Carpoint...what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 11:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Carpoint...what gives?

Remember a while back when we were all upset about the carpoint review of the cl by dan heraud? and then it disappeared? well guess what? it's back and a little changed, but still f*cked up!

you've probably all seen this before, but check it out:

1) under pros and cons, pro #4 says "Convenient vehicle with a roomy cabin and trunk."

but under Report Card - Engineering - Cabin Volume, he gives it a 40% complaining that the rear is too small for tall people.

2) Under pros and cons, Con #4 says that this car is expensive because of it's equipment content...wait...isn't that why our car ISN'T expensive?

3) under Performance Specs, the 0-60 of the clp is 7.9, the 0-60 of the -s is 7.2...man does this not match with motortrend.

4) under pros and cons, pro #5 is "Precise and competant handling...con #2 is "Sensible torque steer and fuzzy steering on the CL Type S"...don't these necessarily go hand in hand and contradict each other?

5) Again in Report card under Budget, it again says that this car is not cheap because of it's fancy equipment. wait..let me check what he reviews concerning this is for a 3-series.

6) under report card, under original equipment, he states that the clp lights are average, but the "cl-s lights are powerful enough to authorize safe driving, even in the worst conditions"...THEY HAVE THE SAME DAMN HEADLIGHTS!

7) i don't know about this guys...this ass seems to have it out for this car for some reason.

Old 04-21-2001, 11:50 PM
Suzuka Master

it gets even worse...if i pretend i'm a 330i owner and read his review for it, i'd be even more pissed off...yeah he offers praise to the logo, but he quotes a 0-60 time of..get this...8.5 sec for the 3.0 MANUAL TRANNY!

man, i say we get together with the bimmer boys and whoever else he's pissed off and get him fired from carpoint.

this dude probably drives a yugo.
Old 04-22-2001, 01:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrdeeno:
it gets even worse...if i pretend i'm a 330i owner and read his review for it, i'd be even more pissed off...yeah he offers praise to the logo, but he quotes a 0-60 time of..get this...8.5 sec for the 3.0 MANUAL TRANNY!

man, i say we get together with the bimmer boys and whoever else he's pissed off and get him fired from carpoint.

this dude probably drives a yugo.
</font>
Is he from Earth?

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ready
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-22-2001, 03:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man these people at the car reviews dont know what they are talking about. I say we should contact this guy and tell him WHATS UP!
Old 04-22-2001, 04:16 AM
Suzuka Master

that's what i thought people already did, that's why the review was off the site for awhile. and then it comes back without all the negative talk about the type-s being worse than the -p, but a lot of it still didn't change.
Old 04-22-2001, 04:27 AM
Kill the Chicken heads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7.2? comon, cut us frekin slack. who ever tested must have tested it in these conditions:

115f
full tank of gas
four 200 pound people in all 4 seats w/ a baby in the middle.
new rims weighing in at 35 pounds each
2 18's in the trunk
i thinks that about all

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 04-22-2001, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

well considering that for almost every car he tests, he gets like 2 sec. slower than any other test, and for cabin volume, even if it's just a tad smaller than a family sedan, he'll give the car a 30-40%, must mean that he's ONE FAT TUB OF LARD!