A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

well, a member of clubsi.com had a buddy who is a honda service tech. In a quest to find out what the '04S2k felt like in Vtec, he asked his friend(service tech) to take him on a joy ride in a brand new s2k(off the lot). he took pics, and a video, of their escapade:

http://aditemp2.home.comcast.net/Mov03044.zip
(download and unzip, to view the video)

he then posted the pics and the video, on the clubsi forums:

club si post

someone from www.s2ki.com saw this, and posted a link to this on the s2ki forums:

s2ki.com post

the guys(drama queens) on the s2k forums, then called the honda dealer where the tech worked, and got him fired, for redlining a brand new car!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Has been sold for a while

Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

Originally posted by 03TL_PlaTinUM
well, a member of clubsi.com had a buddy who is a honda service tech. In a quest to find out what the '04S2k felt like in Vtec, he asked his friend(service tech) to take him on a joy ride in a brand new s2k(off the lot). he took pics, and a video, of their escapade:

http://aditemp2.home.comcast.net/Mov03044.zip
(download and unzip, to view the video)

he then posted the pics and the video, on the clubsi forums:

club si post

someone from www.s2ki.com saw this, and posted a link to this on the s2ki forums:

s2ki.com post

the guys(drama queens) on the s2k forums, then called the honda dealer where the tech worked, and got him fired, for redlining a brand new car!
He deserves to be fired. I would hate to buy a car(especially an S2000) that was beat on prior to proper break in.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Re: Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

Originally posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
He deserves to be fired. I would hate to buy a car(especially an S2000) that was beat on prior to proper break in.
yeah but, i heard that its only engines from old cars that needed break-in. do modern day engines really need it? or is it much ado about nothing?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
that video was worthless he barely drove it
Old 11-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Safety Car

that white o4 look very sweet
Old 11-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fired for that shit????I don't believe it. I just don't see it happening. The only reason I could think of him getting fired for is because of him taking the car around town and shit w/ a friend in the car and a video camera. I don't think he would get fired for revving high. As far as break in period...I don't believe in them what so ever...it's a waste of time. 90% of vehicles sold in the US today get beat on and redlined before the car even hits the dealer...and then when the pdi tech fuels the car...you don't see engines dropping left and right...complete waste of time.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:37 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

nice
Old 11-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Here's my take...

Did the guy have permission to drive the car?

Was the car over the break-in of 600 miles?

If either of the answers were 'NO', then something should have been done. Job termination? Maybe not that harsh, but...

If my car was driven like that, before the break-in, and I found out about it I'd be super PISSED. Break-in periods are there for a reason. it was a pretty unspirited drive, but a TECH of all people should be a bit more respectful, don't you think?
Old 11-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
nowhere does it say he got fired...did I miss something? Says he was 'written up'
Old 11-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by zeroday
nowhere does it say he got fired...did I miss something? Says he was 'written up'
Doesn't the sk2i thread have verbage in there that he's "gone"?
Old 11-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Race Director

yeah but on the other honda forum his buddy says he just got written up. i'd sooner believe that guy then those whiney little assholes that turned him in.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Working with Lumberg.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fired would be a touch much... I hope you are correct zeroday...
Old 11-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't see the big deal. The guy ran thru the gears real quick. Every car I test drive, I do the same thing to get a feel for the performance.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Guy gets fired for that??? I've done worse than that with the salesman in the car.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Old timer

Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

He was only written up
He deserves to be written up and possibly fired for that shit. No one should get away with that shit. Would YOU want to buy a car abused before you ever drove it?

If you think that's rough, tough shit grow some fucking morals and treat others' cars as you would want yours to be treated.

Hopefully he also got written up for being a jerk and yelling FUCKING ASSHOLE at someone while on the clock on a "test drive".
Old 11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Re: Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

Originally posted by JRock
If you think that's rough, tough shit grow some fucking morals and treat others' cars as you would want yours to be treated.
"morals"? what is this automotive philosophy now? cars get red lined all the time on test drives...

it's kinda shitty for whomever buys that car but really... who gives a flip?
Old 11-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Old timer

So you're saying you don't believe people should have respect for others' cars...

