BLXMJX: Question for you

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLXMJX: Question for you

Can you send me an email or post the details of that dyno you posted? I have a few questions I asked in http://209.113.46.91/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002128.html

Many Thanks,

Chris Koncur
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 03-04-2001, 11:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i believe he's posted the dyno MANY times...try using the search function
Old 03-04-2001, 11:43 PM
Banned

CLPower:

I know he did, i have the links to it in the thread http://209.113.46.91/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002128.html however, if your read that message thread you will see some of the questions I have concerning it... Wondering from where he had gotten it or any detials surrounding the actual type of Dyno done......

Chris
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 03-04-2001, 11:51 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xephyr2K:
CLPower:

I know he did, i have the links to it in the thread http://209.113.46.91/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002128.html however, if your read that message thread you will see some of the questions I have concerning it... Wondering from where he had gotten it or any detials surrounding the actual type of Dyno done......

Chris
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

</font>
AEM dynoed it for him...i think it was a dynojet...not sure though...if i talk to him today i'll refer him to this thread
Old 03-04-2001, 11:53 PM
foolio at heart

I've read your post and have forwarded this email to Eric from AEM. He will address each and every one of your ridiculous claims himself. The dyno that was posted was straight from AEM. All the info that I have posted is for the benefit of the board members. AEM wasnt even planning on releasing that dyno info. I kept badgering them about it once I heard how well the type s intake did. I think it is very unprofessional of you to question the authenticity in the way that you did. Especially since you market your intake with AEM's own bypass valve. There is something in the industry called professional courtesy, you should practice it. I personally think that you were hoping that youre CAI would dyno close to or even better than the AEM. When your intake didn't perform you needed to cry foul about their results. This purely sounds like sour grapes to me

Just for clarification:
1)The AEM dyno's are done on a dynojet dyno.
@ R&D dyno in Gardena, CA
2)The results from the dyno's are then imported to excel to ease the reading of the dyno.
3)The dyno results are SAE corrected. The uncorrected results were actually higher than the corrected results.
4)The torque numbers are high because the intakes are tuned for torque, aren't yours?
Apparently not.

Xephyr, Eric, will post his response in a separate thread. Stay tuned for some enlightenment. Just to clarify, I do not work for AEM in any way shape or form. I'm plain and simply an enthusiast that wants to get the most out of my cl type s, without any hidden agendas. Can you make the same claim, Xephyr?
Old 03-05-2001, 12:20 AM
Banned

BLXJMX:

If you read my thread again you will see that I asked these questions as a Type S owner and as a competitor. However I did maintain a professional demeanor in the message and everyone here has the right to ask any and all of the same questions of me. The fact that this is NOT a standard output from any DynoJet Inc. dynometer that is using DynoJet Control Center Software or WinPep 1.0 - 6.2.3 is cause of speculation. Furthermore, If anyone in group is willing to take their care to a Dynocenter utilizing standard software and outputs Xephyr Performance, LLC. will reimburse you for four runs - 2 with AEM CAI and 2 with factory assembly either with or without resonator box up to $160.00 . In addition to the fact that even the Car type is in error "2000 Acura CL Type S" ?? I am not bitter at all and if in these are factual numbers that can be even closely reproduced by any of our members I will GLADLY PRINT A RETRACTION

The fact that I use AEM's Bypass valve is not for any other reason then US Patent Has been applied for by AEM for this device. Therefore it would be a redundancy for me to attempt the same. In addition, to the fact the cost and total investment by Xephyr performance to utilize it is less then fabricating our own.

My concerns are legitimate and I have no fear in asking legitimate questions when the stakes are high. Questioning my professionalism for inquiring is not "Sour Grapes" it is a right any consumer has. As any automotive engineer will agree - "tuning" for torque performance that yields +10 to +29 foot/lbs of torque on a naturally aspirated engine by free flowing induction is incredibly high efficiency and I will gladly review Xephyr Performance CAI design to maximize potential gains.

Christopher J Koncur
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 03:50 AM
foolio at heart

The odd thing to me is, why did you come out now to voice your concerns about the dyno. I originally posted those dyno #'s over 3 months ago. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that you start voice your concerns on the same day that your cai is finally dynoed.

Here,
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/001503.html

So you state that you will reimburse to any of our members for four runs with AEM CAI and stock assembly. At this point I volunteer and am willing to take you up on this offer. Thanks for the free dyno time . Just give me an email so we can make payment arrangements.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:05 AM
Banned

BLXMJX:

As my orginal post had mentioned the first person to inquire will receive the Dyno Time.Of which two have already emailed me and the first to have time available to schedule a dyno will receive it. Regardless, I did not pay much attention to the Dyno you had posted as it was of no concern to me until after I had tested my car and realized a significant difference that did not make sense, then I noticed the wrong year printed for the car, then I took notice of the fact that it is NOT an actual Dynjet Plot... Why a company would import the results into an excel spreadsheet as you explain is particulary odd as well... And to mis-type the year of the vehicle... Not something you would think a major company like AEM would do is it? The after all these issues came to light I looked into a few other Dyno's posted and realized that the chart you posted and unrivaled torque gains for an item that fundamentally reduces torque by its very nature... Torque gains that are greater then V-AFC, Headers, etc .... which do actually impact your torque curve significantly.....

I'd prefer to stick to the issues, my reason for interest in the chart you posted is obvious. I am a competitor... You posted results of my leading Competitor with results that seem very odd.

I am maintaining a professional interest in this. If you would like to continue with the petty gripes email me offline and let's not saturate the board with our bickering. I'd like to see the facts ... not the explanation of opinion.

Does anyone else here find anything somewhat odd about the discrepencies I have listed? I am obviously looking after my own interests and am biased greatly.

Chris Koncur
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Xephyr2K (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 04:16 AM
Racer

I definitely have to side with BLXJMX on this one. Xypher, I feel for you that you went through all the effort of developing an intake, but you can't do business by attacking a reputable performance company. A company that has an 8 second civic, where is your's?
AEM has considerably more research capability at it's disposal, and should not be blamed for producing a quality intake. At least you have the marketability of "the value leader!"

------------------
CoMpTeCh HeAdErS
eIbAcH sPrInGs
AeM cAi
Old 03-05-2001, 04:20 AM
teh Senior Instigator

i'll believe all this hype when i see backed up dyno's from both company's. As of now they are both just flukes in my book.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:39 AM
teh Senior Instigator

xephrx,

i remember back on the old board someone had a dyno done that listed the car as a 2000 CLS, because the software for the dyno did not give the option to list 2001.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:58 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
xephrx,

i remember back on the old board someone had a dyno done that listed the car as a 2000 CLS, because the software for the dyno did not give the option to list 2001.
</font>
CLPower:

That is not a concern in and of itself, its just when combined with everything else that it got my attention.

Chris
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 05:37 AM
foolio at heart

Here ya go Xephyr,
http://209.113.46.91/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002145.html