Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 03:53 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup
Old 11-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Instructor

just got back! until i take the time to resize and compress the rest of the pics, here's one showing the 'mirror-like quality.' Before getting CrystalGuard I had somewhat of an orange peel distortion in my reflection - but CG fixes that!

sorry the server's kinda slow... i'm shopping around for a better place

nice reflection huh? Including washing my muddy car, the entire thing took about 20 minutes. (I put on Meguiar's about 2 months ago, but I've been to the car wash about 15 times since then)

this shine is from only the maintenance product that is used to refresh your protection... one bottle that you wipe on while the car is wet - you only need to dry once!

Also, I can't really compare to Zaino as I haven't ever seen it in person yet.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Instructor

that's one clean reflection

i'll be taking some in direct sunlight soon, probably will be up tomorrow
Old 11-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Instructor

shoot - the sun's not out right now... but heres a gallery of the pics i took that Rich is hosting for me:
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=104035
Old 11-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Instructor

oops it's http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/guest
Old 11-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by Rpechler
oops it's http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/guest
Hey it tat dude in the instructional video. Looks good with the shine.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
its sure it
Old 11-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Instructor

to answer the thread's question, this is that same car - the owners' (Jim)

on the left (next to mine):

we told him about the DVD-video conversion for the Nav screen and he was sold. The shop we met at does his detailing work, but theyre a high-end custom audio shop who said they could put it in for him quick. He said he would get it done this weekend!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Instructor

^ thats a before pic ^
Old 11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by resedaruss
Diamond Jim,

Mike stated in the beginning of his test that he often gets products from manufacturers requesting that he test/sell their products.

In the case of the Crystalguard and ToughGuard products, they were both sent to him by their respective manufacturers and he tried them on his own vehicle. He did that since the highly regarded Guru Reports Wax test hadn't included them in their test of 46 car waxes.

If CG Quick is simply a maintenance product why is THAT the product you sent him to test/sell? Why didn't you send him the 3-step product in the first place?

Mike's test would have been a great place to have your 3-step product evaluated since he carries a lot of weight in the objective credibility department and has a large following of happy customers.

You stated in your 2nd paragraph that you believe "I" hadn't applied the 3-step kit. I wish to make it very clear that I had nothing to do with any of the testing other than to read the results as they were posted. I am merely interested in the results of wax testing (for my own personal decision-making processes). I don't have a vested interest in the outcome of any wax test other than wanting to use the best products on my own car.

I also don't want to use my own car as a wax-test vehicle since the application and removal of the various waxes of interest (ToughGuard, Crystalguard, Zaino, Klasse, etc.) would require too much time and effort on my part. I simply want to apply the knowledge of other, more professional detailers who have the equipment and experience to carry out an objective test.

So buying all of these products and trying them on my own car, in some kind of controlled test, is not an option I am willing to invest in.

It should also be noted that I started out with Zaino not knowing Crystalguard or ToughGuard existed. I would love it if your product could be applied once and provide the spectacular appearance my Zaino finish is providing--for years on end.

Again, I'm not going to use the chemicals needed to first prep and then apply the test waxes--and then remove them so as to find out which is best--not without first having the results proven by someone I know to be unbiased and skilled in evaluating the test results.

Steve Litscher at Guru Reports is one such person. Mike at Dynashield is another. Why don't you make them an offer to try out your 3-step product and report on it?

I am sure there are many people that would be very interested....

I didn't send Mike any product. I assume he got it online or from another party. I have been in touch with him and he said he will be re-doing the test and actually video taping it...We'll see the next time around...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Drifting

First off, let me say what it was a pleasure to meet Rpechler, Jim, and his wonderful team at Custom Exotica. They were all extrlemely friendly and a pleasure to talk with. I must say that the shop is quite nice. They do, in fact, have a Murcielago, a 360 spyder, and a Z8. Very impressive work done on the Murcielago as far as audio/visual.

Now on to the CrystalGuard review . I was a bit skeptical at first about the claims, but after spending time to see it in person, I must say I'm impressed. The shampoo that they use it very interesting. It does not "sud up" in the traditional sense that most people are accustomed to when using a soap. It rather reacts to the water and cleans off dirt and grime rather effectively. The soap is dispensed in squirt bottle that you spray on the car and rims while the car is wet and you wipe down those sections. Applying the CrystalGuard Quck is perhaps the easiest application of it's kind. It is applied by spraying onto the car while the car is still wet and just drying it down. It's a fast acting agent. There is the occasional "hazing" that you may see in sunlight, but that is easily buffed out. How the car looks like afterwards is noticeably different. Rpechler's ABP CL looked much deeper blue/purple after the CG Quick was applied. The black TL got a much more "wet" look. At night, the TL looked phenomenal for using just a spray on sealant! But it must remembered, the CG Quick is merely rather a quick fixer than an actual wax. In order to truly achieve CG's claim, you would most likely have to use EX application kit, which appears (from reading) to be the same level of difficulty and time as Zaino might be, but I can't comment too much because I did not see the EX applied as it was not demostated to us. But according to what Jim told me, one of the key things of CG Quick is that it can be used as a "repair kit" to the EX application. If there are "damaged areas" (i.e. EX got stripped or just normal wear and tear due to driving), the CG Quick is sprayed and it repairs it.

But all in all, the CG Quick seems to be a very simply way to apply some form of protection to the car's paint. It definitely doesn't hide any swirls, as it wasn't intended to anyways. I was impressed enough with it there to purchase the Maintenance Kit for my own individual testing. The cost came out to a total of about $75 with tax and all. While this may seem steep, much like Zaino, you do not need to use globs and chunks of the stuff to make it work effectively. More reviews will come as time goes on. I'll try to get pics up of redryder83's TL with CG Quick compared to my no-wax-at-the-moment CL.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Drifting

Pics are here:
http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/CrystalGuard
Old 11-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Cruisin'

If any of the local bay area CL members are interested. We would love to host an event at our shop or do a group buy-in for the EX professional coating. $100 off each for a group of 5 people or more..let me know if anyone is interested...
Old 11-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by peiqinglong
Pics are here:
http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/CrystalGuard
OUCH MAN :o !!!!

That’s SWIRL CITY on those hood shots.
Not a very good demonstration of the product.

The rest look good though.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by Shawn S

Yeah it doesn't polish from the describtion of the product.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Shawn S

to whomever had this car before i bought it...

watch out... i'm gonna get you for those swirls!!

so yeah, sorry about that... i havent taken the time to get my whole car buffed out....
Old 12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Cruisin'

If anyone is interested, CrystalGuard is offering a Xmas special of 10% off all purchases for the month of December. This would be a good time to either try the products or give them as a gift, I suppose.

Use the coupon code XMASSPECIAL