Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Stealth Bomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

I just picked up my car from the dealer, and they did a rotor and pad replacement in the front and new pads in the back.

So I am getting off the 407 toll highway, and I take the Bathurst exit, turning left to go south. Right before my light is to turn green a camaro z28 and a tl type s run the yellow and pull up to the next stop light. The light is 3 lanes, and probably is a 1/4 mile before the next light.

So I flew up in the right most lane, light turns green we all go.. I got a great launch.. Camaro started roasting TL and I was pulling because of my launch, when i was in second he was slowly slowly approaching from behind and i shifted into third righat at the redline and go all thew ay up to maybe 90, and the TL probably gave up at 65 mph when all of a sudden my radar goes nuts. I jam the brakes, and the camaro reacts to my maneuver and brakes too.

So we both end up crusing right by the cop at the next intersection right at the speed limit

The guy rolled down his window after and was like yo you saved our ass, and your car is quick, and we both turned our own way.

All in all a very good ride home from the dealer.. and the brakes feel great
Old 02-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NICE! close call......hehe
Old 02-15-2002, 04:51 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

Originally posted by BLK CLS
I just picked up my car from the dealer, and they did a rotor and pad replacement in the front and new pads in the back.

So I am getting off the 407 toll highway, and I take the Bathurst exit, turning left to go south. Right before my light is to turn green a camaro z28 and a tl type s run the yellow and pull up to the next stop light. The light is 3 lanes, and probably is a 1/4 mile before the next light.

So I flew up in the right most lane, light turns green we all go.. I got a great launch.. Camaro started roasting TL and I was pulling because of my launch, when i was in second he was slowly slowly approaching from behind and i shifted into third righat at the redline and go all thew ay up to maybe 90, and the TL probably gave up at 65 mph when all of a sudden my radar goes nuts. I jam the brakes, and the camaro reacts to my maneuver and brakes too.

So we both end up crusing right by the cop at the next intersection right at the speed limit

The guy rolled down his window after and was like yo you saved our ass, and your car is quick, and we both turned our own way.

All in all a very good ride home from the dealer.. and the brakes feel great
TL-s must of not have traction in the beginning or did the Z28, Z28 would killed u, even if he had a bad start he still would've beat you, are you modded, the TL-s should've kept up...or the TL-S wasn't racin...
Old 02-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Stealth Bomber

They all knew they were gonna race, they were watching the lights and creeping..

Street racing is street racing, it was in a safe spot and all but you really have to know how to launch and drive properly. Obviously the TL-s guy wasn't a drag race driver and didn't really launch the right way, he waited and just slowly pushed the gas.

I had about a 15 ft advantage on the Camaro and he was creeping up very slowly until I was in VTEC in second. I am sure if we had more room and didn't have to slow down he would eventually pass me, especially if we go into 4th

My car is modified if you look at my sig, I have toyo proxies for grip, an intake, lightweight rims...

And a camaro is not that much faster, I raced a Transam(sister car) last week for a long time on this empty highway, and he would only pull on me when we really got up in it...

I am not denying he is a faster drag racing car, but the fact of the matter is, I was ahead and I did win, aswell as saving my ass and theirs...
Old 02-15-2002, 07:00 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by BLK CLS
They all knew they were gonna race, they were watching the lights and creeping..

Street racing is street racing, it was in a safe spot and all but you really have to know how to launch and drive properly. Obviously the TL-s guy wasn't a drag race driver and didn't really launch the right way, he waited and just slowly pushed the gas.

I had about a 15 ft advantage on the Camaro and he was creeping up very slowly until I was in VTEC in second. I am sure if we had more room and didn't have to slow down he would eventually pass me, especially if we go into 4th

My car is modified if you look at my sig, I have toyo proxies for grip, an intake, lightweight rims...

And a camaro is not that much faster, I raced a Transam(sister car) last week for a long time on this empty highway, and he would only pull on me when we really got up in it...

