Car making metal squeaking sound?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car making metal squeaking sound?

Hi All, I hope someone can help me clarify this problem before i go to a acura or shop tomorrow. Couple days ago, my car started to make metal squeaking noise, it got worst today.
Everytime i apply brake, the squeaking sound occur. Thats fine, I check the manual, i suppose its the indication of the wear on the brake pads.
However, the problem happens sometimes even when i do'nt apply brake. Whenever I corner, or the roads are rough, or maybe just some movement of the car, this squeaking noise wil come out, which is identical to the brake pad indicator noise.
Also, When I was backing up, driving in reverse, another type of distinct metal squeaking noise occurs, and is a bit louder.

Whats wrong beside the brake pads ? I am suspecting my wheel alignment is REALLY off, could the wheel alignment cause such noise because maybe the rotor rub against the brake pads whenever there is some kind of torque applied to the wheel. Its my uneducated guess. i just want to be ready before i go visit shops or dealers. Anywhere good mechanics ppl know in toronto area?

Thanx in advance
Old 05-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Mugen Racing Team

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you lower your car? I get some noise occasionally, but that only occurs when i turn my steering wheel all the way, or when i rains.