Axxis Ultimate Pads If Your Interested In Them Or Other Pads Look!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Axxis Ultimate Pads If Your Interested In Them Or Other Pads Look!!!

I was doing some research on many many different brake pads out there and was getting some mixed reviews but after finding a link on (believe it or not) the Mazda Miata site I've got my answers!!! This board should have something like this but I don't think anyone uses there TL for real track use but Miataz are always there... ANYWAY HERE'S SOME INFO FOR EVERYONE!!!

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM THERE BOARD...

AXXIS Ultimate Brake Pads
Applicable to: '90 - '97 1.6 liter 1.8 liter

Axxis pads billed for use in street and light track applications.

Scott @ RoadsterPerformance.com recommended these when it came time to replace my Porterfield R4-S pads. My experience with the pads is much the same as found in Ben Reyes' review. In short, the pads work exactly as billed. Between some aggressive street work and a two-driver track day, the pads just did not give up. When cold, they aren't noticeably different from the OEM compound, but they are markedly better as temps increase. When hot, they bite nicely; not quite as hard as a "true" racing pad, but harder than the R4-S, and most decidedly harder than stock. They also seem to have better longevity than the R4-S as well, not showing the crumbling that is typical with the Porterfields.

...And if the track performance wasn't enough, the dusting characteristics are wonderful to boot. They dust quite a lot more than stock, but somewhat less than the Porterfields. What impresses me most, though, is the quality of the dusting. With R4-S', I had to SCRUB the wheels to clean the dust off. Not so the Axxis Ultimates. I'd say that ~80% of the dust simply washes off with the hose, and the rest comes off with just a trivial swipe of a rag. I haven't seen another pad compound that can touch these for hot and cold performance, durability, dusting, and price. A great deal!

I've been looking into the PORTERFIELD'S OR THE ENDLESS OR THE AXXIS OR THE AEM PADS trying to come up with the real answer and there it is!!! AND the reviews keep claiming the same thing over and over!!! If you want to improve your braking A LOT and you don't or can't pay for the big brake kits, the Axxis Ultimate pads are very cheap and well worth the $$$, weither you keep the stock rotors or replace them!!! SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!!
Racer

Also plz don't edit this..... this site also tells you how you should brake in your NEW pads when you get them.
http://www.carbotecheng.com/faq-pad-q3.htm

This is good info that everyone should have!!

SORRY ONE MORE QUOTE ABOUT AXXIS ULT. FROM THAT SITE...

Performance brake pads billed as dual purpose for street and track use.

I read about these pads on Roadster Performance's web site and thought I'd give them a try to improve my Miata's frightening wet braking with the OEM pads. I also knew I'd be attending the Thunderhill drivers school. I ordered the pads and put them on in early January.

They leave a lot of black dust that easily washes off and they tend to squeak around town. But wet braking is vastly improved over OEM pads, judging by my seat of the pants (no more of that scary delay until the pads bite the rotors). At Thunderhill, the instructors asked if I had ABS. No, just fabulous modulation at incipient lockup. No fade either in repeated high-speed braking. Two long days at the track used up about a third of the pad material on the front, but didn't appear to chew up the rotors. Rear pads appear to have at least 90 percent remaining. I'll definitely buy them again.

DOESN'T CHEW UP ROTORS + GREAT WET BRAKING!!!! AGAIN THIS IS WHAT WE BUY PADS 4!!!
Racer

THE MIATA SITE http://www.miata.net/products/perform/axxis.html

THEY HAVE ALL THE PRODUCTS LISTED AND IF YOU'VE PURCHASED THEM YOU REVIEW THEM!!! VERY SMART!!!

WE SHOULD DO THAT HERE!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much
Old 11-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Re: Axxis Ultimate Pads If Your Interested In Them Or Other Pads Look!!!

Originally posted by Bfor3

I've been looking into the PORTERFIELD'S OR THE ENDLESS OR THE AXXIS OR THE AEM PADS trying to come up with the real answer and there it is!!! AND the reviews keep claiming the same thing over and over
I had some of the AEM pads on my Prelude. They are awesome street pads. Bite much better than stock. No dust either.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Masshole

I'm too lazy to read all of it, but the Ultimate isn't all that necessary for the driving that most of us do...or, so I've heard. I have the Metal Masters, and I like them well enough. They produce more dust, but it cleans very easily.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Suzuka Master

I've used both Axxis Ultimate & EBC greenstuff. The Axxis Ult's are about 2/3 the price and perform on par with the greenstuff pads. They aren't as noisy as the Hawk pads and the dust is easier to clean too.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Drifting

I have the Porterfield R4S and they seem to work pretty good for me...although I do have other things to say about the EMC Rotors tho...
Old 11-09-2003, 05:44 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i've used Axxis plenty of times and I enjoy them. I will be going w/ the EBC greenstuff next cause the Axxis produce a lot of dust
Old 11-09-2003, 06:22 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
When I replace my stock pads, I will upgrade to the Rotora slotted rotors and Axxis Deluxe Plus pads. From what I understand the Deluxe Plus pads are better than OEM but dust less and last longer than the Metal Masters.

Also plan to upgrade to the stainless steel brake lines and Vavoline synthetic dot 4 brake fluid.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally posted by CLpower
i've used Axxis plenty of times and I enjoy them. I will be going w/ the EBC greenstuff next cause the Axxis produce a lot of dust
I had a set of the greenstuff. They were very dusty, contrary to what thier ads say.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:52 AM
HELLLLLLOOOOOO NURSE!!!!!

I have been using PBR/Axxiss Metal Masters for >6 months w/ slotted and cross-drilled rotors and have had no problems. There is no noise, very little brake dust compared to stock. My friend ina 323Ci had the EBC greenstuff and he said they sucked and weren't worth it. He now uses PBR/Axxiss Ultimates.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

I love the EBC GreenStuff, never have that much dust compared to OEM
Old 11-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Racer

I just purchased the Rotora Slotted Rotors, Axxis Ultimates, 95 Legend cpe 2 piston calipers, Goodridge brake lines, and ATE superblue fluid and I'm going to install everything over Thanksgiving. So I will report how they all work first hand!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Racer

Bfor3 good luck with your Rotora install. Am sure you will have a profound new love for your CL-S!!!