Calling all hybrid J-Series know-it-alls

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all hybrid J-Series know-it-alls

Hi! I'm new here. I drive a 2005 Saturn Vue with a Honda J35 motor. All Vue V6's from '04 and up have this motor stock.

I've been searching around and reading various threads about doing RL cam/piston swaps, and many other combinations from other J series motors.

I've learned a lot, but still have some more questions to ask that I haven't been able to answer myself.

1: Where can I find my engine code on the block? I believe it is from the Odyssey/Pilot, but am not entirely sure. Also, where can I find a glossary of what engines came from what car? (IE: J32A2, J35A6, etc.. I'm not sure about the "A" codes)

2: In the future, I'm looking to do some part swaps on my motor to hopefully get some more horsepower out of my car. I'm willing to replace my heads, cams, pistons, intake manifold, and possibly the crankshaft. I am not really willing to buy another block, so I would like to know my options for putting together a J35 frankenstein with my existing block.

ECU Tuning, or any external computer intervention will not work as my ECU is a GM/Honda unit, and therefore has zero options for tuning. (No company has been willing to touch it yet)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

-Alex
Old 04-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I would try going to V 6 P erformance . net and searching there under 98-02 Accords forums. There is massive loads of info there that your are particular looking for.

Also, look here under typeR and CleanCl names...they've started threads with 3.5 liter...that should also help.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by burnout8488
Hi! I'm new here. I drive a 2005 Saturn Vue with a Honda J35 motor. All Vue V6's from '04 and up have this motor stock.

I've been searching around and reading various threads about doing RL cam/piston swaps, and many other combinations from other J series motors.

I've learned a lot, but still have some more questions to ask that I haven't been able to answer myself.

1: Where can I find my engine code on the block? I believe it is from the Odyssey/Pilot, but am not entirely sure. Also, where can I find a glossary of what engines came from what car? (IE: J32A2, J35A6, etc.. I'm not sure about the "A" codes)

2: In the future, I'm looking to do some part swaps on my motor to hopefully get some more horsepower out of my car. I'm willing to replace my heads, cams, pistons, intake manifold, and possibly the crankshaft. I am not really willing to buy another block, so I would like to know my options for putting together a J35 frankenstein with my existing block.

ECU Tuning, or any external computer intervention will not work as my ECU is a GM/Honda unit, and therefore has zero options for tuning. (No company has been willing to touch it yet)

-Alex
if u catch me on IM typeR on MSN doveyA on AIM then ill talk to ya...IF
Old 04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burnout8488

-Alex
I have a block that I can get you for real cheap - in fact TypeR has it in his house so PM me and we'll work a deal.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:18 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't be doing this at least until the end of this summer probably.

TypeR: I'll try to get in touch with you sometime this weekend.

I want to start making a list of the parts I'll need to get now so I'll be ready to buy later this year. Plus, I'll have a lot of time to research what and how I'm going to do.

A 300bhp (my goal) Vue should be fun
Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts
i didnt know GM used our engines. makes me more appealed to saturn vues now.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
learn something new everyday. I sill dont understand why the Lotus Exige and Elan dont have K20A motor from the factory. What a car.