Can We Assume Equal Quality...........

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 09:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can We Assume Equal Quality...........

in this product? I was thinking that since Exxon and Mobil merged about a year ago and are the same company now, we woud be able to conclude that there synthetic oils are coming from the same source and will be giving us the same protection. Can we assume that Exxon Superflow Synthetic oil and Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic oil would be the same or similar product. Any opinions regarding this.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Can We Assume Equal Quality...........

Originally posted by dfv3.2CL-S
in this product? I was thinking that since Exxon and Mobil merged about a year ago and are the same company now, we woud be able to conclude that there synthetic oils are coming from the same source and will be giving us the same protection. Can we assume that Exxon Superflow Synthetic oil and Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic oil would be the same or similar product. Any opinions regarding this.
not having inside knowledge of the formula(s) or knowing if there are any differences (i don't use either yet), i'd guess that they are the same considering it saves money to produce/formulate the stuff. instead of having 2 different processes to work with, they just work with 1 and bottle it under 2 different names to satisfy the loyal users of each.

is there a price difference?
Old 11-03-2001, 02:24 PM
Ain't No Other...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just because a company merges, doesnt mean they utilize one particular way to process a product, they are probably utilizing the EXISTING infrastructure, hence they still have Exxon and Mobil branding separate...
Old 11-03-2001, 07:37 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Re: Can We Assume Equal Quality...........

Originally posted by dfv3.2CL-S
don't assume anything

"in god we trust, all others document"
Old 11-04-2001, 01:10 AM
Instructor

My mother worked for Mobil as a lab tech, before they merged... Anyway before they merged I stock up on Mobil 1 at a sweet discount.