Is this BS or what? long

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this BS or what? long

I took my car to Wayne Acura for service. I normally go to PAA, but I was working until 4:30 all week and didn't want to deal w/ the traffic. It wasn't anything major, just some minor inconveniences but I figured, while my car is under warranty I might as well get them taken care of. 1st was my radio is staticky ( spelling) when i put on my rear defogger. 2nd my driver seat squeaks like an old rocking chair whenever I accelerrate from a dead stop when its cold, and the bottom of my seat looks to have excessive wear. The leather is very loose. I only weigh 160lbs so it can't be from me. I have a friend with a 1999 clk with perforated leather just like the CLS and after 4 years the leather on her car is still new looking. Ok here's the BS. 1. The dealer tells me they will not fix the radio problem b/c I need a new rear windshield b/c my car was in an accident and they won't cover it under warranty. they claim when the shop removed the rear glass one of the grids for the rear defogger was scratched. I was rear ended and as far as I know, the shop did not even remove the rear glass. I notified the shop and they advised me they would take care of it for me as everyhting they did was warrantied, but its still the principle. Is there any way for them to prove the grid was scratched or that the shop even removed the glass? 2. they cannot replicate the sqeaky seat problem. 3. they consider the seat leather becoming loose normal wear and tear. ( my car only has 23000 miles on it) When I picked up my car, nothing was even said to me. They acted like I was wasting their time by going there. And I had to call them at 5:00pm to see if my car was even ready as they close at 5:30 and never called me. I only found out nothing was done by reading the service slip they gave me. I Know I read another post about someone claiming that Acura dealerships don't treat their customers with respect and I know not all dealerships are like that, but its dealerships like this that give dealerships a bad name and ruin for the good , honest dealerships. Thats the last time I take my car anywhere except PAA. Any thoughts?
Old 02-08-2003, 05:16 PM
What, me drive fast?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I understand the "under warranty" mentality but if it isn't something that affects the driving of the car you are going to wait at the end of the line. I have 6K on my car and I can see the stretch in the leather seats...(I weigh 180lbs)...deal with it...it is a car. If the car was in an accident and they "claim" that the reason the radio is static is because the back window was taken out...it prob was...they can tell but they should still fix it IMO. Can't say much about the seat....if it squeaks it squeaks. It evidently didn't when they drove it. Good luck man...