Brand new Maxima 6 speed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you would have read those posts....Those times are from newbies at the track who can't launch. Chitwista just ran his stock 2k2 auto at GLDW and ran 14.7@94.
Old 04-21-2002, 08:29 PM
im back

once again, everything from maxima.org....i really wish you people lived in new york so i could shit on all of your cars and then saying the wrx is slow, when was the last time you beat one? just dont talk anymore you're makin an ass of yourself
Old 04-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by I am RobG
once again, everything from maxima.org....i really wish you people lived in new york so i could shit on all of your cars and then saying the wrx is slow, when was the last time you beat one? just dont talk anymore you're makin an ass of yourself
WRX are slow. Race one from a 5 mph roll and maybe you will learn something. Your the one making an ass out of yourself. Post numbers out of the air and having no proof to back them up.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Nealoc187

2k2 automatic Maximas are trapping at 97mph...
Sorry but there isn't one traping that fast. I just talked to DMB, and we were discussing this topic. Auto 2k2s are trapping 92-94mph, 6spds 92-97mph
Old 04-21-2002, 09:14 PM
STi

Originally posted by Maximized

If you would have read those posts....Those times are from newbies at the track who can't launch. Chitwista just ran his stock 2k2 auto at GLDW and ran 14.7@94.
In my opinion auto 2k2 max is high 14 and low 15 cars. I'm just amazed when Nealoc said auto 2k2 max trap at 97 considering stock. Okay I'm done here ..
Old 04-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Banned

Yep, and these Maxima guys think there car is god, so expect them to keep argueing. The proof is there that you posted. Only the manuals will get a trap speed higher than 94mph.

It might be a rare case a auto gets higher, but that is 1 out of 100 cars that hit the track.

Doesn't take much to lanch a auto at the track, especially Nissan autos.

edit: After reading those posts, Here is what one guy said "My 60' times on those were 2.297 and 2.252 respectively"

That is very good 60s, so what if they are newbies, they know how to launch. The car is only a high 14 low 15 sec car with 90-94 trap.

So live with it, deal with it, its not a manual and yes its slower than the type-s
Old 04-21-2002, 09:20 PM
STi

Originally posted by SilverBullet

Yep, and these Maxima guys think there car is god, so expect them to keep argueing. The proof is there that you posted. Only the manuals will get a trap speed higher than 94mph.

It might be a rare case a auto gets higher, but that is 1 out of 100 cars that hit the track.

Doesn't take much to lanch a auto at the track, especially Nissan autos.
Russ, do 2k2 max have a VSA like the one we got on CL-S?
Old 04-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 4thGSi
Russ, do 2k2 max have a VSA like the one we got on CL-S?
Not VSA, but some have traction control. Manuals do not. Only if you get the Merdian package it will have traction control.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

edit: After reading those posts, Here is what one guy said "My 60' times on those were 2.297 and 2.252 respectively"

That is very good 60s, so what if they are newbies, they know how to launch. The car is only a high 14 low 15 sec car with 90-94 trap.

So live with it, deal with it, its not a manual and yes its slower than the type-s
Slower than a Type-S.....How do you figure.? How much hp did YOUR Type-S put out. Oh less than your 5 speed Maxima. I dont get it how is a car thats lighter and has a manual is slower???

Server is all jammed, but search for Chitwista. He just took his stock 2k2 auto to the track and ran 14.7@94 with a 2.4(i i remember correct) 60'.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Banned

Slower than a Type-S.....How do you figure.? How much hp did YOUR Type-S put out. Oh less than your 5 speed Maxima. I dont get it how is a car thats lighter and has a manual is slower???

Server is all jammed, but search for Chitwista. He just took his stock 2k2 auto to the track and ran 14.7@94 with a 2.4(i i remember correct) 60'.
Dynoed less than my Max? LOL no it didn't.

197 hp and 184 TQ.

Yes it dynoed less TQ than my 5spd Maxima, but thats expected for a auto.

