Beware of FREE NJ State Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Beware of FREE NJ State Inspection

Guess what, I waited 50 minutes in line to get my NJ FREE state inspection. The morons were abusing my car so much that my wheel alignment got fuked up. I could feel imeadeatly that the car does not go straight on a perfect road like it used to do before.
They put those cars on some wheels and press acelerator like crazzy having your wheel spin fast without having car to move.
They had some old cars there, but the morron gave my car the most abuse he could put on it.

second, my parking brake got streched almost by twice from what it used to be. Now it has big strech and I have to pull the pedal all the way down before it takes affect.

FREE Inspection, but now my car at the dealer getting wheel alignment for $80

Rember I thought I don't need wheel alignment cause things were perfect? Well try NJ inspection, you will need it for sure.

In Pensylvania things are better, you have to pay money, but at least you can take it to your mechaic who will take care of your car. I guess in NJ i could do the same thing, well, lesson is learned...
Old 11-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I need to get my car inspected this month...Which DMV did you go to? I usually go to monmouth county, eatontown... I dont remember them abusing my car 2 years ago. I dont think i would have let them I was standing right next to the car while it was being inspected.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Slooo97CL
I need to get my car inspected this month...Which DMV did you go to? I usually go to monmouth county, eatontown... I dont remember them abusing my car 2 years ago. I dont think i would have let them I was standing right next to the car while it was being inspected.
I went to the one in Cherry Hill, NJ ( near route 38). They put some serious RPMS on my car making tires spinon those stupid rolleys, I guess thats what caused alignment getting messed up...

Another thing to watch out is your parking brake, they willl pull it all the way... beyond of where it supposed to be... ( very soon you will need parking brake adjustment)

I don't know, I was irritated by the whole thing... bunch of morons having no idea what they are doing, the fuking guy did not know how to drive my car ( I guess its to difficult to figure out how to put in drive semi-automatic shift ??).

I guess what could you expect from Federal Employees
Old 11-02-2002, 11:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea i brought the Camaro to Kilmer in Edison. They put it on the spinny thing and floored the shit out of it. Then the guy spins my tires, and says to me, while blasting my music, "THIS SHITS GOT MAD PICKUP YO". I was like "Are you fuckin kidden me???" He moved my seat all the way back, blasted my radio, and spun my tires. Then, while putting the sticker on, he scratched up my dash. (I had to get the car inspected in Jersey cuz i bought it in Pennsyvania)
Old 11-02-2002, 11:36 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Red Nj-s
Yea i brought the Camaro to Kilmer in Edison. They put it on the spinny thing and floored the shit out of it. Then the guy spins my tires, and says to me, while blasting my music, "THIS SHITS GOT MAD PICKUP YO". I was like "Are you fuckin kidden me???" He moved my seat all the way back, blasted my radio, and spun my tires. Then, while putting the sticker on, he scratched up my dash. (I had to get the car inspected in Jersey cuz i bought it in Pennsyvania)
I hope they blow my car up...they can pay for a 03 type S for me heh. You should have punched the scumbag in the jaw.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Slooo97CL
I hope they blow my car up...they can pay for a 03 type S for me heh. You should have punched the scumbag in the jaw.

I doubt the state will do anything for you, unless you sue the state or something like that
Old 11-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Shere Ne Pi Estavaros

yeah i live in edison and i took my car to the kilmer station too...after they spun my wheel he called all the freakin workers over to look at my car and started wasting my freakin time..then he gave me a card to some car show or something...morons..
Old 11-02-2002, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by russianDude
I went to the one in Cherry Hill, NJ ( near route 38)...
That's why I don't go to that one anymore. There is one down Route 38 past Mount Holly. They are great. They babied my car. Even wanted to make sure that I wouldn't scrape on the rollers as they drove over it.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Got my car back from the dealer, alignment is back to normal!
Old 11-02-2002, 04:54 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Damn, my coworker was just complaining about his GS-R inspection at the DMV in Jersey City by Communipaw, said they ran it on the rollers until they hit the rev limiter. He also said they popped his hood and asked about any modifications he made. (Just CAI, AFAIK)

I thought it was odd... My last inspection experience was October of last year in my GF's car at Secaucus. They were pretty quick and professional, didn't even hear them rev and they didn't pop the hood.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Just FYI: Rude treatment at DMV inspection stations was the subject of yesterday's Road Warrior column in the Bergen Record. Here's an except -

"If you feel you've been treated shabbily at a state inspection station and wish to file a complaint, call Parsons toll-free at (888) 656-6867 or through the Web site www.cleanairnj.org."

I couldn't find any kind of complaint link at the url listed, just a "contact us" button. But by all means, please call the toll-free number.

(Russiandude, they may reimburse you for the wheel alignment and parking brake adjustment.)
Old 11-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by IntegraVT
Just FYI: Rude treatment at DMV inspection stations was the subject of yesterday's Road Warrior column in the Bergen Record. Here's an except -

"If you feel you've been treated shabbily at a state inspection station and wish to file a complaint, call Parsons toll-free at (888) 656-6867 or through the Web site www.cleanairnj.org."

I couldn't find any kind of complaint link at the url listed, just a "contact us" button. But by all means, please call the toll-free number.

(Russiandude, they may reimburse you for the wheel alignment and parking brake adjustment.)
I am going to file a complaint.... But I doubt they will reimburse me, they could say that I needed an alignment before inspection. How am I gonna proove?
Old 11-04-2002, 12:39 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by russianDude
I am going to file a complaint.... But I doubt they will reimburse me, they could say that I needed an alignment before inspection. How am I gonna proove?
You won't know unless you try..