I am not denying he is a faster drag racing car, but the fact of the matter is, I was ahead and I did win, aswell as saving my ass and theirs...
was the Transam a WS6 or a V8 atleast, there are different models with great contrast in engines, those n the z28(LT-1 or LS-1 depending on year)along with the M6 are puttin down 340hp+ stock, maybe the camaro was a six, i have an acrura myself so i'm not being biased, but the camaro if it was a z28 it wouldn't have a problem walkin your car, even with a sorry a$$ driver you could run 13s, considering your only mod is intake, which isn't anything till you hit bout 4k rpm, still i really don't think thats enough to beat the camaro, also you stated you raced till ~90mph, which is about a 1/4 mile trap time for the CL-s, thus you guys ran about 1/4 mile, CL-s runs what high 14s? no where near a v8 camaro....but if you ran a v6 camaro then i see what your sayin completely....
Old 02-15-2002, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Blazin TL

was the Transam a WS6, those n the z28 are puttin down 340hp+ stock, maybe the camaro was a six, i have an acrura myself so i'm not being biased, but the camaro if it was a z28 it wouldn't have a problem walkin your car, even with a sorry a$$ driver you could run 13s, considering your only mod is intake, which isn't anything till you hit bout 4k rpm, still i really don't think thats enough to beat the camaro, also you stated you raced till ~90mph, which is about a 1/4 mile trap time for the CL-s, thus you guys ran about 1/4 mile, CL-s runs what high 14s? no where near a v8 camaro....but if you ran a v6 camaro then i see what your sayin completely....
I'd pretty much agree with this, though I might have phrased it in English.

2001 Black CL-S
Blue AEM CAI
OEM Spoiler
Compustar Alarm/Remote Start w/pager
20 % Tints all the way around
Polarg M6s in
235/45/17 Toyo T1S Proxies
17 x 8 5Zigen Copse in Silver
2 - 12" Audioahn Subs w/Kenwood 1000w amp
Meshed Grill

Not exactly what I call "modified", at least not enough to beat a Z28. Not saying that you didn't "win", but something had to give to make it that way (holeshot, driver of the Mullet Chariot not really racing, missed 2 or 3 shifts, really a V6 camaro...something)
Old 02-15-2002, 07:24 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by Pull_T

I'd pretty much agree with this, though I might have phrased it in English.

i failed english with a 44%
Old 02-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What radar dector are you using??
Old 02-16-2002, 04:32 AM
Stealth Bomber

First of all it was him and his girlfriend and he didn't launch very well.. Trust me I know the potential of the LS1. I owned one for six months, its a grenade waiting to blow up with problems. It is fast, but it's a boat and it's hard to get traction.

Secondly it was a stock 1998 LS1 Camaro A4 with the 2.73 rear end ratio, and not the 3.23 I assume

And I am using Bel Remote Mounted Detector...
Old 02-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you get that "oh my god I think I have to take a shit feeling" in your stomach??????
Old 02-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Stealth Bomber

Oh ya it was definately a adrenaline rush....

It would be more of oh shit feeling if I passed at 130 mph
Old 02-16-2002, 07:41 PM

Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

TL-s must of not have traction in the beginning or did the Z28, Z28 would killed u, even if he had a bad start he still would've beat you, are you modded, the TL-s should've kept up...or the TL-S wasn't racin...

Dude.....Every TL-S I've raced, I've been noticably quicker.

They don't pull as hard off the line for some reason.

2 extra doors.

BTW, A CL-S has a much better chance of hanging with a Z28 with non OEM tires on it, than a TL-S does.

Old 02-17-2002, 04:25 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

Re: Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

Originally posted by TypeSKid

Dude.....Every TL-S I've raced, I've been noticably quicker.

They don't pull as hard off the line for some reason.

2 extra doors.

BTW, A CL-S has a much better chance of hanging with a Z28 with non OEM tires on it, than a TL-S does.

thats complete and utter BS. stop racing elderly women who don't know that they're being raced against.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:32 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

Originally posted by my2sense

thats complete and utter BS. stop racing elderly women who don't know that they're being raced against.
haha, you tell em, seriously

actually the TL-s is lighter, still they pull the same, kid, the cl-s n the tl-s have the same chance, which is no chance...
Old 02-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

haha, you tell em, seriously

actually the TL-s is lighter, still they pull the same, kid, the cl-s n the tl-s have the same chance, which is no chance...