Next time you have to bring your car in for service, have fun worrying about what the techs might do with it on the "road test".

Re: people redlining on test drives - only kids and immature people do that on test drives. And there is nothing to stop them whereas techs have their job at stake and thus there is something hanging over their head to hopefully keep them from doing it.

There is NO need to ever redline a brand new car on a test drive. Ever.

99% of us don't REALLY need to feel the full performance of the car because the performance numbers are already listed all over the place and the cars are reviewed in mags and on websites. You want to feel the full performance, go to the forum for a given car and meet up with a member who'd be happy to show you the full performance and maybe even let you drive their car.

I recently test drove the 350Z, 03 s2000, and Evo8 and didn't take them over the requested rpms per salesperson's instructions.

I wanted to know what the Evo felt like going all-out and mentioning that on evolutionm.net I got offers from two people in my area who would be glad to let me drive theirs. I also went to a meet and got to ride in one doing a skyline drive run down in VA.

Point being you're wrong.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Race Director

he didn't abuse that car. now if he was popping the clutch and doing donuts mayube but nah he was just stretching its legs. i'd still buy that car as new, no big deal....some people are so damn anal.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Old timer

Re: Re: Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

Originally posted by civic4982
who gives a flip?
anybody who wants to break their car in properly
Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Old timer

he didn't abuse that car. now if he was popping the clutch and doing donuts mayube but nah he was just stretching its legs. i'd still buy that car as new, no big deal....some people are so damn anal.
any car enthusiast wants to be the first one to pop the WOT cherry on their car and also wants to give it a proper break in. you may not feel this way but many of us do.

hey, how about when you're about to get married, i come bang your wife the night before. she'll still be good as new, i'll be gentle. i'll just "stretch her legs". no big deal... don't be anal.

substitute "married" and "wife" for "the day after your daughter turns 18" for you old folk.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Re: Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

anybody who wants to break their car in properly
many argue that you SHOULD take your car to redline during the break in. there is no universally accepted dictionary definition of how to do a 'correct' break in...
Old 11-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Old timer

it's the principle of it, but perhaps you're too dense to understand that :sqntfawk:
Old 11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Race Director

hey, how about when you're about to get married, i come bang your wife the night before. she'll still be good as new, i'll be gentle. i'll just "stretch her legs". no big deal... don't be anal.

substitute "married" and "wife" for "the day after your daughter turns 18" for you old folk.
um its a car. if someone else driving your car=someone banging your woman, then you've got issues.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Old timer

it's just a girl, what's so important?

You probably don't think anything of keying someone else's car either, do you.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Race Director

it's the principle of it, but perhaps you're too dense to understand that :sqntfawk:

ooh tough guy.

(cue braveheart soundtrack)

ride keyboard warrior ride!!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Old timer

ooh tough guy.

(cue braveheart soundtrack)

ride keyboard warrior ride!!
Is that what you resort to when you realize you have nothing to say? :shakehd:

It's okay if you're so pitiful you have no concern for the well-being of others or their property, but don't come crying when someone messes with your stuff.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Race Director

Is that what you resort to when you realize you have nothing to say? :shakehd:

It's okay if you're so pitiful you have no concern for the well-being of others or their property, but don't come crying when someone messes with your stuff.
its what i resort to when little boys try to be big bad tough guys on the internet. i'd be happy to meet you in person if you'd like to repeat your comments to me face to face. otherwise, i'm done with you.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: So you're saying you don't believe people should have respect for others' cars...

Next time you have to bring your car in for service, have fun worrying about what the techs might do with it on the "road test".

Re: people redlining on test drives - only kids and immature people do that on test drives. And there is nothing to stop them whereas techs have their job at stake and thus there is something hanging over their head to hopefully keep them from doing it.

There is NO need to ever redline a brand new car on a test drive. Ever.

99% of us don't REALLY need to feel the full performance of the car because the performance numbers are already listed all over the place and the cars are reviewed in mags and on websites. You want to feel the full performance, go to the forum for a given car and meet up with a member who'd be happy to show you the full performance and maybe even let you drive their car.

