful you had an impala. I had a caviler that had no power windows 1 time.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

I had a 05 honda civic 4AT no power no cruize.. Fuk that
Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by AcuracltypeS03
I had a 05 honda civic 4AT no power no cruize.. Fuk that
At least you got a Honda.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Instructor

We all have our sob stories about the junk some of these dealerships will throw you in while they're working on our rides. But what's worse is some of these dealerships that WON'T LOAN YOU A CAR AT ALL. I'm not going to call out any names of ACURA dealerships * cough, cough* (in the BIRMINGHAM and MONTGOMERY areas) but those clowns need a swift kick in the ass.

If anybody is ever in the Miami area and you're in search of a good Acura dealership Esserman Acura will hook you up like no other. 9 times out of 10 they'll have your car in and out in no time flat. And they will ALWAYS detail the living sh!t out of your car. Once they even found some lose change, my favorite pin, the original valet key and reciepts I thought I'd never see again! If they ever needed my car for a few days they would ALWAYS hook me up with an Integra (years ago) or RSX or an ACURA car not some piece of shit FORD or CHEVEROLET. They will call you right up the second your car is ready whereas with some other dealerships you have to chase THEM down. Tell em' the USURPER sent ya!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:19 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dad got a brand new TL/navi for a loaner and i got a nice TSX last time....maybe because we have given them service for quite some time now. so maybe its a case of past experience or the fact hes a lawyer
Old 12-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^ I dunno, I've always got a cake car...
Same deal when I took care of the Benz.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
At least you got a Honda.
slo as shit
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by AcuracltypeS03
slo as shit
So's the AT TSX I've always gotten as loaners. Regardless, it's still a nice car, it just needs a J32.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

I like the NSX for a loaner..
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM
B A N N E D

the best ive gotten was 2006 tsx at.

worst ford taurus..
Old 12-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
My last was a ford taurus...lol...
Old 12-09-2006, 02:07 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I've never had any service other than warranty work at a dealer. Not even so much as an oil change. My car has had to have lots of warranty work and here are my loaner cars:

2005 PWP TSX AT
2005 SSM TSX AT
2005 MR TSX AT
2006 NBP TSX-NAVI AT
2005 SSM RL (yes, 2 weeks)
2005 SSM TL AT
2006 AGM TL-NAVI AT
Old 12-09-2006, 04:05 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We had a Neon rental yesterday with 40000 miles on it. We took it out to my farm for some drifting fun. the hand brake does not work as well as it did when we picked it up if you know what I mean.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
I've never had any service other than warranty work at a dealer. Not even so much as an oil change. My car has had to have lots of warranty work and here are my loaner cars:

2005 PWP TSX AT
2005 SSM TSX AT
2005 MR TSX AT
2006 NBP TSX-NAVI AT
2005 SSM RL (yes, 2 weeks)
2005 SSM TL AT
2006 AGM TL-NAVI AT

F-U
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone at 18 should not be complaining about what kind of rental you got, in most cases you're lucky to get one.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

19 Actually
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

19 Actually
Old 12-09-2006, 04:01 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would not hand the keys to anything other than a neon or a beater to anyone under 21. You are lucky.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Instructor

"here ya go kid. The keys to a 1987 Yugo Sport. Try to return it with the gas needle at the same place it was when you picked it up."
Old 12-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by USURPER
"here ya go kid. The keys to a 1987 Yugo Sport. Try to return it with the gas needle at the same place it was when you picked it up."
Ok so you guys going to try me now
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 519 Likes on 295 Posts
My dealer wasn't doing loaners when i first got the car.. so i was the privileged driver for a Kia from Hertz.

I had one once for 2 weeks almost while my tranny was being replaced, I wanted to pickup some Autozone spinner wheel covers and chrome door accents so bad..

Fun times, i can't wait till the cl breaks down again, and I can crank up the bass and blast it cruizin around the local stores..
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
when i had my trans replaced i got an auto tsx. try as i might i could never spin the wheels.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by Mike
when i had my trans replaced i got an auto tsx. try as i might i could never spin the wheels.
I never could on any of my TSX loaners either. We even raced one of our AT TSX loaners (05) against our 98 Camry four-cylinder! The Camry lost but not by a lot. 0-65ish. Yet, if you visit the TSX forum here they will have you believe the TSX can give the TL a run. I always when I read posts on that forum.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Reasons why the 2006 Chevrolet Impala is a great car for senior citizens:

1). Automatic locking/unlocking door locks: When you put the car in drive the doors automatically lock. When you put the car in park the doors will automatically unlock. Now, if a person were in their 70's and had alzheimer's disease or short term memory loss I could see how thei would be a useful accessory. Seeing as both of my hands and my memory are fully functional I'd rather lock and unlock my own doors thank you. Otherwise, this accessory is redundant.

