Originally Posted by Smitty
how old is your daughter?
my thoughts exactly :o

hehe
Old 06-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scalbert
I just blew through Huntsville yesterday on a trip over to Decatur, AL. My intercooled SC CL-S6 made some quick time on the back roads.
Did you go up I-75 to Adairsville, then Summerville-> Meno-> Mentone, AL? If so, then those are some FINE back roads you were on I love that drive! You must have driven through my old stompin' grounds. I'm from Fort Payne, originally, and I used to commuted to Mercer (McAfee School of Theology) over there for a while.

BTW Trashman, I think Scalbert has (just a tad of) experience with Modified CLs as well, so he should be able to lend a hand with any problems.

Scalbert, I think that Trashman had the problem to occur after he started on his way, but before the engine warmed up good. I think he said that it would happen when he would stop for a light or at an intersection. I believe in hindsight, that it did happen with me a couple of times, but certainly not often. I always heel toe, downshift while braking (out of habbit) and I usually blip the throttle a little, once the clutch is fully disengaged. I may have been masking the problem, by the way I drive and not even being consciously aware that I was giving it a little throttle to keep it from going dead This may have been going on some even before the supercharger was installed. I really can't remember, or say to be sure. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Thanks for being a ACL'er....so many people just do not understand...glad you do....
Old 06-09-2004, 11:26 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome, this is great to have a s/c'ed 6 speed in MI

we have to have a mini meet some time at the track or some where, u need to take me for a spin in that thing
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kid_dr
Did you go up I-75 to Adairsville, then Summerville-> Meno-> Mentone, AL? If so, then those are some FINE back roads you were on I love that drive! You must have driven through my old stompin' grounds. I'm from Fort Payne, originally, and I used to commuted to Mercer (McAfee School of Theology) over there for a while.
Nope, being that I live in Woodstock, GA I went up to Hwy 20 in Canton and took that over and through Cartersville, then through Rome and into Alabama. I then took Hwy 35 which takes me into your old town, Fort Payne. From there I continued on into Scottsboro where I picked up Hwy 72 into Huntsville.

I have been driving that route for well over ten years now as we had on office in Huntsville and it has sure gotten easier especially between Fort Payne and Scottsboro. Mostly four lanes now. The only real fun, low traffic area left is on Hwy 35.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Scalbert, I think that Trashman had the problem to occur after he started on his way, but before the engine warmed up good. I think he said that it would happen when he would stop for a light or at an intersection. I believe in hindsight, that it did happen with me a couple of times, but certainly not often. I always heel toe, downshift while braking (out of habbit) and I usually blip the throttle a little, once the clutch is fully disengaged. I may have been masking the problem, by the way I drive and not even being consciously aware that I was giving it a little throttle to keep it from going dead This may have been going on some even before the supercharger was installed. I really can't remember, or say to be sure. Thanks for your help.
There could be a simple fix to this but I wanted to be sure of the issue first.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Intermediate

Sort of goes like this. Start the car, keep the rev's up. put it in gear and slow roll it out of the garage, or to the parking lot exit, put in the clutch, foot on break ...... car just quits. No backfire, or rough idle, it just goes quiet. Doesn't happen all the time, just when it seems to be the most embarrasing moment as it appears to others that I stalled it by letting out the clutch. Fact is clutch is to the floor, other foot is on the brake. Sorta tempted to heel/toe it, but for city driving it's kind of a pain. Your thoughts Scalbert. Dr Chuck you are the guru of this ride so...?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Intermediate

How old is you daughter?

