California bill mandates remote-control kill switch on new cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 12:29 PM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah so he feels safe or whatever, right?

What's next - officers have the right to stick their baton up your ass while questioning you?

Because, you know, it makes them feel safer.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J RAP CAI
Old 06-19-2001, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a note -- I still have NOT gotten a representative to contact me on the status of this bill. I did get a second call that said the bill died in one of the committees. However, I haven't been able to find out if a stake has been put through the heart of this thing, or it just needs a few new dollars to make it come back again!

It seems, as usual, there is a company that makes this "junk" (a laser gun and box) to retrofit into cars. They even advertise that it can be put into a 57 Chevy -- how rare! I guess the Senator got a few too many contributions from these jokers, and worked overtime to get them a "captive" audience (read "captive" anyway you like).

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-19-2001, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, think this way, the chase is in traffic and the cop tries to kill your car. How many other cars will dye? The signal will spread around the trafic no matter what and the cars around will dye too in this case.

Plus, we could instal a manual switch which will turn on/off the system. I don't think that it is a big of a deal thing for now. They tried to have the radar installed on top of the traffice lights and what? They cannot give you any ticket if the image is not perfectly clear and you are wearing sunglasses.

This is a BS and no one will come up with this. Even if they do, scru them up their S. The only thing that might prevent us from desabling if that thing is installed directly in ECU.

------------------
Acura 3.2TL 2000
Silver Metalic
CAI
Custom Eyebrows
Fogs
Custom gril
Custom front bumper
Old 06-19-2001, 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

There is a company that makes all the stuff, and they are ready to go. I finally got a hold of my local rep. The bill died in the committee. This doesn't mean that it can not come back. However, a number of groups thought that this was the next best thing to reviving Hitler, so the knuckle draggers didn't prevail this time.

However, there is a company that wants to put this in ALL cars; repeat ALL CARS. I think the bill became a cob-web of patches that tried to address all of the myriad flaws:

1. People removing the systems.
2. Criminals stopping/mugging/raping/killing you with the system.
3. Police abusing the system.

And on, and on, and on.

If you would like to "chat" with the moron that makes this Nazi play toy. Be my guest, here is the link (this is another do-gooder who is ready to add more blacktop on the road to hell). (Also, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the ability to be the sole distributor of the device.):

http://www.halt2000.com/home.html

------------------
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • V1 planned
Old 06-23-2001, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Post Note:

I just received an e-mail from the Senator's aid. They responded that one other member of the forum sent an e-mail (thanks).

The aid said that the Senator had NO intention of reviving the bill.

I hope so.

------------------
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • V1 planned