car smashed while parked

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
car smashed while parked

Just thought id let you guys know about my shitty day. Well i went to my school and parked near a median with a curb against my drivers side so ponly one side could be parked on. Next thing I know i get a call from my mom in class saying my car has been hit and that the cops called her. I go out and the whole drivers side that was against the curb is completely smashed. I guess some minivan blew thru the parking lot and didnt stop were she was supposed to and broadsided a scion which spun and flew over the median into my car. The curb is a good 10 inches mind you. Well my hood is fucked, the front fender is fucked, my driver door is fucked, my drivers wheels is fucked, the tire is fucked and smashed into the plastic under the wheelwell, and my brake drum is completely bent behind the wheel. Who knows what ever else is fucked up. Gotta love someone smashing into your parked car. Especially when someone did the same thing to my first cl. It was undrivable and had to be towed. All this in a parking lot with a speed limit of 10 mph. She defiantley was speeding in the range of atleast 30, blew thru an intersection smashed into a car that she hit into mine, and the dumbass cop didnt even give her a ticket. Im so pissed now damnit. Ill try to post up pics later if i can get to the shop to take them.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shit.. that really sucks. Hopefully the insurance company won't give you any trouble. What was the womans excuse for causing that accident? Cell phone? Make-up? I hope it was at least a good excuse.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it was in a private parking lot she couldnt' have gotten a ticket. if it were on the street she woulda gottena hella big ticket. make sure you get a copy of the police report for your insurance, so the lady get's raped on her insurance. serves her right for totally not paying attention.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by oneilc
Shit.. that really sucks. Hopefully the insurance company won't give you any trouble. What was the womans excuse for causing that accident? Cell phone? Make-up? I hope it was at least a good excuse.
By the time i was called and went down, both the other vehilces were already towed, and the cop was gone. All there was was my smashed car in the space with a card on the windshield. It will get fixed, i just hope there isnt any frame, axle, or suspension damage. I was surprised when i first got the call that the persaon didnt do a hit and run, but the reason they didnt was cause their car wasnt drivable after the hit. It just sucks that she didnt get a ticket or anything. She coulda easily hit one of the people walking in the parking lot.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Lone Wolf

can one of the mods delete my goddamn avatar. The stupid thing wont let me remove it.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Lone Wolf

Oh the only excuse the cop gave me was that it was foggy and the poor bitch couldnt see. I drove 45 minutes to my school and had no problem at all. And i could tell the cop totally bought that bs too.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
no ticket? wtf is that? sorry to hear man.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Damn that sucks....I'd make sure that ladies insurance company raped her ass in big fines
Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
That's crap man. Sorry to hear about it. Hope you nail her and her insurance company for every penny it takes for you get your car back. Keep us posted.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Instructor

No ticket?! Man, that's totally f'd up. Hope you took lots of pics at the scene so that your insurance will nail the other person's insurance for every penny you deserve! At least you have proof. Some fool hit my CLS6's rear bumper a year ago and didn't leave a note, but a good samaritan saw it all happen and took the guy's plate # down. Unfortunately, the plates didn't show a match when my insurance ran the numbers. Hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Crusin Thur in my MR TSX!

feel your pain had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. Car is at the shop getting fixed and shit is the person that cause the accident does not have ins. and no it is costing me money.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by Ackman
feel your pain had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. Car is at the shop getting fixed and shit is the person that cause the accident does not have ins. and no it is costing me money.
heh my cars not doin to well. Its been in the shop since december 6th, and theyve said its been done 6 times, just for me too find dozens of problems, shotty work-painting from acura libertyville autobody. The insurance also refused to give me a new wheel like what i had before the lady hit it, and stuck me with a refurbished wheel. They also said that my front camber is worn on both side and needs replacing, and wont cover that either. I just dont see how they both wore out when they were fine 2 months earlier when i got an allignment, then coincidentally are too worn after i get hit. Also my car is silver, and they did a horrible job of blending the paint. Were they blended on the hood, there are small gray spots that arent anywhere else, and at first the guy said he saw it, and now is denying and saying there isnt anything there. Pure bs. Anyone in the area avoid libertyville autobody at the acura dealer. Biggest pain ive ever seen. Probably gonna have to take it to another shop, or just buy myself a carbon fiber hood. heh
Old 01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
drop em like its hot

damn... feel your pain... i spent about 8k fixing my car up. on the cf hood
Old 01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Crusin Thur in my MR TSX!

Just got the car last night. It' s look brand new again. Sucks tho it is raining when I went to get her now she is all dirty hopefully I will take pics of her clean and I am going to my fogs with HID' s this weekend let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by brian6speed
heh my cars not doin to well. Its been in the shop since december 6th, and theyve said its been done 6 times, just for me too find dozens of problems, shotty work-painting from acura libertyville autobody. The insurance also refused to give me a new wheel like what i had before the lady hit it, and stuck me with a refurbished wheel. They also said that my front camber is worn on both side and needs replacing, and wont cover that either. I just dont see how they both wore out when they were fine 2 months earlier when i got an allignment, then coincidentally are too worn after i get hit. Also my car is silver, and they did a horrible job of blending the paint. Were they blended on the hood, there are small gray spots that arent anywhere else, and at first the guy said he saw it, and now is denying and saying there isnt anything there. Pure bs. Anyone in the area avoid libertyville autobody at the acura dealer. Biggest pain ive ever seen. Probably gonna have to take it to another shop, or just buy myself a carbon fiber hood. heh
Someone hit my rear bumper while I was parked. The bumper didn't move much, but there are scratches, dents, and my plate is bent. I went to Libertyville Auto Body for an estimate and it came out to $495. I went to another shop my brother goes to that do pretty good work and they told me $621. I didn't feel to comfortable with Libertyville Auto Body just the way he was talking to me. It didn't seem like he cared too much. I chose the other place. After reading your experience I'm glad I didn't go to Libertyville. I've been to bad body shops. I feel your pain.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
another old thread revived