[QUOTE=Hobo]my thoughts exactly :o

hehe
Animals, I'm surrounded by animals; my daughter is eighteen, a real doll, has at least 3 boy friends who are madly in love w her; but she's a Daddy's girl, is a real car buff, can talk tuner all day long. She is off to michigan State in the Fall, and oh by the way did I mention that you should KEEP YOUR HANDS AND DIRTY MINDS OFF HER. Ahem, sorry about that outburst there, but did I mention she's daddy's girl and all.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Intermediate

sorry I didn't know you when I was down there picking up the ride. Perhaps we could have hooked up for some car chatter. But go see Dr Chuck who really knows his stuff when it comes to this set of wheels. He's kin_dr on the forum. Keep smilin'
Old 06-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Intermediate

I live ovet at Watkins and Wallace, and my office is downtown B'Ham on Park St.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Drifting

[QUOTE=Trashman55]
Originally Posted by Hobo
my thoughts exactly :o

hehe
Animals, I'm surrounded by animals; my daughter is eighteen, a real doll, has at least 3 boy friends who are madly in love w her; but she's a Daddy's girl, is a real car buff, can talk tuner all day long. She is off to michigan State in the Fall, and oh by the way did I mention that you should KEEP YOUR HANDS AND DIRTY MINDS OFF HER. Ahem, sorry about that outburst there, but did I mention she's daddy's girl and all.
we are just asking for pics
Old 06-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Trashman55
Sort of goes like this. Start the car, keep the rev's up. put it in gear and slow roll it out of the garage, or to the parking lot exit, put in the clutch, foot on break ...... car just quits. No backfire, or rough idle, it just goes quiet. Doesn't happen all the time, just when it seems to be the most embarrasing moment as it appears to others that I stalled it by letting out the clutch. Fact is clutch is to the floor, other foot is on the brake. Sorta tempted to heel/toe it, but for city driving it's kind of a pain. Your thoughts Scalbert. Dr Chuck you are the guru of this ride so...?
Try turning the idle adjust screw counter clock wise a single turn. It is on the top, actually the driver’s side now with the blower installed, behind some gray epoxy that comes out easy. After that, pull the passenger side No. 13 fuse for about ten seconds, put it back in and start the car with all accessories off. Let the car idle on its own for three cooling fan cycles and then see how it goes.

Pulling the fuse and letting it idle is the Idle Learn Procedure which needs to be done when the ECU is reset. The screw increases the amount of air routed into the engine exclusive of the IAC (Idle Air Control valve). If this doesn't correct it try turning the screw another turn.

That should take care of it.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Trashman55
...go see Dr Chuck who really knows his stuff when it comes to this set of wheels...
Boy, did I ever have the trashman fooled! He thinks I know my stuff, and I didn't even know the car HAD an idle adjustment screw!

BTW for all you animals out there - I saw the trashman's daughter, and I can attest to the fact that she is most definitely a cutie, and very sweet to boot. I can see why he would refrain from posting any pics!

Thanks again Scalbert. You are the man!
Old 06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
BTW for all you animals out there - I saw the trashman's daughter, and I can attest to the fact that she is most definitely a cutie, and very sweet to boot. I can see why he would refrain from posting any pics!
Better watch out for the leghumpbers... :sqnteek:

:o
Old 06-10-2004, 06:40 PM
///M POWER

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Better watch out for the leghumpbers... :sqnteek:

:o

haha, i cant fint that smiley....
Old 06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

here ya go
Old 06-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by JamzCL
here ya go
awesome!
Old 06-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Drifting

i vote we officially make this an official smiley here
Old 06-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Instructor

This appears to me to be a prime example of thread deterioration! Mention a keyword like "animal", the switch is thrown in the minds, and there goes thread!

Looks more to me like an "ankle biter" than a "leg humpber"! That's what one of my interenal medicine attending physicians always used to refer to pediatric patients as - ankle biters, that is.

A good leg humper smiley should show the entire lower leg (from the knee down), and not just a foot and ankle. The proportions here are all wrong, IMHO - I've never seen a "tea cup" pomeranian hump on anyone's leg! My vote? :shakehd:
Old 06-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Intermediate

Leg humpers, ankle biters, learing over my baby girl, and Kevin79925 wants to make the leg humping smiley official! What kind of people drive these cars anyway. I can't associate with the degenerate likes of you characters; For Sale Really Hot Acura, ridden hard and put away wet by Kid Doctor and former fighter pilot. In great shape, honest! No unreasonable offer reused. Will trade for safe respectable car, say may like a Porsche Turbo Carrera Cabrio, or Ferrari Spyder, or even better a Bentley Continental GT Coupe (that way I'm staying true to the coupe theme, with only a modest increase in horsepower!