Been waiting to post this... ACURA has LOST my business.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 06:53 PM
hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been waiting to post this... ACURA has LOST my business.

I have an '01 CL-S, DOM 02/00, ~28K miles. Since taking delivery of the car in April of 2000, I have made seven unscheduled visits to the dealer for warranty related items. I understand that any car can have it's share of problems, I'm not disputing that, it's just that with my new problem (transmission related), Acura knows there is an issue and REFUSES to drop a TSB to the dealers!!!

The backorder on these units is six months out. SIX FUCKING MONTHS! If I needed to get a new tranny today I'd be waiting a minimum of three to four months. I lease my fucking car. Does anyone at Acura actually think that I would pay $550 a month for 3-4 months to drive some piece of shit Intergra loaner?Unbelievable. The worst part is that Acura is not doing ANY re-design whatsoever, instead opting to remanufacture the units. Two engineers are putting out two units a day. SIX FUCKING MONTHS!!!

My service advisor kicks ass, my service experience has kicked ass, but my CL-S is nothing more than a POS with wonderful seats and a fantastic engine.
Old 10-05-2001, 06:55 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear that. You have to know though, every car manufacturer has their share of problems.

I sometimes wish that BMW did thing differently, but it never is the way you want it to be.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
That sux, I never thought about it like that..but that's a damn good point!

Originally posted by droideka:
<STRONG>Does anyone at Acura actually think that I would pay $550 a month for 3-4 months to drive some piece of shit Intergra loaner?Unbelievable. </STRONG>
Old 10-05-2001, 07:10 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by synth19:
<STRONG>That sux, I never thought about it like that..but that's a damn good point!

</STRONG>
Well... I would strongly suggest seeking counsel to either reduce your payment or void it for the period that your car is in service. your lease payment goes towards the usage of a car...think of it as a rental. If you don't have it, you don't pay.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:18 PM
Safety Car

YO man, that freaking sucks. This makes me think about my ownership of this vehicle. So will u actually need to replace the tranny or are u just speculating?
Old 10-05-2001, 07:26 PM
hater

Originally posted by BigPimp:
<STRONG>YO man, that freaking sucks. This makes me think about my ownership of this vehicle. So will u actually need to replace the tranny or are u just speculating?</STRONG>
Last week I had two "shift" solenoids replaced. My S.A. said, "it's a temporary fix and you will need a new tranny, do you want me to order one?" to which I told him that I would rather it fail, not be fixable for three months at which point I would just exit the lease early.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:57 PM
Pro

Lemon Law--If it's out of service for 30 days. Threaten them with it and see if doesn't light a fire under tneir butts.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:12 PM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>I have an '01 CL-S, DOM 02/00, ~28K miles. Since taking delivery of the car in April of 2000, I have made seven unscheduled visits to the dealer for warranty related items. I understand that any car can have it's share of problems, I'm not disputing that, it's just that with my new problem (transmission related), Acura knows there is an issue and REFUSES to drop a TSB to the dealers!!!

The backorder on these units is six months out. SIX FUCKING MONTHS! If I needed to get a new tranny today I'd be waiting a minimum of three to four months. I lease my fucking car. Does anyone at Acura actually think that I would pay $550 a month for 3-4 months to drive some piece of shit Intergra loaner?Unbelievable. The worst part is that Acura is not doing ANY re-design whatsoever, instead opting to remanufacture the units. Two engineers are putting out two units a day. SIX FUCKING MONTHS!!!

My service advisor kicks ass, my service experience has kicked ass, but my CL-S is nothing more than a POS with wonderful seats and a fantastic engine.</STRONG>
Droideka,
Sorry to hear about this upturn of events, I know the feeling I was fortunately out of my car for 1 month (half of the time having the 'Acura Rep' tell me I had abused my car, and the other half having t wait for the transmission and replacement). Unfortunately I bought the car (because I thought Acura's/Honda's were supposed to last forever).

Dude I know you've been a fantastic contributor to this board, H-A.net, and TL.COM. But hopefully you;ll still hang with us for a bit (even though you'll be in a new ride).
Old 10-05-2001, 11:14 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If my car's tans takes a shit and acura tells me I have to waint 4 - 6 months to get it fixed, my acura dealer will have a 200 lb., problem. The service department might be taking a trans out of a new car or else..... There is no way I would pay for a car that I can't drive. My mustang trans went and it was back to me in two days, not months. Acura needs to get thier shit together or they'll loose a ton of business.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm starting to wonder if any "mods" to the car must include a mandatory $2500.00 to Level-10 for a tranny "beef-up".

Very disconcerting news...

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 10-06-2001, 12:07 AM
hater

Originally posted by EricL:
<STRONG>I'm starting to wonder if any "mods" to the car must include a mandatory $2500.00 to Level-10 for a tranny "beef-up".

Very disconcerting news... </STRONG>
Eric, I really thought us older D.O.M. guys would be immune to this shit, but it appears not. The only way I can drive my car now is in full SS mode. If I leave it in D5 the tranny slips on every other 2>3 shift. And the worst part, I'm bone fucking stock. NOT even a K&N drop in.

