Can Anyone Help Me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:44 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Anyone Help Me?

I Have a 03 6-speed and at idle my rpm needle moves by itself. it sometimes drops to 0. no check engine light has come on. the idle also seems to be bumpy. like the cars shakes.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

It sounds like a loose ground. Just bring it back to the dealer to get it looked at.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Have the dealer look at it, & scan the computer. I had the same thing, & mine stalled a few times, Don't want to scare you but on mine, the valves in the engine were bent. They had to open up the engine, & replaced them,. The computer had an over-rev code in it, even though I had no check engine light. It was out for 3 weeks. I'm the only member so far though that had that happen.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by fuzzy02CLS
Have the dealer look at it, & scan the computer. I had the same thing, & mine stalled a few times, Don't want to scare you but on mine, the valves in the engine were bent. They had to open up the engine, & replaced them,. The computer had an over-rev code in it, even though I had no check engine light. It was out for 3 weeks. I'm the only member so far though that had that happen.
Interesting. Was it the computer code that caused the valves to bend? Years ago, after running at the track with muscle cars using Lake Pipes, we had to stuff the pipes with rags so the valves wouldn't bend. Then after the engine cooled off, we would put the caps back on. This is a first time I heard of this happening to a CL-S though.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Well, the code was called over-rev, so to Acura that meant it was rev'd past redline(9K+ rpm), which in turn bent the valves. I never did that to my car, I only had 1200 mjiles on it when it happend. It was a dealer trade, with 50 miles on it. I figure the person who drove it to the selling dealer killed it, or a factory defect. I noticed it ran a little rough when I picked it up. It got worse, & stalled a few times. That's when it went in. Seems ok now though.