Can Acura Void my warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
that is why i dont wanna go another acura. one of the main reasons was because of the dealer.

SEIRRA ACURA IN ALHAMBRA!!!!!!

They tried to fix my SRS for the 5th time in 2 month and finally they said they are NOT going to fix it anymore because they would have to void my warrenty . I was like "HUH"?

anyways,

Get a lawyer and sue their ass.. i fucking hate dealers dont treat their customers right.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Engine failure at 5300 RPM at 111 mph and they are blaming it on you...

Wow... fucking wow. That is ridiculous. Did they have rational reasoning behind not covering this under warranty? You were well within the safe RPM range at well under the top speed, and they say it's your fault.

I don't know if I should laugh or get pissed off. Actually, I can feel my blood pressure going up right now, and this doesn't even concern me. That is some serious bullshit. Tell them to stick the engine block up their asshole. FUCK!

Sorry, dude. I'm just really pissed off in general at dealership bullshit. Good luck with getting it fixed.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the current bonehead dealer did not repair the valves correctly the fist time, then you have to deal with them. Your previous repair appears related to the current problem. Another dealer won't warranty what someone else screwed up. Before a lawyer, I'd pay for a few hours at an independent Honda/Import shop to verify the problem. Find out exactly what is wrong.

Determine who is responsible. Don't guess.

You, Current Dealer, or Acura.

Or go visit another dealer and start over. Don't demand or request anything. Walk in, talk to a knowledgable service advisor, be honest and nice. Explain the problem and history of your car. But doing this may just waste everyones time.

It sounds like you did nothing wrong. You want your car fixed, not WWIII.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems like the only way my dealer will listen to anything is with the threat of WWIII. Trust me, I am not a lawyer type of person, but this is ridiculous. Sometimes you need to stand up for yourself and show the dealers what an ass they are being,
Thanks,
-p
Old 08-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you picked up your car yet? Make sure the service advisor puts detailed notes/statements on the service ticket for everything said and implied. Otherwise it is your word against their's.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by sidemarker
lawyer???

come on this shit is getting out of hand

if they dont honor the warranty go somewhere else and make sure to talk to the GM and let him know that THEY SUCK and you will never go back to their dealership

im sorry your going through a lot of bull shit, and regardless what the fine print on the warranty contract stipulates, EITHER WAY THEY HAVE TO PROVE YOU INTENTIONALY broke the damn thing

FUCK THEM AND FUCK THOSE ASSHOLE DEALERSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
The only reason I'd suggest a lawyer is or threatening one is because if for some reason that dealership did void his warranty in the computer, he wouldn't be able to goto another dealership. His warranty would be blacklisted in the computer. Like I said before, Mitsubishi was doing this with people who were running their Evos at the track. Even dealers who wanted to honor the warranty couldn't because the computer blacklisted their VIN and the dealership wouldn't have gotten paid back for warranty work.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
GEB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psolk
Unfortunately, it seems like the only way my dealer will listen to anything is with the threat of WWIII. Trust me, I am not a lawyer type of person, but this is ridiculous. Sometimes you need to stand up for yourself and show the dealers what an ass they are being,
Thanks,
-p
Another route is to call a local and/or national consumer advocate show (like the Tom Martino show here in Denver ... he's also national but I don't know if he's in NJ but he's in NY). They will call for you if they feel you have a case. I know that Tom Martino is a real bastard when he feels your right and he can't get help for you. He has all of his listeners call the business and tell them they should do the right thing. Anyway, it's a step I would take before calling a Lawyer. www.troubleshooter.com
Old 08-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
This is a DEALER problem. If this is done right, the dealer needs to contact the reginal rep of Acura. He will come down to the dealer & look over your car, meet with you, & look at the avilable info. Then he will make the decsion to fix it or not. The dealer cannot refuse to cover it unless Acura says to. So they are breaking the law 100%. I'd get Acura customer care involved. Report their ass.
And go to PAA next time for ANY work.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
any updates, have you even tried to call PAA and run your story by them?