Car Point cares! They wrote me back!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 04:14 AM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Point cares! They wrote me back!

I wanted to help too, so I wrote Carpoint a NICE letter. It's easy to criticize, but I find that CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is more . . . constructive. Anyway, my Mom always said you get more flies with honey than with vinager.

Here's what I wrote:

Dear Carpoint Experts:
I just wanted to write and thank you for all the care, research and hard work your staffers do to bring us these evaluations of new cars. I wish I had read your review sooner! That way I wouldn’t have wasted my time test driving and then buying a second rate car like the CL-R, that shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as the BMW or the Oldsmobile.

I hate to be picky, but I did want to point out a few discrepancies in your review of the TL-S type, which you might want to fix before others make the same mistake I did with the CL-R

First of all the TL-S is really slow; 0-60 times are about 9.7 seconds. That’s only .4 seconds faster than the non-turbo equipped TL. Also, even with the 4 wheel steering and 255/25-15 tires, the car is a dog in the slalom, probably because it will only pull 6.5Gs on the skid pad. The brakes suck too. When will Acura get the message and switch from drum brakes to ABS disks? The double overhead cam is nice but what a racket it makes! Especially when the VTEC boost kicks in at 7000rpms - it sounds like marbles in a blender.

Of course the TL-S type and CL-R aren’t all bad either. You can put a can of coke in the glove compartment and it will stay cold because the air conditioner cools the glove box. Also the wipers are heated for cold mornings. Acura goes out of its way, by providing nine cup holders which will hold anything from a Big Gulp to a Yoo-Hoo. And, like the top of the line RL-X from which these cars are derived, the CL-R and TL-S type benefit from the Acura Bose system which sounds great and also tells you when your door is open or your seatbelt falls off, in eleven different languages and four dialects.

These amenities are all nice of course, but in the end they’re just cheap gimmicks that the anal retentive Japanese perfectionists try to distract you with so you’ll forget you could have had a V8.

Anyhow thanks for reading this, I hear you read and respond to all your emails which I think is special- at least I feel special knowing that my opinion counts and is very important to you. If you write back, I will too! I’ve got a lot of time on my hands because my Acura is always in the shop. Let’s be pen pals!

Your Beemer Envying Friend,

Sad Ass Acura Owner
Old 02-13-2001, 04:21 AM
Instructor

Cool letter!!!!!! I personally like the twin turbo of the CL-R, it really helps the car to get a 0-60 MPH in "8.1 seconds"... Just kidding nice job!
Old 02-13-2001, 08:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

A true classic....

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 02-13-2001, 12:24 PM
Rx Master

nice letter, love the 0-60 in 9 seconds. What are we drivin yugos or hyndai tiburans/
hope u get a responce
wg

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
coilovers or springs to come soon 620+ posts makes me still a freak on the old Cl page.
my cl-s http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=11443786
Old 02-13-2001, 01:09 PM
Banned

what was their response?

Nice letter BTW!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 35% tint[*] fenderwell trim , mud guards[*] winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI - on the way

girlfriend
1999 3.8L V6 Mustang Coupe Black / Black Cloth Interior[*] spoiler , 35% tint[*] MAC CAI - soon to order
Old 02-13-2001, 03:11 PM
Meat Popsicle

<quote>
Anyway, my Mom always said you get more flies with honey than with vinager.
</quote>

but nothing attracts flies like a little s**t.

------------------
lilfeat
01 CLS Red No Spoiler, No
Nav, No Payments
Old 02-13-2001, 07:53 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
what was their response?

Nice letter BTW!

</font>
I can guarantee it will sound something like this.
"the views expressed within the auto reviews reflect those of the writers, and not carpoint.com. Please note that we could give two shits about you... yadda yadda yadda"

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks