Bitch-slapped an IS300

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
I posted this kill because it was a kill, NOT because it was an IS300. It could have been a Pinto for all I care. The gesture just added some spice to the story.

Fact is, the punk who was driving the car was driving an IS300. I'm not here to make a stereotype. I posted a kill story. I don't know why these IS300 threads go off on the biggest tangent possible.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IS300included
I've got my dyno time in two days. I'll post my proof then.

The reason the S/C for the IS provides so much more power is because it runs at a higher boost pressure than the comptech unit. The 2JZ-GE is a motor that can handle high boost.... the V-6 in the CL and TL can't... plain and simple.
Please do provide the dyno plot; I'm curious how it looks. Is this for the automatic or manual??

As for the boost issue; although the 2JZ-GE motor can certainly handle boost as have been proven, how can you make broad statements about the J32A2 engine?? It is unknown how well this engine can handle boost; it hasn't been tested. As far as we know it could be great under boost or could blow apart at 7 PSI.

The limits are unknown at this point and should be reserved until there is some history of vehicle running under artificial atmosphere levels. If you were to say that the 5-Speed automatic transaxle can't handle the power might hold some water. But making an all encompassing statement about the engine is not welcome until there is evidence. One reason for the lack of cars running a blower is first and foremost, the lack of a bolt on kit. Secondly the transaxle failures have probably played a part in the slow development of a kit.

I'm not worried about the transaxle as I have a 6-Speed and historically Honda has made a good manual.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Banned

You know what I decided here?

This is all pointless...

We don't need to argue.... You drive yours, I'll drive mine. How bout that???

I'm out.

Peace.

hold on fuck face, you still havent shown us any proof of this supercharger that, by itself, essentially DOUBLES the output of your motor stock....

bullshitt...
Old 01-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Scrib
I posted this kill because it was a kill, NOT because it was an IS300. It could have been a Pinto for all I care. The gesture just added some spice to the story.

Fact is, the punk who was driving the car was driving an IS300. I'm not here to make a stereotype. I posted a kill story. I don't know why these IS300 threads go off on the biggest tangent possible.
To answer your question:
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13330258

It seems this guy Jim enjoys this type of shit.

I personally thinks it's dumb, and gets absolutely nowhere.

To all you CL guys: I like your cars. I was torn between the CL-S and the IS when I was shopping around. In the end, the IS won out, for me. I'm sure a lot of you have similar stories, and for you, in the end the CL won out.

We're all enthusiasts, and we all have nice cars. This flamming shit is petty and immature.

Take it easy.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Banned

by the way, that piece of shit was lying about his supercharger that gives 165 whp....no surprise there...

http://www.prolexperformance.com/nav...ercharger.html

he claimed 330-345 WHP

the site says it does a MAX of 305 WHP

what a fucking tool...nice lie douche bag
Old 01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

i was wrong... I got some bad information and was dumb enough to repeat it. I'm sorry. Here's the dyno sheet for the PLP BD-11 S/C for the IS300 five speed.

That sheet is for the auto, PLP claims that the manual will get about 10-15 more HP out of the charger.... I dunno why though.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

i was wrong... I got some bad information and was dumb enough to repeat it. I'm sorry. Here's the dyno sheet for the PLP BD-11 S/C for the IS300 five speed.

That sheet is for the auto, PLP claims that the manual will get about 10-15 more HP out of the charger.... I dunno why though.

http://www.prolexperformance.com/nav...s300dynomedium[1].jpg

Oh, and why am I a piece of shit???? Cause I drive a different car? Because I relayed some bad info by mistake? Oh gee sorry.

Well to tell you guys the truth, if you think I'm a piece of shit, I don't care. Think what you will.....
Old 01-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

BTW, to double the wheel output from boost along would require about 18 PSI boost from a non-intercooled blower. The boost ratio is a good way of determining output. If you run one BAR (one atmosphere boost) it will not give you double the output due inefficiencies in compression, can’t get away from the Ideal Gas Law. Even at 80% efficiency you might gain 75% more power at one BAR boost.

The only blowers that will generate that much boost efficiently are centrifugal units. Even though the IS300 engine is stout, some type of intercooling would be required to run 18 psi boost. But if an IC were run, not as much boost is needed. To give the benefit of doubt and that other parts are used to aid in the power production, I would say that the blower used would need to generate about 14 PSI boost and run an intercooler in order to double the wheel HP output.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Administrator Alumnus

You know what I decided here?

This is all pointless...

We don't need to argue.... You drive yours, I'll drive mine. How bout that???

I'm out.

Peace.
Hey fuckchop. Just because someone else happens to ask if the dickhead who acted like a punk was on IS300.net, doesn't give YOU the right to say -

Yeah I made an obscene gesture to Scrib's wife.
You give Jim shit about acting like a retard, and then you decide to take the lead.

I don't know you, and you don't know me. So I really don't see a need for you to be a DICKHED towards me, when I never said shit to you.