But why not since we are discussing dynos, discuss the 200-205 hp dyno for a 6spd Maxima or 195-200 for a 5spd Altima? I have a auto and dyno just about that. And some have dynoed stock Type-S's in the 200s.

Explain why we are less now?

Our car is only 100-150 lb heavier than a auto 2k2 loaded Maxima.

Mine weighed 3440, another 2k2 weighed 3350. I wouldn't say that is that much heavier.

About the server jam, what the hell is with Jambo and not putting that new server up? Geez its not even worth trying tonight.

Edit: I just looked at Chit's car, and well performance wise he is stock, but he had suspension, lighter wheels and better tires. That helps on the drag alot. So he really was not stock, he had things helping him.

Again, I state my point.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:00 PM
Banned

Here: http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...russ%202k1.MPG

Video of my 2001 5spd stock, killing a 2k2 auto several times at the track. Sorry but they aren't as quick as you think.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Official BS Sniffer

because i've ran my 6 speed cls on eastern long island a pulled a 14.1@98mph and so wait because maxima.org says that the maxima is fast you believe. Here I"m on Acura-cl.com and look the Cl-S 6 speed does 0-60 in 4 flat and runs low 12's in the quarter.....so let someone read this and go aronud saying thats how fast it goes. Nice job buddy, nice job
My god you full of shit....in another thread TODAY you said that you are too lazy to drive 2 hours to your track.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...7&pagenumber=3
..and now mysteriously you have run 14.1@98mph....I call BULLSHIT on that one...furnish a timeslip and then we'll talk...I don't listen to what guys on maxima.org say about everything...I look at what 1/4mile times they post AND I go to the track and SEE what maximas around here run...and BTW...I've destroyed every WRX that I've run into...why don't you take a look and my 1/4 in my sig...WRXs are a waste of time for me...
Old 04-21-2002, 10:14 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Here: http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...russ%202k1.MPG

Video of my 2001 5spd stock, killing a 2k2 auto several times at the track. Sorry but they aren't as quick as you think.
Russ...this thread was about the 6-SPEED MAXIMA NOT THE AUTO...jeez...show me some low 14 second 1/4 mile times for a CL-S 6-speed...and I'll believe that it is as quick as a 6-speed max...
Old 04-21-2002, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
a guy on this board w/a wrx is running very low 13s or high 12s w/just a few perf mods. would that be a waste of your time?
just messing w/you...

Originally posted by TypeSKiller

My god you full of shit....in another thread TODAY you said that you are too lazy to drive 2 hours to your track.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...7&pagenumber=3
..and now mysteriously you have run 14.1@98mph....I call BULLSHIT on that one...furnish a timeslip and then we'll talk...I don't listen to what guys on maxima.org say about everything...I look at what 1/4mile times they post AND I go to the track and SEE what maximas around here run...and BTW...I've destroyed every WRX that I've run into...why don't you take a look and my 1/4 in my sig...WRXs are a waste of time for me...
Old 04-21-2002, 11:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Dynoed less than my Max? LOL no it didn't.

197 hp and 184 TQ.

Yes it dynoed less TQ than my 5spd Maxima, but thats expected for a auto.

But why not since we are discussing dynos, discuss the 200-205 hp dyno for a 6spd Maxima or 195-200 for a 5spd Altima? I have a auto and dyno just about that. And some have dynoed stock Type-S's in the 200s.

Explain why we are less now?

Our car is only 100-150 lb heavier than a auto 2k2 loaded Maxima.

Mine weighed 3440, another 2k2 weighed 3350. I wouldn't say that is that much heavier.

About the server jam, what the hell is with Jambo and not putting that new server up? Geez its not even worth trying tonight.

Edit: I just looked at Chit's car, and well performance wise he is stock, but he had suspension, lighter wheels and better tires. That helps on the drag alot. So he really was not stock, he had things helping him.