Yeah ok man, i think i'l get a custom made CL with 10 doors, according to you, the more doors, the faster... hmm, if i put 10 doors on, you think i could hit mid 13's??

Acura-CL Type S WITHOUT NAVI = 3510 pounds
Acura-TL Type S WITHOUT NAVI = 3558 pounds

Now if you would have said that the TL and CL weigh the same, I would not have said anything, cause u would be wrong, but again its still only 40 pounds, though 40 pounds is a lot to some...

Its the fact that you said the TL-S is LIGHTER, that calls for a red flag....or one of these flags...

Good Kill Steve! For some reason whenever I in that area, I speed like a mofo, i've raced some cars there too...its just something about the area...

but once i get close to promenade, i bitch out and slow down.
Old 02-18-2002, 04:21 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

Originally posted by amirsafdari

Yeah ok man, i think i'l get a custom made CL with 10 doors, according to you, the more doors, the faster... hmm, if i put 10 doors on, you think i could hit mid 13's??

Acura-CL Type S WITHOUT NAVI = 3510 pounds
Acura-TL Type S WITHOUT NAVI = 3558 pounds

Now if you would have said that the TL and CL weigh the same, I would not have said anything, cause u would be wrong, but again its still only 40 pounds, though 40 pounds is a lot to some...

Its the fact that you said the TL-S is LIGHTER, that calls for a red flag....or one of these flags...

Good Kill Steve! For some reason whenever I in that area, I speed like a mofo, i've raced some cars there too...its just something about the area...

but once i get close to promenade, i bitch out and slow down.

you right, i meant the TL-P, n the CL, check that out, i should be right, when i said, "actually the TL is lighter, i was being sarcastic, meaning it's not gonna make a diff., n it doesn't, why would the CL-s or CL be faster than the TL-S or TL (respectively)...better add that b4 you pull another flag, read the post again, he didn't beat a z28, n the CL is not in any way faster than the TL....

why would two doors make if faster than four??? [IMG]

there's your flag, should i take out three of mine n just only leave the driver side in???? ok....
Old 02-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camaro Z28 vs. TL-S vs. CL-S

you right, i meant the TL-P, n the CL, check that out, i should be right, when i said, "actually the TL is lighter, i was being sarcastic, meaning it's not gonna make a diff., n it doesn't, why would the CL-s or CL be faster than the TL-S or TL (respectively)...better add that b4 you pull another flag, read the post again, he didn't beat a z28, n the CL is not in any way faster than the TL....

why would two doors make if faster than four??? [IMG]

there's your flag, should i take out three of mine n just only leave the driver side in???? ok....
can someone please tell me what he just said?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:46 PM
Stealth Bomber

Ya ofcourse its my favorite spot. That spot has a very long kill list for me
Old 02-19-2002, 12:11 AM
What can I get ya?

My friend has a 97 Z-28. Im gonna say right now theres no way in hell your gonna hang with that. Its an automatic and he can kick the back end out when shifting into 2nd and when shifting into 3rd at about 90mph he can churp the tires. Thats a badass car. Ive never seen an auto do that.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:37 AM
Stealth Bomber

You guys are honestly dislexic, i know the z28 was pulling on me slowly but i had an advantage. Nowhere did I ever say I smoked him because my car has more power, its street racing bud relax.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:47 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by moforose3.0
My friend has a 97 Z-28. Im gonna say right now theres no way in hell your gonna hang with that. Its an automatic and he can kick the back end out when shifting into 2nd and when shifting into 3rd at about 90mph he can churp the tires. Thats a badass car. Ive never seen an auto do that.
i know first hand too, my boy has a Z28 auto n it does some crazy a$$ burn outs, for real, it's like i'm the only one thinkin this should even be a close race....but like he said, he won, so i'ma leave it at that...