I recently test drove the 350Z, 03 s2000, and Evo8 and didn't take them over the requested rpms per salesperson's instructions.

I wanted to know what the Evo felt like going all-out and mentioning that on evolutionm.net I got offers from two people in my area who would be glad to let me drive theirs. I also went to a meet and got to ride in one doing a skyline drive run down in VA.

Point being you're wrong.
My 55 year old father redlines every car he test drives, I guess he is immature He wants to feel how the car performs before he buys it. Mag times dont tell you everything, such as how well the auto tranny responds when downshifting. He has ruled out a few cars because their trannies are too slow to respond. As for breaking it in, I might get flamed for this, but in modern engines its pretty much useless. The tolerances in modern engines is so precise. I mean look at race engines, my friends was put right on the engine dyno and redlined. The engine was placed in his Lola and then raced.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Race Director

Even though he didn't really beat on it the Tech had no right to take the car out.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Race Director

If Zeroday does meet JRock someome be sure to get THAT on tape.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Even though he didn't really beat on it the Tech had no right to take the car out.
agreed. i don't think he should lose his job for it though....and he shouldn't have been snitched on for this in the first place. could have been handled better.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Re: Re: Re: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]

yeah but, i heard that its only engines from old cars that needed break-in. do modern day engines really need it? or is it much ado about nothing?

I don't feel they need break in, and a lot of my buddies who build motors agree
Old 11-06-2003, 06:26 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
I will never buy a car w/o giving it a good little beating before buying it
Old 11-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Old timer

wait wait wait, did anyone else just see someone threaten me over the Internet. I believe that would make them the Internet Toughguy who has to resort to physical threats because they couldn't think of anything worth saying to further their failed point.

What a fucking joke, huh? It's bad enough he has no concern for others - and when I called him on that he goes so far as to threaten me. Typical.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Race Director

just thought i'd share jrock's pm with everyone

JRock wrote on 11-06-2003 10:41 PM:
You don't belong posting on an Internet forum if you can't get your point across with text. If you're going to be a reactionary hot-head and resort to threatening other forum members, maybe you shouldn't bother getting into debates with anyone at all... before you end up threatening the entire forum.
thanks for the laugh jrock! hilarious!!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Old timer

You're welcome. I'm the one laughing (at how incompetent you are at conversing on an Internet forum).
Old 11-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is funny as hell, mostly you JRock( who works at a car dealership). Cars are beaten on all the time, from managers, salespeople, service techs, customers even down to clean up guys. I understand you taking the high ground on this, but I assure new Acuras are abused on your lot on a daily basis. Service Techs rag on cars all the time on PDI drives and if you think your $7 an hour lot tech cares about a break in period when he goes to fill a car up, you are living in a dream world

*not referring to your fued with zeroday
Old 11-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Old timer

I never said all those people do the right thing, I'm just saying that I treat cars that are not mine with respect, because that's how I'd like mine to be treated. I'm not oblivious to reality - I know full well there are plenty of people who have no concern for others' property. I've seen it happen at my dealership too.

My attitude remains unchanged and I'll continue to do what I feel is proper. And when someone who is doing something wrong gets punished for it, good. Standing up for them just makes one look like a fool.

Calling people who have an opinion on this matter similar to mine "anal" is pathetic and just shows the level of one's mentality to go so far as to look down on people who actually take care and respect others' property.

Lack of respect is sad but it has become acceptable. I don't even care (you've never seen me start a thread complaining about how people treat my car or anything even similar to that) but when someone goes so far as to crap on people who do care, that shows what a lowlife they really are.

But generally what goes around comes around and perhaps one day they'll learn respect the hard way.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

1 word, weak
Old 11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

If you were selling me a car Jrock, and you told me to keep it under a certain redline or some bullshit YOU WOULD NOT MAKE A SALE! In fact I would probably talk to one of your fellow sales buddies and they would get the sale.

That PM shit is hilarious!@!

reading numbers out of a mag or getting a ride with someone who owns the vehicle is not the same as driving it yourself. If you believe this you are living in a dream world

Quick Reply: A brand new 2004S2k, 8,000rpms, and a whole lot of trouble![VIDEO]