Auto-X @ Everett Boing Field 10/02

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Blown LS6!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto-X @ Everett Boing Field 10/02

I signed up for Auto-X this Saturday... I joined the Novice AM time slot.

Should be fun if anyone else is interested. I'm going to buy a Snell-approved helmet later today and can loan it to anyone that wants to run.

WSCC Website:
http://wwscc.org/

Registration info:
http://www.autocrossscorekeeper.com/register/wwscc/
Old 10-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Crap, I have to drive down to Portland for work Saturday or else I'd be there to check things out. Good luck!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
I signed up for Auto-X this Saturday... I joined the Novice AM time slot.

Should be fun if anyone else is interested. I'm going to buy a Snell-approved helmet later today and can loan it to anyone that wants to run.

WSCC Website:
http://wwscc.org/

Registration info:
http://www.autocrossscorekeeper.com/register/wwscc/
Hey Tom,

What class do they make you run in? SM2? I haven't run an autocross in years. I'm thinking of giving it a shot in the CL-S.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by Allout
Hey Tom,

What class do they make you run in? SM2? I haven't run an autocross in years. I'm thinking of giving it a shot in the CL-S.

I have no idea what SM2 is? Is that S&M -- you pervert? I'll let ya know tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
I have no idea what SM2 is? Is that S&M -- you pervert? I'll let ya know tomorrow.

LOL - Me being a pervert isn't pertinent to this specific question.

SM2=Street Modified 2. I'm just wondering what the SC does to class placement. There's an Autocross about 45 minutes from me next weekend and I'm considering giving it a shot before I add the SC. Let me know how you do.

As a tip, bring an air pump with you. I used to increase my tire pressures for these events. I learned that you lay a line of chalk down your sidewall to gauge how much tire roll you get. If your tire is rolling - add pressure. And if not - adjust accordingly. Your doing this on your 19"'s im guessing.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Blown LS6!!

Well, I did the Auto-X event yesterday and to say the least, it was a blast! I'm definitely going to get more involved next season. The results were less that expected but I have a list of excuses.

My best time around the course was 51.1xx seconds. For comparison, the top time in the morning went to a seasoned S2000 w/ mods @ 43 seconds. A turbo Miata did a slightly higher 43 time and a STI pulled a 47. Driver is VERY, VERY important.

I am very disappointed in my tires. These 225/35/19 Spec-2's squealed like a lil' bitch for the entire 51 seconds. I had to feather the throttle the entire time around the sweeping corners. After a couple runs it became alot of fun to know exactly where the car wanted to go and how much grip to expect out of the tires. Next time, I'll use my 17's w/ the SO3's and see if that helps scrub a second or so off my time.

I can say w/ confidence that I suck at driving. I improved by 4 seconds during the day (5 runs total). I know the car can do a little better but the limitations of 3500 lbs of FWD understeer become quite apparant. Some of those lil' S2000's and Miata's just flew through the course!

I did probably have one of the fastest times throught the small straight-aways though...if that means anything to anyone.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Blown is Best

Here's a link to some useful info on Solo2:
http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm
Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
AKA MaxGeek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed the event, but don't worry about it Seattle CL-S, autocross has a hight learning curve. You really have to keep going out to events to get better. You continued to improve your times which is most important. I'm still working on getting better at autox too.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by Guru
I missed the event, but don't worry about it Seattle CL-S, autocross has a hight learning curve. You really have to keep going out to events to get better. You continued to improve your times which is most important. I'm still working on getting better at autox too.

We'll have to meet up next season!
Old 10-05-2004, 05:41 PM
AKA MaxGeek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For sure!