Attention V1 owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 01:54 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention V1 owners

As you know I've decide to get a V1 but I have a few questions before I order it this week.

I've have my friend's old, old V1 for several months. He never uses it and when I told him I had settled on getting a new V1, he made me a deal. I can trade-in his used V1, get and keep a new unit, and I just need to let him borrow it for his few long roadtrip. So I called Mike and he told me for $250 plus this trade in, they will send me an upgraded V1.

1.Has anyone done this and have you noticed a big difference (claim is better Ka, better X, much less falses), are you satisfied?

2.Upgraded V1 has no rear laser, am I missing something?

3.I ordered the remote. All my friend gave me was an old V1 and a coil cord. Do I need to have him look for that straight, hardwire cord or will the remote contain everything? It's important to be able to loan out the unit without having to take apart the setup.

4.Mike swears this upgrade is just like a new unit, performance-wise. Do you agree or disagree? The upgrade form lists new antenna, new board, and new faceplate.

5.The say no new V1 design is expected. Only upgrades. Anyone heard otherwise?

Thanks.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-18-2001, 02:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
If the unit doesn't look all that bad, why not just sell the V1 you have right now on Ebay? I see them going for 350-399 most of the times and no one ever says what version or how new the unit is. They just mention that the unit looks new and stuff??? Just my opinion......I am not sure why there would be no rear antenna, I thought that that was the main feature of the V1?

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-18-2001, 02:15 AM
Race Director

I think you might be right about eBay.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-18-2001, 02:18 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
I think you might be right about eBay.

</font>
Ya I have been looking on ebay for months now and they go for no lower than 350.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-18-2001, 03:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Remember, as long as your don't say it is old and you just say it looks like its new...You won't be lying! hehe...but post your seller name so I don't bid!! Good luck!

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:00 AM
Team Owner

It will work out better if you sell on EBAY, but you definitely won’t get 350 for the unit you have.
If I remember correctly, you said it doesn’t even have LASER detection.
Those prices of 300+ that people are seeing are for the newer units with LASER detection.
I would set a “reserve” or “starting bid” of 240-250 and see where it goes from there.
I sold a comparable unit to yours back in June and I got 265 for it.
Still better then upgrading though.

The cost to upgrade the really old units just isn’t worth it.
I think if you want to upgrade AND add LASER to a non-LASER unit, the cost is an additional 100 bucks.

If you get say 250 for it on EBAY, your out of pocket expense would be only 150 bucks and you will have a brand new unit with front & rear LASER and a full warranty to boot.

My total cost after the EBAY sale was about 173 bucks plus shipping to go from an old non-Laser unit to a brand new one with all the toys and the remote display unit.
399(V1) + 39(Remote) – 265 = 173

Also, the False Alarms won’t go completely away even with a new unit.
Although they are less frequent, I still get them in town all the time.
The V1 was made for the highway and that is where it performs best.
The only regular “false” I get on the highways in my area is when I pass the LV Hospital on I-78.
They have a RADAR system for their Med-Evac helicopter that sets off the V1 every time I go by there.
This is where the V1 ARROWS and bogey counter come into play.
If I ever drive by there and see anything higher then “1” displayed, I will know to keep an eye out for a cop ahead or behind.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-18-2001, 01:08 PM
Adult Supervision

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
1.Has anyone done this and have you noticed a big difference (claim is better Ka, better X, much less falses), are you satisfied?

2.Upgraded V1 has no rear laser, am I missing something?

3.I ordered the remote. All my friend gave me was an old V1 and a coil cord. Do I need to have him look for that straight, hardwire cord or will the remote contain everything? It's important to be able to loan out the unit without having to take apart the setup.

4.Mike swears this upgrade is just like a new unit, performance-wise. Do you agree or disagree? The upgrade form lists new antenna, new board, and new faceplate.

5.The say no new V1 design is expected. Only upgrades. Anyone heard otherwise?
</font>
1) nope, haven't heard of anyone who has done this.
2) rear laser - I am not sure that you are missing alot here. I never see laser around here.
3) V1 uses standard 4 wire phone cords. it will use any radio phone wire that you get for power, remote controls etc.
4) Beats me. If he didn't think this wouldn't he be pushing a purchase of a new unit? gets him more $$
5) I have seen/heard nothing but if I was them I would keep this very secret until the day it was for sale.

Try the ebay thing as suggested and set your price and if you get it then you are done.

-Mike

------------------
MikeS 18 - '01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT, only 2 scratched rims