Again, I state my point.
Those rims probably weigh him down. Chrome tend to be heavier, not sure though??
Old 04-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Mike
a guy on this board w/a wrx is running very low 13s or high 12s w/just a few perf mods. would that be a waste of your time?
just messing w/you...

What mods does he have? I bet his mph isnt all that impressive for a low 13s car.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by Mike
just messing w/you...

actually...that would be a really good run for me....my 14.0@102 was done on a really cold night...NO TRACTION at all....stock suspension..stock y-pipe and un-tuned Nitrous (running really rich) I now have full suspension...my "fixed" aftermarket y-pipe, and will be getting slicks....with those and a tuned NOS system I should be running low 13s/high 12s...I bet I could take him from a roll considering I can pull on cars that run VERY low 13s (lightly modded LS-1, new 315hp BMW M coupe)....
Old 04-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Intermediate

Sorry but there isn't one traping that fast. I just talked to DMB, and we were discussing this topic. Auto 2k2s are trapping 92-94mph, 6spds 92-97mph
The 4 and the 7 are right on top of eachother on the keypad and I made an honest mistake. I've pulled a 2k2 auto from a roll and I trap 96.5 on a good day, so it stands to reason that a 2k2 auto wont trap as fast as me, which they dont. I meant 94 not 97.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Banned

Russ...this thread was about the 6-SPEED MAXIMA NOT THE AUTO...jeez...show me some low 14 second 1/4 mile times for a CL-S 6-speed...and I'll believe that it is as quick as a 6-speed max...
Right, no one has run one yet. But you should know with its power curve, it should be identical to what a 6spd Maxima can do at least.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:39 AM
Banned

Those rims probably weigh him down. Chrome tend to be heavier, not sure though??
Chrome might be heavier on most wheels, but the stock wheels are insanely heavy. 50lb. Any aftermarket wheel will be lighter.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:43 AM
foolio at heart

I bet I could take him from a roll considering I can pull on cars that run VERY low 13s (lightly modded LS-1, new 315hp BMW M coupe)....
Oh really now? Too bad you weren't local, if you were I'd take you up on that bet.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by blxmjx

Oh really now? Too bad you weren't local, if you were I'd take you up on that bet.
What E.T....and more importantly what trap speed have you run? 60 foot?
I'm assuming a really low 60ft and a low trap for the E.T. that you run.

Are you still on your original tranny??? I've heard that the input shafts in the WRX 5-speeds are really weak...
Old 04-22-2002, 11:20 AM
foolio at heart

What E.T....and more importantly what trap speed have you run? 60 foot?
I'm assuming a really low 60ft and a low trap for the E.T. that you run.

Are you still on your original tranny??? I've heard that the input shafts in the WRX 5-speeds are really weak...
I'll get back to you on that. We're taking the wrx up to carlsbad raceway week after next. W/all the mods that are currently on the car I'm expecting low 13's to high 12's. We'll see though, I know someone that pulled a 12.7 at the same track w/only a 65 shot of NOS, intake and exhaust. There is also another guy that ran a 12.49@108 w/only a 50 shot of nos and a cai. I don't wanna go the NOS route just yet. 12's on the stock turbo w/out NOS is what I'm trying to attain. Geez, those seem like pretty decent numbers from a car that you like to call a waste of time.

Yes, I'm on my original tranny. 17k miles on the odometer w/out any problems yet. :crossing fingers:
Old 04-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Official BS Sniffer

I'll get back to you on that. We're taking the wrx up to carlsbad raceway week after next. W/all the mods that are currently on the car I'm expecting low 13's to high 12's. We'll see though, I know someone that pulled a 12.7 at the same track w/only a 65 shot of NOS, intake and exhaust. There is also another guy that ran a 12.49@108 w/only a 50 shot of nos and a cai. I don't wanna go the NOS route just yet. 12's on the stock turbo w/out NOS is what I'm trying to attain. Geez, those seem like pretty decent numbers from a car that you like to call a waste of time.