My bottom line on these issues is very simple. Sure there are tens of thousands of CL/TLs out there that won't have a problem, but you know what? EVERY CL-S/TL-S I see driven by a non-enthusiast like ourselves is doing 45 mph on the freeway. I doubt those people EVER get into VTEC like we do. What Acura should have said is, "If you intend to drive this car like we do in our commercials while going on and on about 260 horses, BUYER FUCKING BEWARE!"
Old 10-06-2001, 12:12 AM
Rod
Drifting

<STRONG>Eric, I really thought us older D.O.M. guys would be immune to this shit, but it appears not. The only way I can drive my car now is in full SS mode. If I leave it in D5 the tranny slips on every other 2>3 shift. And the worst part, I'm bone fucking stock. NOT even a K&N drop in.

My bottom line on these issues is very simple. Sure there are tens of thousands of CL/TLs out there that won't have a problem, but you know what? EVERY CL-S/TL-S I see driven by a non-enthusiast like ourselves is doing 45 mph on the freeway. I doubt those people EVER get into VTEC like we do. What Acura should have said is, "If you intend to drive this car like we do in our commercials while going on and on about 260 horses, BUYER FUCKING BEWARE!"</STRONG>
I agree, I don't think the tranny can even handle the 260HP the car comes with in stock form.
Old 10-06-2001, 12:32 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I had to replace my CL-S lower engine block the second month of ownership and @ just at 3,000 miles.

The CLS stayed 5-weeks in service waiting for a new engine blcok!

I was driving a 99' CL 3.0 loaner for the whole period.

As a deal with Acura, I got a $1,000 remimbursment and 100,00 miles/6-years extended drivetrain warranttee.
Old 10-06-2001, 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

<STRONG>

Eric, I really thought us older D.O.M. guys would be immune to this shit, but it appears not. The only way I can drive my car now is in full SS mode. If I leave it in D5 the tranny slips on every other 2>3 shift. And the worst part, I'm bone fucking stock. NOT even a K&N drop in.

My bottom line on these issues is very simple. Sure there are tens of thousands of CL/TLs out there that won't have a problem, but you know what? EVERY CL-S/TL-S I see driven by a non-enthusiast like ourselves is doing 45 mph on the freeway. I doubt those people EVER get into VTEC like we do. What Acura should have said is, "If you intend to drive this car like we do in our commercials while going on and on about 260 horses, BUYER FUCKING BEWARE!"</STRONG>
Yes, I get it. I am simple stating the obvious, that every mod part should have an “star” next to it, with a tag saying, “Level-10 upgrade required”. If the car in stock form is having this much trouble, I have some doubts about adding even more torque. It certainly would be useful to know exactly what parts are breaking in the tranny.

Every car I've owned has been able to take the stock HP (or slightly boosted HP) without problems.

The worst part of all of this is the 6-month wait for a "fixed" tranny. This is totally unacceptable -- Acura needs a wake-up call ASAP!

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 10-06-2001, 01:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Just an observation: Acura has lost my business for the opposite reason. My car is extremely reliable (knock on wood), but the dealers around here are total crap.

I would explain your problem to Acura (especially the lease part). They might be able to arrange something.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:06 AM
www.drippinwet.com

<STRONG>I have an '01 CL-S, DOM 02/00, ~28K miles. Since taking delivery of the car in April of 2000, I have made seven unscheduled visits to the dealer for warranty related items. I understand that any car can have it's share of problems, I'm not disputing that, it's just that with my new problem (transmission related), Acura knows there is an issue and REFUSES to drop a TSB to the dealers!!!

My service advisor kicks ass, my service experience has kicked ass, but my CL-S is nothing more than a POS with wonderful seats and a fantastic engine.</STRONG>
that sucks, but that could happen with any mfg, try having parts stuck in customs that your customers are waiting for , tell them to pay back some of your lease payments
Old 10-06-2001, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Hmmmm, I don't think the wait for a new transmission is 4-6 months... Whoever told you that is blowing smoke up your ass. My dealership was able to get a new tranny in 3 days. And many other people on this board got their new trannys in less than a week. Just a warning to never trust a dealer...
Old 10-07-2001, 08:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Technique:
<STRONG>Hmmmm, I don't think the wait for a new transmission is 4-6 months... Whoever told you that is blowing smoke up your ass. My dealership was able to get a new tranny in 3 days. And many other people on this board got their new trannys in less than a week. Just a warning to never trust a dealer...</STRONG>

Dwight, are you saying you called the dealer recently to inquire about the tranny problems OR did you already GET a new tranny (in the past) replaced in 3 days.

Can you clarify this?

(I mention this as there "seems" to be a lot of people on "waiting" lists for CLS transmissions.)
Old 10-07-2001, 10:20 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by Damaged:
<STRONG>Sorry to hear that. You have to know though, every car manufacturer has their share of problems.
</STRONG>
Hey asshat, try reading his post next time. He made that clear in the third sentence.

-J
Old 10-08-2001, 02:14 AM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Originally posted by JRock:
<STRONG>

Hey asshat, try reading his post next time. He made that clear in the third sentence.

-J</STRONG>
Asshat???

Where'd that come from?

I can't stop laughing!

I can't even think what an asshat would be, but I'm definitely gonna call somebody an asshat soon. HaHaHa!
Old 10-08-2001, 02:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
A friend of mine has a CL-S...His tranny was shot...Acura took his car for 2 weeks AND they didn't give him a loaner...they refused to...That's why I never dealt, nor would I ever deal with Plaza Acura in Brooklyn, NY.
Ed
Old 10-08-2001, 08:27 AM
6 speed...

Originally posted by JRock:
<STRONG>

-J</STRONG>
touchy, touchy.

(someone should tell you to quit being such a cock holster... )

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: tankmonkey ]