CD stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CD stuck

So I'd just stocked up on a bunch of new cd's to listen to on my 16 hour round-trip Memorial weekend drive ... on the way up, listening was great. But on the way home, tried to insert a new cd & it got stuck. Had to manually pull it out. After that, couldn't get the changer to load. I was able to get two cd's to eject, but then nothing else worked -- not play/load/eject etc. Just get an error message Er-E1. "See Acura dealer". Radio & tape still work.

Anyone have any ideas what might've happened & how I might fix it w/out paying them an arm & a leg?

thanks.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres a fix, get rid of that head unit and get an aftermarket one, itll be much better
Old 05-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Common problem. If the CD's are out, then you need a new HU. If CD's ares stuck there are a few threads on how to get them to unload, but as you have seen the HU is now toast.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you use burned CD's w/labels on them? The labeled CD's are a bit thicker and get stuck in the changer. I'm sure they will have to take the radio apart to fix the jam... More than likely it will be cheaper to buy a new one.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I saw a used stock radio w/code on eBay for like 80.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Lives On BOOST

Originally Posted by ernie01acura
heres a fix, get rid of that head unit and get an aftermarket one, itll be much better
my friend had the same problem w/ his 01 accord, so he swapped the oem for aftermarket and the sound quality was vastly improved
Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 PM
OG 3.x^7 rawr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had this happen to me a few times. Try this out. Take your index finger and push the slit where the CD goes into. Then hit eject. For some odd reason, this has been my fix for the stupid error message. The CD should come out and resume back to normal operation.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
try to reset it by pulling the fuse or the battery cable. get the code first.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by m733l
try to reset it by pulling the fuse or the battery cable. get the code first.
That's exactly what I did when this happened to me I reset it by pulling the fuse and it will work like normal as long as you have your radio code. Then like someone said previously you have to watch what CD's you put in if it has a thick label then it will probably get stuck so don't use those with this unit.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Racer

I'm willing to bet he stuck some burned CDs in his changer. At any rate he could have saved his CDs without having to rip them out of the unit. He may have further damaged the HU by ripping the CDs out. I had the exact same issue with my HU--in fact I started a thread about it a long time ago. It took a series of turning the car off and on daily when it finally decided to just eject all of the CDs on its own. That was nearly a year ago and I haven't had any problems since then.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
I'm willing to bet he stuck some burned CDs in his changer. At any rate he could have saved his CDs without having to rip them out of the unit. He may have further damaged the HU by ripping the CDs out. I had the exact same issue with my HU--in fact I started a thread about it a long time ago. It took a series of turning the car off and on daily when it finally decided to just eject all of the CDs on its own. That was nearly a year ago and I haven't had any problems since then.
LOL yeah the day I picked mine up from the dealer I put burned CDs in the HU w/labels on them... Man the dealer was pissed at me. they sat there for two hours with a tweezers pulling the jammed cds out... thank god my HU isnt messed up from that.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
-AZ BOSTON meet 3/15-

Im having the same problem on mine also, Im about to dump it for an after-market. I usually keep pressing ''CD'' or ''EJECT'' buttoms so many times until it spits out the cd or starts playing.....
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SPoolinspOON
I have had this happen to me a few times. Try this out. Take your index finger and push the slit where the CD goes into. Then hit eject. For some odd reason, this has been my fix for the stupid error message. The CD should come out and resume back to normal operation.
The slot "door" is stuck open right now. I'll try anyway & see.

Originally Posted by m733l
try to reset it by pulling the fuse or the battery cable. get the code first..
How do I find the right fuse to pull?

I think something's wrong w/ my electrical generally; my SRS light stays on, the drivers seat won't recline, and now this ....

Oh, and no, I think all the cd's in there were manufactured but I have used burned cds in the past w/ no problem.

thanks; any more ideas welcomed.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
check ur manual for all the fuse locations. there is one under the hood and i believe there is a "radio/clock fuse" on either pass or driver side panel. if you are having prob with electrical i would just pull the batt cables and reset the whole car. pull it and let it sit for 15 min and put it back then see what happens...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Instructor

I tried pulling the fuse yesterday. it did then eject one cd (I'm not sure if there are any more left in there) and the door did shut; but I still can't load or eject or play. Whenever I turn on the car it sounds like it's trying to change cd's or something but it's not working.

I'll try the battery bit & if not I guess I have to take it in. If they pull the cd's out with a tweezer, those cd's are gone, I'm guessing, right?

I thought the bose systems in the cl's were pretty top quality. why would aftermarket be better?

thanks.

oh, and fyi, i'm a she, not a he.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor

OH, and also -- I assumed this was true of all cl's but maybe not ... mine is an in-dash 6 dc changer; and I have the navigator too ... (which is a whole other thread!)
Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SPoolinspOON
this worked for me when I had this problem. try it! I think I got a paper clip or something and kept stabbing the cd door slit while pressing and holding eject.