Yes, I'm on my original tranny. 17k miles on the odometer w/out any problems yet. :crossing fingers:
I was talking about STOCK WRXs when I said waste of time...all the WRXs that I've seen at the track have been VERY dissapointing, the BEST I've seen out of one was a 14.5...and I know they can do better. I've run a modded (at least exahuast) WRX and pulled him pretty bad...all the other WRXs I've raced were stock...

What mods do you have??
Old 04-22-2002, 12:30 PM
foolio at heart

I was talking about STOCK WRXs when I said waste of time...all the WRXs that I've seen at the track have been VERY dissapointing, the BEST I've seen out of one was a 14.5...and I know they can do better. I've run a modded (at least exahuast) WRX and pulled him pretty bad...all the other WRXs I've raced were stock...

What mods do you have??
Ah, ok. You're comparing apples to oranges then. I know for a fact that the 97 model year max's can be modded to make fast. I was smoked by one in the cls one time. The guy had the stillen supercharger kit and some other bolt ons. That car was no joke. A stock wrx needs more than a catback to get it going. The wrx comes factory equipped with 3 catalytic converters. One before the turbo (actually is a pre-cat) which hinders boost response substantially and 2 catalytic converters after the turbo. These 3 cats need to be removed before any substantial gains are realized.

I'm personally running the following performance mods:
  • Cusco stainless steel turbo headers
  • BPM twin dump turbo back stainless steel exhaust w/downpipe (removes two catalytic converters and replaces them w/one high flow cat
  • Samco induction pipe
  • Unichip piggyback ecu
  • MRT upgraded top mount intercooler w/GFB 50/50 blow off valve
  • Vishnu catless uppipe
  • AEM CAI
  • Vishnu underdrive pulleys
  • STI tranny and motor mounts
  • Blitz sbc-id and power meter

That's basically it for power adders, the rest of my mods are either suspension or cosmetic enhancers. I have other performance mods that will be installed once I can attain my set goal with the stock turbo.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Ah, ok. You're comparing apples to oranges then. I know for a fact that the 97 model year max's can be modded to make fast. I was smoked by one in the cls one time. The guy had the stillen supercharger kit and some other bolt ons. That car was no joke. A stock wrx needs more than a catback to get it going. The wrx comes factory equipped with 3 catalytic converters. One before the turbo (actually is a pre-cat) which hinders boost response substantially and 2 catalytic converters after the turbo. These 3 cats need to be removed before any substantial gains are realized.

I'm personally running the following performance mods:
  • Cusco stainless steel turbo headers
  • BPM twin dump turbo back stainless steel exhaust w/downpipe (removes two catalytic converters and replaces them w/one high flow cat
  • Samco induction pipe
  • Unichip piggyback ecu
  • MRT upgraded top mount intercooler w/GFB 50/50 blow off valve
  • Vishnu catless uppipe
  • AEM CAI
  • Vishnu underdrive pulleys
  • STI tranny and motor mounts
  • Blitz sbc-id and power meter

That's basically it for power adders, the rest of my mods are either suspension or cosmetic enhancers. I have other performance mods that will be installed once I can attain my set goal with the stock turbo.
Sounds sweet! Got any pics of your car?
Old 04-22-2002, 01:13 PM
foolio at heart

Sounds sweet! Got any pics of your car?
Thanx man. I have a couple of pics, but they are pretty old. I've done a couple other things to the car since these pics were taken.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Nice car....that looks SO much better than a stock WRX (I really don't like the stock front end AT ALL.

BTW- The maxima also has 3 cats....2 pre-cats, and 1 reg cat....removing those is where most of our power comes from...
Old 04-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

I will be camera boy that day.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Banned

Nice car....that looks SO much better than a stock WRX (I really don't like the stock front end AT ALL.

