cl-s bad starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl-s bad starting

hi people im new on here i hope ill find my probleme fix tool ive got a acura cl type-s 2001 it works perfectly but last week a did a 2h of ride and then a stop and sut it off the car for about 10-15 min and i when to restart the car the car started and died 2 seconde atfer! and when a reatryed it the the same thing so i started it and before it died a engaged it and the idle one back to normale but motor whas i little roff for about 10 sec and after word never felt no deference wass like new... i will like to know what shut a check the repare thi proble becose it did the same ting last night.... by the way if the car sits for 45 min and over it whill start perfectly thanks!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Its common on our cars. I have almost the same problem but my car never died like that the idle just goes low.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's common on Hondas I've own Hondas for 15 years and they all do it. Its like there is excess fuel in the system when you shut it off, and then go to restart it and it's kind of fludded. Its very random but try before shutting off the car just letting it run for 5 sec. I would'nt worry about it..
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
it's the purge solenoid in the fuel system.

basically u are getting gas vapor in the motor when u start and not actual gas mist which is what u need to keep the motor running steadily. the purge solenoid basically rids the fuel line of the vapor and in theory will fix the issue.

this happened to me on my probe. all sorts of weird stating woes because of that damn thing
Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 PM
8th Gear

thx guys for the fast responses..... by the way sorry for the bad writhing whent to french school lol thx again!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01

basically u are getting gas vapor in the motor when u start and not actual gas mist which is what u need to keep the motor running steadily. the purge solenoid basically rids the fuel line of the vapor and in theory will fix the issue.

this happened to me on my probe. all sorts of weird stating woes because of that damn thing

so basacally what should i do? delete the purge solenoid lol?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01

might also be a bad tank of gas (or cheap gas)

i have literally seen modern fuel injected cars "vapor lock" (not really especially with a return stye fuel system, because it just all gets pushed back to the tank, especially if the pump is allowed to prime for those 3 seconds)

from the fuel soaking up so much heat from being buried under a hot intake manifold (and the owner switched gas stations, and the hard starts went away, IMAGINE THAT...)

and btw the purge solenoid HAS NOTHING TO DO with the fuel line, only thing in common with it is the gas tank (which it gets the vapors from, and the intake manifold)

but you are correct on the fact that motors do not like to run on "vapors" too well (there is more to it actually, but for a later post if necessary though), especially when designed to allow/meter liquid fuel into the intake manifold

Originally Posted by Dannymtl
so basacally what should i do? delete the purge solenoid lol?
along with the check engine light coming on too...

but try filling up at a different gas station (and normally not the cheapest either, also a higher volume station helps to make sure you get fuel blended for the current weather, since the tanks are constantly used up, and replenished, partly because the mixture is constantly tweaked for the weather forecast), and make sure to use premium fuel, since that is what is required by the owner's manual

Last edited by friesm2000; 03-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 PM
8th Gear

thats whats weird about it they no check engine on dash and i allways put premium fuel in it the only thing that im guessing is that my car was at a stupid kia dealer for a week and they field the car up and im not sure if they put some premium in it and when it was half empty after picking it up from the dealer i field it up whit premium so by doing that i might mixed the premium fuel with half of ordinary fuel SO IT MIGHT BE THAT THATS COSING ALL THAT THANKS FOR THE REPORTS so ill check my fuel system and my solenoid if its still happens thanks again!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
B A N N E D

thats whats weird about it they no check engine on dash and i allways put premium fuel in it the only thing that im guessing is that my car was at a stupid kia dealer for a week and they field the car up and im not sure if they put some premium in it and when it was half empty after picking it up from the dealer i field it up whit premium so by doing that i might mixed the premium fuel with half of ordinary fuel SO IT MIGHT BE THAT THATS COSING ALL THAT THANKS FOR THE REPORTS so ill check my fuel system and my solenoid if its still happens thanks again!
why a kia dealer

but yes more then likely they only put in the lowest grade of gas, and that can take a couple of tankfuls to clean out completely
Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM
8th Gear

ya i know lol its becose i stored it for about a 2 weeks becose of the snow down here and its sithing on low profiles tires and its about 3 inches from the floor thats why lol i know i know its kia lol i hope everry thing will be at normal after a couple of day! :P
Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
B A N N E D

ya i know lol its becose i stored it for about a 2 weeks becose of the snow down here and its sithing on low profiles tires and its about 3 inches from the floor thats why lol i know i know its kia lol i hope everry thing will be at normal after a couple of day! :P
even that time period, can play havoc with having the correct blend of fuel in the car for the current weather

so not only lower grade fuel in the car, but also old Premium fuel in it too, not exactly the best combo for gas lol
Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
just buy name brand premium gas.. and that won't be an issue.

i've lived in the same house since having a license and have gone to basically the same Shell all the time. That ensures if i have a problem i know it's not the fuel.

try running some injector cleaner... or put in one of the Octane boosters. if the gas is fouled then that may help it out.

or maybe even a fuel stabilizer or something