Black Storm Performance Module?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Storm Performance Module?

Has anyone tried this ? This is on eBay for like $25 shipped.

Too good to be true?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Total ripoff. I just searched and saw a Black Storm "performance chip" for a Mitsubishi Lancer which guarantees 75 HP for only $8.79.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
If that stuff actually worked you'd see it in every car on the market and everyone would be talking about them. The 5¢ resistor in a $2 case from Radio Shack turns a nice profit for the seller though.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Junk!!!

Move on!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:41 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.
Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well I... What?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Racer

Total rip off. Unless you have forced unduction on your car it is a waste. Even then any chip (Superchips, DiabloSport,etc...) will cost you no less than $250. More if you wanted a dyno-tune.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:06 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Nitin
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.
Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well I... What?
I love that movie...ok, thanks Nitin!