BTW- The maxima also has 3 cats....2 pre-cats, and 1 reg cat....removing those is where most of our power comes from...
Actually the 97 has 2 cats, 98 has 2, 99 has 3, 2000+ has 3.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:21 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Actually the 97 has 2 cats, 98 has 2, 99 has 3, 2000+ has 3.
actually Russ...you're WRONG....the only difference between the 99 and the earlier 4th gens is WHERE the pretcats are...on the 99's (cali-spec) they have the front precat IN the manifold...and the rear pre-cat in the y-pipe...fed spec 99s are just like the earlier 4th gens.

for my 97 there is one pre-cat for the front bank, one pre-cat for the rear bank (both in the y-pipe) and one main cat.....that would total...ah yes...THREE.

if you desire I will take a PICTURE of my 97s y-pipe and you can clearly SEE the 2 pre-cats IN the y-pipe. I have personally installed 4 y-pipes on different year maximas and I know how many pre-cats the stock y-pipe has...
Old 04-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Banned

No sir, you are very wrong. I have been under almost every year 4th gen and 5th gen Maxima. I orginally helped design the 1st Ypipe. I believe I know what the hell I am talking about.

97 calif maybe, but 97 fed there is only 1 precat, and one main cat.

98 same. I owned a 98. I even have some pictures somewhere I took of the ypipes. 99 is when the manifold changed to the 2000. That is why the 99-2001 fit mixed years. 99 has 2 precats on the ypipe, same for 2000, but 2001 went to the manifold.

Yea, take a picture, I'd like to see it. Fed? Or Calif? Fed there is no precat up front on a 97-98, one on the back one.

actually Russ...you're WRONG....the only difference between the 99 and the earlier 4th gens is WHERE the pretcats are...on the 99's (cali-spec) they have the front precat IN the manifold...and the rear pre-cat in the y-pipe...fed spec 99s are just like the earlier 4th gens.

for my 97 there is one pre-cat for the front bank, one pre-cat for the rear bank (both in the y-pipe) and one main cat.....that would total...ah yes...THREE.

if you desire I will take a PICTURE of my 97s y-pipe and you can clearly SEE the 2 pre-cats IN the y-pipe. I have personally installed 4 y-pipes on different year maximas and I know how many pre-cats the stock y-pipe has...
Old 04-22-2002, 11:11 PM
Official BS Sniffer

No sir, you are very wrong. I have been under almost every year 4th gen and 5th gen Maxima. I orginally helped design the 1st Ypipe. I believe I know what the hell I am talking about.

97 calif maybe, but 97 fed there is only 1 precat, and one main cat.

98 same. I owned a 98. I even have some pictures somewhere I took of the ypipes. 99 is when the manifold changed to the 2000. That is why the 99-2001 fit mixed years. 99 has 2 precats on the ypipe, same for 2000, but 2001 went to the manifold.

Yea, take a picture, I'd like to see it. Fed? Or Calif? Fed there is no precat up front on a 97-98, one on the back one.

I'll take a picture later this week when I get my fixed Cattman y-pipe back from Warpspeed...don't ask....I have the stock pipe on right now...and when I take it off I will DEFINITELY take a picture for you...
Old 04-23-2002, 07:53 AM
Banned

I'll take a picture later this week when I get my fixed Cattman y-pipe back from Warpspeed...don't ask....I have the stock pipe on right now...and when I take it off I will DEFINITELY take a picture for you...
Cattman Syndrome. lol
Old 04-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Cattman Syndrome. lol
riiiiight
Old 04-23-2002, 07:42 PM
im back

and the only proof you have is what maxima.org says right.....right so stop talking, i really wish you lived in new york so i could shit on you over and over again
Old 04-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

and the only proof you have is what maxima.org says right.....right so stop talking, i really wish you lived in new york so i could shit on you over and over again
Can you even drive a car? Your vocabulary is down at a 10th grade level, as is your maturity.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:26 PM
im back

but yet you keep taking time out of your "big mature life" to argue with a "10th" grader so who's maturity is low.....
Old 04-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Senior Moderator

alright girls lay either take it to email/aim or i'm closing the thread.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:13 PM
im back

Sorry

Quick Reply: Brand new Maxima 6 speed...