Brake upgrade - is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Got a Job!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake upgrade - is this a good deal?

FULL BRAKE UPGRADE... 95 LEGEND 2 PISTON FRONT CALIPERS + ROTORA SLOTTED ROTORS ALL 4 + AXXIS ULTIMATE PADS (front&back) + GOODRIDGE SS BRAKE LINES + MOTUL BLUE FLUID NEVER INSTALLED THIS IS THE BEST SET-UP BESIDES THE BREMBO BIG BRAKE KIT THAT YOU CAN BUY. PRICE $600 + YOUR STOCK FRONT CALIPERS. (SORRY BUT NEED TO TURN THOSE IN)

That is what Bfor3 is selling in the black market. I wanted to know if it's worth the extra $250-300 to get the 95 legend 2 piston front calipers? Will that do anything better? Also, would anybody be able to help install this in the so cal area, or know how much it would run to get it installed? Thanks!

`John
Old 09-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Got a Job!

bump...anybody??
Old 09-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
You actually might have better luck finding responses/information about this on Honda-Tech b/c there are some guys over there that run that setup. The only thing is they are running that setup on Accords and Preludes. So the difference for them will be better braking. For you, I don't know since the braking is pretty good on CL's. (Besides the stock rotors and pads which should be )
Old 09-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Audi S4 driver

Originally Posted by Excelerate
For you, I don't know since the braking is pretty good on CL's.
I hope your kidding!

Unless you've never driven any other car, I can't see how you think the CLS's braking is even halfway decent.

My second job is a valet parker at a restaurant .. so I drive many types of nice cars .. our brakes SUCK. Even with slotted rotors and performance pads its still very un-impressive. Improved, but unimpressive.

A friend of mine with a civic CX hatch just upgraded to the braking system off a Type R .. I 've heard this is a pretty common upgrade for honda's. its actually a GSR booster with ITR calipers. I dont get why acura didnt give the Type S bigger brakes? most other car companies that have a sport model of a car that gets a bump up in suspension and speed also get brakes .. even the new 6spd TL's have better calipers .. did they think the CLS's wouldn't ever have to come to a stop? Even the new 05 RSX-S has larger brakes than the regular RSX.

I've heard these 2 piston legend calipers mentioned before. They would certainly have more clamping force than our one pistons. This might stop the mushy pedal feel that the CLS has. Has anyone driven a 95 legend? how are the brakes? This might actually be worth it ..

Are they bolt on?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Actually Blader I've driven cars ranging from Z4's to Honda Civic's and the CL has pretty decent braking. Despite the common problem with the factory rotors of warping/vibration I have found the ROTORA slotted rotors and Axxis Ultimate Pads to have a serious bite and good stopping power. Even Consumer Guide has noted the CL for having good braking power.

"Braking is swift, stable, confident, and easy to modulate, with little nosedive in panic stops."

This is from http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...ex.cfm/id/2485

But maybe those automotive experts are "kidding".