Civic Si got Smoked

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001 | 02:21 AM
Intermediate

Civic Si got Smoked

You know what I hate are these little punk kids that "Rice Out" these little Civic Si's and then try to run with the CLS. It just aint right using up my gas whipping up on them.

After that being said the other night my wife and I were out Christmas shopping and guess what gets on my butt....Thats right a Civic SI with the big Tin Can exhaust and all the "Rice" stickers on it. There were these two younger kids driving it and ofcourse they want to try me. So I tell the wife what I am about to do and after a little bitching from her it's on.

I switch off the VSA and drop it into 2nd and it's GO TIME

We were running around 35 so when he gets beside me and starts Reving the engine I am ready for him. I let him hit it first just to be nice and since after all he does have the little 4 banger. There was some traffic in front of me a little ways up there so I know that I have to be quick about this so I stomp it and start pulling away from him instantly, once in front I dart over and stay in it. At about 80 I back off of it and let him get beside me to see if he wants some more...... And you guessed it he does. So this time he has me put down the window and his friend in the passanger seat was telling me to put in the "Clutch" and rev it up What was this Cat thinking. He was so stupid that he didn't know that the CLS is an Automatic. So after telling him that its go time again. This time we were doing about 20 so this is really bad for him....1st gear this time, So when we hit it again I really starting pulling on him. I finally let off at about 90 this time and he was about ..... well ...... Lets just say way back there.

It just never fails, when I am out in the Vett I can never find anyone to whip up on but the first time out in the CLS with my wife all these dummies want to race. Must just be me and my luck.

Picks of my rides!!!
Old 11-25-2001 | 10:34 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

be careful with those Si's. I ran into one on the highway and thought it would be alittle appetizer before dinner. He was ahead so i chased after him and COULD NOT catch up. Finally pull next to him because he slowed down. Rolled down the windows and asked what mod he did because that car was not stock. He said he had supercharger put on it a while back. Granted not alot of those cars have a blower on them, but i never take a race for granted.
Old 11-26-2001 | 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zapata
be careful with those Si's. I ran into one on the highway and thought it would be alittle appetizer before dinner. He was ahead so i chased after him and COULD NOT catch up. Finally pull next to him because he slowed down. Rolled down the windows and asked what mod he did because that car was not stock. He said he had supercharger put on it a while back. Granted not alot of those cars have a blower on them, but i never take a race for granted.
I crap on the ones with SCs....
Old 11-27-2001 | 07:41 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by moomaster_99
I crap on the ones with SCs....
i hope so I've never gone head to head from a stop so i can't say but i was pretty amazed that i could'nt catch this guy. Although i didn't have the CAI and the car was brand new so that could explain why.