CL-S cursed for dings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL-S cursed for dings?

OK, so I got my CL-S back in May~June of 2000. Silver, with wing and navi. I paid probably higher then most of you here :-( (37k ... with finance and 10k down all it came down was ~$42,700)

I keep getting dings all the time. Someone would always hit my rear bumper and front bumper some how. Someone finally hit my car on my drive to an acura meet and it cost my insurance $8k to fix it. The alignment has not been so good since then... until I recently found a really good guy for it at wheel works "James of Wheel Works in SUnnyvale on ElCamino" and currently my right front tire is at 1.5degrees compared to my right left tire at 2.0 degrees...

I have 2.0/1.5 and perfect is 2.0/2.3... he said he can do this by cutting the caster sleeve to ajust the caster which would give me the 2.0/2.3 perfect alignment.

I've got pebles of rocks hitting my car which have chipped my paint all over.... my front bumper is f'ed up again with paint peeling because I hit the front while parking it to one of those stops in parkings in the ground. The SF muni rail hit my rear bumper ... I got some major dings from shopping carts or other doors on my right and left doors and body... something out of the sky fell on top of my hood and dented two parts... one actually chipped the paint too...

I was racing and I got cut off really badly so I had to drive opposite direction otherwise I'd hit the upcomming island... so I hit the pole and my mirror fell out... 40bucks for new mirror... and 84 bucks for the parts inside it... now I got to buff it out to make it look nice.

this also bent my 18" Ace Spade HyperBlack rims (the front two) had them rotated to the back. I also got a flat tire on one of my potenza S-02 tires 245/40/18ZR's which now go for around 370 bucks each... I just used warannty to get new S-03 235/40 and got 3 other S-03's all around...

now I'm stuck with my car and all these dings and issues... I got about 30k on it so far.

I really really miss stick, this car is too big and too wide to park anywhere, and it's just draining all of my money. It seems no matter how much money I put into it, a little Integra or Civic can still smoke me (I know my old Civic could -- I totalled the old Civic).

Though, I don't think I can really trade this car in without loosing a lot of money. I would love to have a 1997 Mazda RX-7 in good condition... it's small, stick, and can be made to smoke any car... I see draggers pulling 7's in 1320's out of this car all the time.

I originally opted for getting a black Audi S4 with 9k turbo system with black seats that are blue in the middle in tiptronic format... but I had to wait 6months for that exact car... so I then looked at the M3's... didn't like 'em and the stats etc of the CL-S made it obvious to me that the M3 was no match.

Maybe I'm just rambling, since I've been putting so much money into this car and I don't think it's worth it. I'm just thinking of fixing all the little body damages and after that seeing how much I can get for it... any ideas?
Old 08-22-2001, 06:52 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

My best friend came up and noticed a circular ding on my right door. Look like the roomate's girlfirned has been hitting my right door in the garage.
Old 08-22-2001, 06:53 PM
Buckle Up

Why did you pay so much money for the CL-S? Damn 37k. I know the car just came out when you got it but still.
Old 08-22-2001, 06:54 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to say it, but you drive for shit, man... try to attend couple hi performance driving schools, park your car aways from cars, keep it clean, waxed, and learn how to park.....

Sorry, but I was so sad to hear you blame your self-induced problems on the car....
Old 08-22-2001, 06:58 PM
Moo
Pro

The paint on the TL/CLs really suck. Wow ... that's alot of problems you encountered. Think you should be more careful with your car.
Old 08-22-2001, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear

Learn how to drive! You need to start parking farther out in the parking lots and quit running into things. I don't see how you can complain about the CL-S being cursed when it seems to be you running into crap.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
As far as the paint chipping, the CL is known to have thin paint. I recommend a healthy layering of Zaino. (perhaps after repainting).

As far as you scratching your paint due to you smashing into things, I recommend uh.... not doing that?

There is an interesting thread called 'Parking habits' or something - I think I'll resurrect the thread since I happen to have something to add to it. Look for it - it might come in handy.