2). Radio stays on with ignition off: The radio stays on after turning the ignition off and taking the key out of the ignition. The radio doesn't turn off until you open the door. And this accesory would be great for what? Nothing. Once again, if I were 70-years-old and wanted to listen to the radio for a minute with the car off and not want to leave the keys in the ignition this would be a great accessory. Seeing as I've never left my keys in the ignition this is yet another worthless accessory.

3). Steering column gear shift: The last car I drove with the shifter on the column was a 1980 Buick Century when I was 16. I've owned several cars since then and every last one of them had the gearshift in the floor. For the entire two weeks that I had this peice of garbage for a loaner I kept reaching for the floor only to grab air. That was aggrevating as fuck! To make matters worse the gear indicator was OFF - you think you're in drive but you're really in neutral. You think you're in reverse but it's still in park. This is the kind of bullshit that happens in an early 70's to early 80's car. You'd think they got this damn thing right in the 21st century but they didn't. Once again, this is a great accessory for senior citizens that grew up with cars that manual and automatic gears on the steering column.

4). Seatbelt warning bell: This is an aggrevating precaution in GM and Ford cars. Yet again another accessory that would be great for senior citizens with short memory loss. However, I don't need to be coerced into wearing my seatbelts. If I want to wear them I know perfectly well how to put them on.

5). Daytime running lights: Perfect senior citizen item. Worthless for people that don't have a bad habit of leaving their lights on. Otherwise this is a stupid accessory. If I want to turn my lights on I know perfectly well where the light switch is. Many cars already have a warning bell to let a person know if they left their lights on when they try to exit the door.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
When I had my tranny swapped they had to stick me with an Enterprise POS. I drove it home and used it to jump start my Maxima. And the next time I drove it was to pick my CL nack up.

Other than that, they have always given me a TSX.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
When I had my tranny swapped they had to stick me with an Enterprise POS. I drove it home and used it to jump start my Maxima. And the next time I drove it was to pick my CL nack up.

Other than that, they have always given me a TSX.

Oh wow, Enterprise sucks. TWICE I was stuck in a damn Ford Festiva-looking peice of garbage. I felt like I was sitting in my old high school locker when I was driving this little cat litter box. Roll up windows, shitty stereo, paper thin seats, plastic everywhere. The worst thing about this car is if you floor it the thing will sit there for about 30 seconds, then scream like it was pushed down a steep hill, and surge forward for about 15 seconds and upshift back into 3rd or 4th gear or whatever. You could actually hear the road passing underneath the car. This little thing actually got worse gas mileage than my CL2.2!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by USURPER
Reasons why the 2006 Chevrolet Impala is a great car for senior citizens:

1). Automatic locking/unlocking door locks: When you put the car in drive the doors automatically lock. When you put the car in park the doors will automatically unlock. Now, if a person were in their 70's and had alzheimer's disease or short term memory loss I could see how thei would be a useful accessory. Seeing as both of my hands and my memory are fully functional I'd rather lock and unlock my own doors thank you. Otherwise, this accessory is redundant.

2). Radio stays on with ignition off: The radio stays on after turning the ignition off and taking the key out of the ignition. The radio doesn't turn off until you open the door. And this accesory would be great for what? Nothing. Once again, if I were 70-years-old and wanted to listen to the radio for a minute with the car off and not want to leave the keys in the ignition this would be a great accessory. Seeing as I've never left my keys in the ignition this is yet another worthless accessory.

3). Steering column gear shift: The last car I drove with the shifter on the column was a 1980 Buick Century when I was 16. I've owned several cars since then and every last one of them had the gearshift in the floor. For the entire two weeks that I had this peice of garbage for a loaner I kept reaching for the floor only to grab air. That was aggrevating as fuck! To make matters worse the gear indicator was OFF - you think you're in drive but you're really in neutral. You think you're in reverse but it's still in park. This is the kind of bullshit that happens in an early 70's to early 80's car. You'd think they got this damn thing right in the 21st century but they didn't. Once again, this is a great accessory for senior citizens that grew up with cars that manual and automatic gears on the steering column.

4). Seatbelt warning bell: This is an aggrevating precaution in GM and Ford cars. Yet again another accessory that would be great for senior citizens with short memory loss. However, I don't need to be coerced into wearing my seatbelts. If I want to wear them I know perfectly well how to put them on.

5). Daytime running lights: Perfect senior citizen item. Worthless for people that don't have a bad habit of leaving their lights on. Otherwise this is a stupid accessory. If I want to turn my lights on I know perfectly well where the light switch is. Many cars already have a warning bell to let a person know if they left their lights on when they try to exit the door.
Glad to see that Crippler22 now has you singing the praises of the Impala