You're the kind of amoeba that gives IS300 people a bad rap.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Cruisin'

hey.... scrib.

I didn't intend for you to read that, but ok. Look dude, the insult was directed towards jimbo and no more.....

If you look at the name of his thread on the IS300 forum, you'll see that he deserved my insult too.....

I didn't come onto your forumand call all of you guys losers... now did I??????
Old 01-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

So about a 40% gain in wheel HP, not too bad bringing the ante up to about 245. That wouldn't be too bad on a 3200 lb car. But still a bit shy from my NA CL-S6... :P

My Dyno

I expect, or rather will try to tune the car to make 320WHP when I strap on the Comptech blower. Depending on how the knock counts are I may try to get a smaller pulley and run about 7 - 8 PSI boost. This should raise it up to the 340 range if tuned properly.

This talk is all in fun, it is just a car and it is nice we have choices out there.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Administrator Alumnus

hey.... scrib.

I didn't intend for you to read that, but ok. Look dude, the insult was directed towards jimbo and no more.....

If you look at the name of his thread on the IS300 forum, you'll see that he deserved my insult too.....

I didn't come onto your forumand call all of you guys losers... now did I??????
Was that an apology????

Still uncalled for...

Again, as I stated in my previous post, I'm not going to get involved in the pissing match here. I just posted a kill story. You wanna insult other members here, that's your call. But there's no reason to bring ME and/or my WIFE into your cat fight.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah, the PLP charger is a pretty good little piece. The cool thing about it is all of the upgrades PLP sells (that are made for the BD-11).

As it turns out, the original figure I gave (330) is the final number with the PLP charger and all it's little upgrades. These include a smaller pulley, header, intercooler, exhaust, and computer update (basically a software update).

When it's all said and done, to get 330-350 out of the IS would cost around $5500 at most.

And of course I install everything myself.

BTW - at the local "Fun Drags" at the Raceway in Sacramento, I saw a dude in a turbo'd CL-S (It must have been a custom home-made turbo kit cause it looked like shit) run a 13.1, that was pretty damn imopressive.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:44 PM
What, me drive fast?

You guys don't read on this forum do you?
I ALREADY SAID THAT THE CL-S IS FASTER STOCK.
YOU deal with it.
Whoa...you got me! So sorry!

This thread is so funny. I don't recall anyone saying that the IS300 is a bad car. In fact, this all started because someone made an observation that a lot of IS300 drivers are tools. Then you (IS300included) feel the need to defend the tools that drive IS300s. Man...why are people on this forum so damn touchy? We all love our cars...now lets all relax!

Old 01-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Cruisin'

IS300included's final statement:

I love my car. You love your car. Who cares about anything else?
Old 01-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

As it turns out, the original figure I gave (330) is the final number with the PLP charger and all it's little upgrades. These include a smaller pulley, header, intercooler, exhaust, and computer update (basically a software update).

BTW - at the local "Fun Drags" at the Raceway in Sacramento, I saw a dude in a turbo'd CL-S (It must have been a custom home-made turbo kit cause it looked like shit) run a 13.1, that was pretty damn imopressive.
It is nice that the there is the variety of resources for the IS300. That whole kit sounds interesting, I assume it is a centrifugal blower??

A Turbo CL-S?? That is the first we have heard of one around here. There is a guy making one but still weeks away from completion and this is also a custom kit.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:48 PM
What, me drive fast?

Ah! We agree then!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Cruisin'

The BD-11 is a screw-type blower. That's all the website says.

The guy with the Turbo CL-S is an interesting fellow.... he's the type of guy that throws a 5.0 mustang motor into a focus. But his CL is DEFINETLY turboed..... it's cool shit. Under the hood it just looks like the guy went nuts with a few rolls of tinfoil.

Why doesn't anybody turbo the CL???? When I saw the one at the drags, I thought it was commonplace..... it just seemed logical.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

If it is a screw type blower then it is a positive displacement style which is better for low end torque. This is similar to the Comptech blower which should also have an intercooler later this year.

One of the more difficult areas of a turbo is the manifold and exhaust plumbing. No one makes a kit for the J32A2 so each design is a one-off. This means that it is out of the question for 99.999999% of the owners.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Busy Living

Ok asshat, I'm one of those faggy dicks.

All you have proved in your previous post was that YOU in fact are the faggy dick. You just displayed that you are judgemental, uninteligent, and just a plain asshole.

It's just too ironic that the IS owner spelled unintelligent wrong.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Busy Living

Oh what???? Poor baby can't deal with a little ownT????

Or does your fag-ass lack the inteligence to think up a more well thought out response???

People like you should just do existense a favor an kill themselves.

TWICE!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:13 AM

Hey, again good kill!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

When it's all said and done, to get 330-350 out of the IS would cost around $5500 at most.
bullshit. lets see some actual price figures instead of your estimations
Old 01-15-2003, 06:28 PM

bullshit. lets see some actual price figures instead of your estimations
BTW, with the stock tranny. The tranny can handle it's power and a whole lot more.